Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ttyler
ttyler
Posted at

I read about it in a webcomics how to book.

jagular
jagular
Posted at

i wanted to learn how to make a web comic and found a website on how to make one. the guy linked to his comic on drunkduck.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

Was reading stuff here and there. Somehow I found HBN and Johnny Saturn and a few others, so it was always some DD comics bookmarked, and since I wanted to upload my comics too, I killed two birds with one stone (no ducks) and joined.

mundy
mundy
Posted at

I'd been thinking of making a webcomic ages ago searching through the "providers" and somehow stumbled onto drunkduck, signed up but forgot all about it because of uni and art projects, I kept meaning to start a webcomic but kept putting it off, I went to a comic show in October met my idol and then was like damn it I'm gonna start drawing, then left it again for a while, come around January and I decided to finally make a resolution I was determined not to break and for my birthday started a webcomic.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

i was spammed , i uploaded a few pages of my old comic and then DD crashed in a spectacular apocaliptic way ! then they came back and i answered this same question in the old forums , then they crashed again (less spectacular) then i joined again , Good times !!

darrell
darrell
Posted at

A friend of mine that works at the comic shop I go to had a comic up on here. So I started out just coming in to see his work. When I mentioned that I had considered making a comic he encouraged me to post it here. He left a little while before the big crash (but he's talking about coming back) and I stuck around.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

Poof! Drunk Duck appeared on my browser.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I joined back at the end of middle school, so that was four years ago. I skipped the last few days of school since nothing was happening and decided to finally post some of my comics online. I found out about DD by browsing for webcomic hosts on the Megatokyo forums. Since then I started one comic, restarted it, published some comic books, became a moderator, became a not-moderator, and watched DD die for some months during the summer due to various technical problems, and got sent some free stuff (thanks guys!).
But yeah, this is a cool site and I'm glad it now has Platinum Studios backing it.

Posted at

I was introduced to Drunkduck through one of my friends who had knownw about this site for the longest. At first I didn't really come that much onto here, then I started reading his comics and I thought they were really deep so I wanted to see all of the other comics and what they were about. Yeah, and I was a bit under the radar, just leaving comments and stuff but now I wanted to participate in these forums. Yay.

That is all. :)

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

I came here in February but didn't activate my account on here until November, it took me that long to figure out how to activate it.

Posted at

I started on Smackjeeves.
But one day I was bored so I checked to see what this place would be like.
And, I like it.

To make that more interesting add in some dragons, surfing and comedic sitautions.

Posted at

I googled 'making webcomics' found a tutorial, it linked me here, and I just started to read.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

"I wanna make a webcomic, where can I host it for free?"

Then google, then here. I got here around early February '06, uploaded the first NR strip, and found out that people actually read it(a few). I've been here ever since.

Mid Boss
Mid Boss
Posted at

I had a friend that wouldent shut up about this website. He eventually got me into it, and after a couple of months, I am now Proudly a member of the DD community. I regret nothing. :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.