Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Zad
Zad
Posted at

Hmmm…I suppose…the future? Mostly because it contains all my fears. I'm going to fail a class, not get a job, be super-shy, and so on.
Gawd, how I hate the future.

Oh, and nightmares? My worst involved the Jeepers Creepers man, my family in a circle, laughing, and a baby bouncing on asphalt.
It made no sense but I woke up and I just started crying. I was 12. It felt like the end of the world.

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

I don't know if I really have a worst fear now, but when I was a kid, I had this horrible fear of daddy-long-legs. Not spiders in general (even though they're technically not spiders), just daddy-long-legs, even though they're completely harmless. Which is kind of ironic considering I'm an entomologist.

On the other hand, I actually like having nightmares; I've gotten some of my best story-writing material from them.

Posted at

I'm incredibly needlephobic.

Not just that needles scare me, but it's to the point where I'm 20 and I still have to have my parents take me to the hospital when I need shots because the minute I walk into the hospital all logic leaves my head and I want to run. The nurses have to hold or strap me down, and I often hyperventalate, cry, and shake. The one time I had to get an IV they let me hyperventalate until I fainted just so they could get it in the vein without me shaking so much.

Logically I know flu shots and stuff are meant to be beneficial, but I cannot help but want to die when I see them. And when I actually get the shot it doesn't even hurt so bad, but that intense fear still grips me every time!

On a sillier note, I get the same way around goats. They creep me the heck out and I want to cry if I am near one, but when I'm sitting safely here at home I recognise this is a really dumb phobia

Posted at

Most of my dreams are fairly pleasant. My childhood was not without nightmares though.

I had a few recurring ones. I had one where I was the sole survivor of some worldwide apocalypse and my family was now a group of diseased mutants trying to eat me. Another one involved a mermaid trying to drown me when I was swimming in the ocean. A third one involved me attempting to perform an exorcism. As you may imagine, it went very, very badly.

Other than that, however, it was all smooth sailing in dreamland.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

I'm not afraid of anything.

Except the possibility of another Crusade. Religious wars get sloppy.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Religious wars get sloppy.
Not really. War is war, it's always the same and always bad. There are no good wars and no wars that are inherently worse.
It's like being smothered by human crap- It's not something you want to happen to you no matter much whose it is.

…unless you're into that sort of thing -_-

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Religious wars get sloppy.
Not really. War is war, it's always the same and always bad. There are no good wars and no wars that are inherently worse.
It's like being smothered by human crap- It's not something you want to happen to you no matter much whose it is.

…unless you're into that sort of thing -_-
Religious wars are even worse though, because it's a war fought over something that isn't concrete.

Wars over land, revenge, and money I can understand because it benefits the country. But fighting in the name of God doesn't have anything material to offer.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Religious wars are even worse though, because it's a war fought over something that isn't concrete.
No war does ;)
All wars are really about land and resources. And they all use silly justifications for their reasoning.
If you study the crusades you'll find that the reality was that younger sons of European royalty were able to carve out new kingdoms and take land for themselves, colonising the middle east- when they wouldn't have had those opportunities at home. Counter crusades by the Mamluks were to take all that lad back. :)

Like Iraq- where the justification varied between a new crusade, something about AlQuida, something abut Sadam being naughty, something about WMD etc. The reality is that a massive new US garrison was built there (biggest in the Middle East), which gives a secure strategic staging post to defend Israel, invade Iran or Syria… etc.
As well as secured oil fields, with companies now able to sell directly to US companies with no hostile leader to increase prices or decide to sell to someone else.

Afghanistan was ostensibly about revenge against AlQuiada, except that they didn't really have anything to do with Afghanistan- only having some training caps in some remote areas there they same as they did in countries in Africa and Pakistan. Strategically it allowed the US and NATO countries to make further inroads against Russia's control over that area of Asia and former Soviet counties- With control over airfields, former Soviet bases etc.

Posted at

You know what really freaks me out? Nuclear holocaust.

I've been freaked out about it since the second grade after 9/11, when my parents decided we had to store food and water in the basement just in case more attacks came. I was so afraid, I put all my favorite things in a box and stored them in the basement for a couple of days. In the event that we didn't make it in time, they would be safe, I thought. A scary realization for a 8 year old kid!

Then I saw a show on nuclear holocaust not too long ago. Sent chills up my spine like whoa. I hope I die in the bombing, I don't want to have to resort to cannibalism. D:

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Jellyfish, germs and commitment.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

You know what really freaks me out? Nuclear holocaust.

I've been freaked out about it since the second grade after 9/11, when my parents decided we had to store food and water in the basement just in case more attacks came. I was so afraid, I put all my favorite things in a box and stored them in the basement for a couple of days. In the event that we didn't make it in time, they would be safe, I thought. A scary realization for a 8 year old kid!

Then I saw a show on nuclear holocaust not too long ago. Sent chills up my spine like whoa. I hope I die in the bombing, I don't want to have to resort to cannibalism. D:
I live in New York and I saw the thing happen. I was like 6 or 7 at the time so it was more interesting than scary. All I really remember from that mess was me getting some ice cream.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.