Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I was on my own for the most part, people just responded to me badly for some reason.

My english teacher hated me because I got a book published when he had been shunned by every publisher in Australia (Never bothered to tell him it was through Lulu) and he marked me down at every chance he got (Which, in addition to a religion course that I didn't know didn't count, meant I didn't get marked high enough to get into a university)

So yeah, it sucked big time

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Most likely.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

"Love" is actually a ninja technique.

In the Naruto show, they call it "genjutsu". lol!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I was on my own for the most part, people just responded to me badly for some reason.

My english teacher hated me because I got a book published when he had been shunned by every publisher in Australia (Never bothered to tell him it was through Lulu) and he marked me down at every chance he got (Which, in addition to a religion course that I didn't know didn't count, meant I didn't get marked high enough to get into a university)

So yeah, it sucked big time

what an asshole teacher… And btw, what book is that? (pm me if youre too shy)

wyldflowa
wyldflowa
Posted at

Why can't anyone see that no one in their teens can love?! It's like 'love' is a word they could just toss around like it's real! Teens don't have the mental capabilities to love! I'm sure NONE of you loved your girlfriend/boyfriend in high school. You just LIKED them.
Eeeh… I sorta agree with that myself. But at the same time I feel that young people should just go out and enjoy themselves while they're young. I sorely regret not doing the whole dating thing as a teen because I now realise that I've probably passed the most emotionally-charged part of my life where all that stuff is so much more exciting~ XD At the time I thought all the people getting caught up in relationship drama were stupid but now I kinda wish I'd been one of them. ^^; So even if it isn't love there's nothing to stop people having a good time while they're young and beautiful (as long as they do it safely O_O). XD Plus you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before finding a prince… might as well start young… aha.

Oh my god I sound like an old woman.

Did I mention I hated high school? Hate hate hate. I went to a a really rough school - I really shouldn't have been there because I was so high-ability… I could have sailed through grammar school but eh, my mother just dumped me in the closest place. Boo. When I have kids I'm gonna send them to the best place I can~ I wouldn't wish my high school life on anyone. :/

Posted at

Um, I was also voted princess of a school dance and voted most likely to succeed.

I haven't won one thing in high school yet.

Which reminds me… I found out that I got a 90 on my art final. A 90. I'm so pissed off! All of my other friends (that don't give a care about art at all) got 100's, and I was just helping them half the time. My friends were mad about my 90 and my family was mad. They liked my painting. But oh well. If the art teacher thinks it sucks, then I guess it must suck. (By the way, in my art class, a 90 is failing! How DARE I suck so badly?!)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Um, I was also voted princess of a school dance and voted most likely to succeed.

I haven't won one thing in high school yet.

Which reminds me… I found out that I got a 90 on my art final. A 90. I'm so pissed off! All of my other friends (that don't give a care about art at all) got 100's, and I was just helping them half the time. My friends were mad about my 90 and my family was mad. They liked my painting. But oh well. If the art teacher thinks it sucks, then I guess it must suck. (By the way, in my art class, a 90 is failing! How DARE I suck so badly?!)

lol a 90 failing in art class?

You sure youre not sarcastic or anything?

Since I got a 71 in art class… and I still "passed" and made it to the honor roll.

Posted at

What kind of school has a 90 as failing? At my school you have to get like a 60 to fail. And thats just because we have no D's. Otherwise at the first high school I whent to It would take a 30 to fail. So I say your school system is relay messed up.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

This high of a mark probably means that the thing should be really easy.

HOW COME YOU DIDN'T GET 100?! YOU'RE A FANTASTIC ARTIST! (Roar, roar.)

Actually, I'm going to give you my own mark. And put my signature, for extra measure.

Stick that on your fridge.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

… Lolonehundredonepercentextracredit?

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

that is so old school with a 90 bein too low, when i took art our teacher was a ***** and no one liked her, she gave the REALLY artsy ppl good grades, the averages that liked art average grades and ones that had no talent but tried their hardest failing grades… maybe the teach is my teachs twin???? thts a nice 101:D i want to print it up and stick it on MY fridge:D

Posted at

Huh… I'm getting a lot of bad vibes from this thread. High School really isn't that big of a deal, no reason to get angry about it. It's just four years of your life, no big deal really.

I actually feel bad for people who say high school was the best time of their life. If you're a middle-aged person, and the best time of your life was high school… what have you been doing since?

I've learned through my high school career (graduated on the tenth. w00t) that… well whatever. People may do or say something to piss you off, but don't worry about it. If you're friendly to everyone, they tend to be friendly back, and if they're not, just avoid those people, who wants to be around an asshole anyway? I was the type of person that bounced around in high school. I switched school my Junior year, so I didn't know a whole bunch of people, but the people I did know seemed to like me okay, and they came from all different groups. But I can honestly say, that girls tended to be meaner than guys. I dunno why. Maybe it's hard being rich and bored in a college town. I wouldn't know about the rich and bored part.

Posted at

What kind of school has a 90 as failing? At my school you have to get like a 60 to fail. And thats just because we have no D's. Otherwise at the first high school I whent to It would take a 30 to fail. So I say your school system is relay messed up.

Oh, no! A D is technically failing, but a 90 is failing TO ME in my art class! I'm just upset I didn't get a 100! Oops, sorry! I typed something out wrong…

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

actually feel bad for people who say high school was the best time of their life.

(*flashbacks to 1999*)

(*kYuPoL is sitting by himself in the corner*)
(*everyone else is chillin and smiling and shit*)

(*Teacher gets up on the podium*)

Teacher: "High School is the best time of your life! (*indistinct mumbling*)

(*Camera focuses on kYuPoL*)

kYuPoL: (to himself) WAAAHHH!!! I MISSED OUT ON HIGH SCHOOL. BOO HOO HOO HOO HOOO!!! (*indistinct suicidal emo mumbling*)

[[Next scene: Present day]]

lol! Fuck diz shit yo! lol!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

That's pretty random.

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

High school teacher here. Gotta chime in…

As a student, I loved high school! Then again, the coolest thing about high school back in my day were the parachute pants, The Transformers, Thundercats, Max Headroom, Depeche Mode's Music For The Masses Album (yeah, ALBUM), and ANY rap that had curse words in it!

That said, I was just your average jock/closet geek - how many guys do you know played in the marching band AND did football and soccer to boot???

As a teacher, the game has changed. You teens have a bit more access to information and are thus, a bit more aware. Thus, it leaves you open to be a bit more sarcastic, dubious and perhaps, indifferent about the world view. Kids question authority a lot more because they're smarter. To slightly paraphrase a classic punk song…"the bloody kids ARE bloody keen"!

Even with all that knowledge, now comes the responsibility to give you the power to do something about the world you live in today…

Knowing will ALWAYS be half the battle - G.I. JOE!

Ahem…another 80's plug!

kayoanno
kayoanno
Posted at

High school…Gawd, that was like….4 years ago.
I'm not gonna lie, I was straight-edge ^^ alot of kids had me classified as Emo…
I went to shows, but was usually very quiet around people, unless I really had something to say.I also had long,blonde hair with purple streaks (don't ask how I got away with that, even I don't know)
I never had any problems with my instructors, except my Art teacher. She and I just couldn't get along!( I almost flunked art class cause she didn't think I was paying attention to the assignments, truth was, I was already done with my work)
Music was my life. I was a bassist for a short-lived band called "Drowning Dollies" (XD) I would create/modify my clothes which were usually in dark colors
….I was also a closet otaku ^^;

…skip to present day!
music still plays a big role in my life, though the words are usually in japanese or korean (I'm learning Japanese,slowly but surely)I play guitar on a daily basis, just for fun. I still create and modify my clothing but instead of the darker attire, I like stuff with contrast (black and white together, usually) and now, I am proud to admit… I am a Jrock otaku~!

Posted at

music still plays a big role in my life, though the words are usually in japanese or korean (I'm learning Japanese,slowly but surely)I play guitar on a daily basis, just for fun. I still create and modify my clothing but instead of the darker attire, I like stuff with contrast (black and white together, usually) and now, I am proud to admit… I am a Jrock otaku~!

heh… typical north american:P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.