Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

So I don't like watching operations, and that scene in the famous surrealist film (can't recall what it's call? Cabinet of Dr Caligari?) where there's a close up of the guy slicing the woman's eyeball open with a razor blade is revolting.

Ditto. I'm totally comfortable watching autopsies and was completely at home when we had to dissect things in high school (although the smell of the damn formaldehyde did get to after a while) but I can't stand those medical shows where the camera's practically right in the incision. Who knows, maybe I'd be able to watch the real thing in front of me because I wouldn't be sticking my nose right in the middle of everything. Stupid TMI (Too Much Information) camera angles.

Posted at

How did you papercut your eyeball…

Seriously.
That is not something you should be proud of.

At all.

well you see, it was during french class and we each had a blue piece of paper and a pink piece of paper and when the teacher said a vocab word, we had to hold up blue for masculine words and pink for feminine words. Well I held up one of the cards… straight into my eyeball.

Posted at

How did you papercut your eyeball…

Seriously.
That is not something you should be proud of.

At all.

well you see, it was during french class and we each had a blue piece of paper and a pink piece of paper and when the teacher said a vocab word, we had to hold up blue for masculine words and pink for feminine words. Well I held up one of the cards… straight into my eyeball.

Proof that learning another language is hazardous to your health.

Posted at

Especially French. That shit'll kill ya.

Posted at

Especially French. That shit'll kill ya.

I'm lucky I escaped with my life really.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

But did you?
Really?

Are you a real person commenting on a forum and posting comments and your self pics etc, or are you just a ghost inside the internet who thinks he's a real person? Huh? Huh?

Spooky!

Posted at

But did you?
Really?

Are you a real person commenting on a forum and posting comments and your self pics etc, or are you just a ghost inside the internet who thinks he's a real person? Huh? Huh?

Spooky!

010010 010100 1100101 uhhh… cough cough… no, I'm a real person.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

man, i love lurking in this topic.

Posted at

Oh, I forgot my irrational fear of getting breast cancer. Me of all people, I know. I often mistake my own ribcage for a tumor. lol!

But did you?
Really?

Spooky!

010010 010100 1100101 uhhh… cough cough… no, I'm a real person.

When ParkerFarker was dead at the end of Sixth Sense (French class?)–
I jizzed. in. my pants.

lba
lba
Posted at

I once paper cut my eye ball once. Not very deep, just through the clear membrane, but still.

Oh, that reminds me of one ( like I said, I don't consciously notice most of the time. ). Whenever I'm using an X-acto knife, and I hold it blade upward in front of a desk, I get this uncomfortable feeling like for no reason whatsoever, I'm just going to slam my head forward and put it into my eye. It's not even like a suicidal thought, or a fear, just this uncomfortable feeling like I've got some weird imperative to do it, and one day I'm just going to decide,"you know what sounds good? slamming a sharp hunk of metal deep into my eye socket and brain". But I don't actively want to do it, even though the feeling is that it would be an action I'd physically initiate under my own power. It only happens with X-acto knives too. I have a huge number of other knives, blades and assorted pointy objects around my studio and the feeling never occurs like my head is just going to slam forward into it. And of course, I do a huge amount of print-making and stenciling which both require X-acto knives.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

you know grace, worrying about cancer will GET you cancer….>:)

LOOKIS
LOOKIS
Posted at

I remember my FIRST nightmare (or I remember the first nightmare that I can still remember?) anyway I was a kid.

I dreamed my mother sliced off my dog's nose with a sharp knife.

If I had a psychiatrist that dream would probably be good for at least 10 or 20 sessions.

Posted at

you know grace, worrying about cancer will GET you cancer….>:)

I'll cancer YOU.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I jizzed. in. my pants.
Banana cream.

Posted at

I jizzed. in. my pants.
Banana cream.

All over your pancakes. Now THAT'll kill ya.

I remember my FIRST nightmare (or I remember the first nightmare that I can still remember?) anyway I was a kid.

I'm pretty sure my first nightmare as a child was having Barney the dinosaur come to my window while I was trying to sleep and pawing at it aggressively to get my attention.

Since then, I can't look out windows at night. :neenjah:

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I used to have a recurring dream when I was kid where my whole family(extended and all) would meet out in the desert by some prop house and go down a hole in the ground. We would walk through this huge tunnel with doors on either side - sometimes in the dream I would open one and there were always terrifying monsters behind them. At the end there would be a sleeping vampire, past which was the thing we were looking for. Of course, nearly every time(I think I got past him once) the vampire would wake up and chase us back through the tunnel, at which point we would realize there was now a WHALE blocking the hole we had come in through.

Stupid whales, always where they don't belong.

Posted at

I used to have a recurring dream when I was kid where my whole family(extended and all) would meet out in the desert by some prop house and go down a hole in the ground. We would walk through this huge tunnel with doors on either side - sometimes in the dream I would open one and there were always terrifying monsters behind them. At the end there would be a sleeping vampire, past which was the thing we were looking for. Of course, nearly every time(I think I got past him once) the vampire would wake up and chase us back through the tunnel, at which point we would realize there was now a WHALE blocking the hole we had come in through.

Stupid whales, always where they don't belong.

A whale in the middle of a desert for no reason? I wonder where the bowl of petunias got to.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

What's weirder is that I knew it was a giant whale blocking the way out, even though we were underneath it.

Posted at

I'm pretty sure my first nightmare as a child was having Barney the dinosaur come to my window while I was trying to sleep and pawing at it aggressively to get my attention.

And now I have this urge to show up at GracehFaceh's house, one night, with live size Barney dolls to place at all the windows.

Reading this thread is making me realize more and more that I'm not a very good person.

Posted at

And now I have this urge to show up at GracehFaceh's house, one night, with live size Barney dolls to place at all the windows.

Reading this thread is making me realize more and more that I'm not a very good person.

It's okay, I didn't need to sleep at all.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Since then, I can't look out windows at night.

My first nightmare was about Mickey Mouse.
It was a happy day and me, my siblings and my parents went to disneyland. While there I made fun of Mickeys ears…

BIG MISTAKE

Long story short, Mickey used his big shoes to break the world in two.
The End

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Right now, my greatest fear is letting my family, and therefore myself, down.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I once had a dream where I was the murderous monster chasing others who were fleeing in terror. It was one of worst and weirdest nightmares I ever had.

I also had a dream where, after I opened my eyes in terror, I could still see the dream antagonists face laughing maniacally at me. It was freaky. I understand why, it happens sometimes when you wake up but are momentarily still in dream mode. It's more of a mental imprint on your brain from your dream and not actual sight, but it's still creepy.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.