Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i love to read me some webcomics whilst i have nothing else to do….so somehow last september ish….i found this site…and then i was like i'll create an account…that account didnt get approved or something so i made this one when i was ready for my comic to begin….

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

A friend of mine on deviantART mentioned their comic being on the Duck a while back. I didn't feel all too interested in DD back then, but when I started to suffer a bit for pageviews over there, I joined here since it's meant for webcomics.

I think I've been slightly more successful in terms of views here than on dA. But I can get more in touch with my readers over there than I can here…

mfc
mfc
Posted at

Oh, man ..

I don't remember when I signed up for DD, but I remember hosting my comic "Miso Soup" on here a long while ago; I'm sure you guys remember it (it was one of my favorites because it was just a bunch of dumb jokes).

I also don't recall how I came to DD, but I'm sure glad I did. There are a bunch of awesome web comics around here. I'm here every day, and I'm constantly drawing every day.

^_^

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

I was reading Eunice P's Ghost Hunters comic, and at one point she moved it to DD or she had started doing I come from Mars and had it hosted on DD. That's how I discovered DD. That must have been 2002-3. Mmm…I was around during the B.C. (before crash) era. (I can't believe I made that pun, would A.D. be After Duck? I don't know… It's time to go home.)

Kalos
Kalos
Posted at

Ahhh… I remember it like it was four days ago…

Pretty much, my friend had asked me if I wanted to draw a webcomic for him using MS Paint. I was kind of hesistant because, well, that seemed like effort or a commitment or something. So he started looking around for places to host the comic, and he came across this site and signed up to look around. Then, the jerk said something about me having to sign up too so he could be the "assistant" or whatever. I got started on the first strip within the hour. And, yeah, here I am.

Good story, huh?

Myari
Myari
Posted at

I went with DD because I liked the active community and the templates already being set up for you so you don't have to remember HTML, which makes it all very easy and friendly. I don't like all the ads, but that mad-looking duck is really cute.

Posted at

Came across it in early 2005. Avoided it for as long as I could. It came back revamped in 2006, no other hosts were available/active/good for me then, so I joined.

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Getting new on webcomics back late of 2004, I finished reading RPG World comic and I loved it. I wanted to get more into webcomics and stuff especially, I always had ideas for comics and started on Angelfire but it was too script-y for me. During googling, I discovered Onlinecomics.net and it was loaded with webcomics and most of the comics would link me to Drunkduck.

Drunkduck? Drunkduck? What the heck is Drunkduck? Oh well, I clicked on the logo and here I am.

6116 Taboo
6116 Taboo
Posted at

Well, I was actually directed here by someone from another site. xD Spiffeh place.
Man I feel like a newb. D;

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Well, I was actually directed here by someone from another site. xD Spiffeh place.
Man I feel like a newb. D;

We were all newbies at once point or another. Just give it time and you'll be a local soon enough

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

it was linked to me from another site.

Sabboth
Sabboth
Posted at

I haven't been here for very long but, I came because of a recommendation on the site. I tried smack-jeeves but that place is a nasty ass website. This site has more "control" I would say. Plus the comics here are good and I think my comic would do good here.

Posted at

I found PinkyTA, Hero by Night and Atland. When I wanted a place to store my own webcomic…DD looked cool enough.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

my sister was doing it, so i would look at her comic.

It was mostly jealousy that motivated me. Wow, i am so inspiring.

After i joined, i couldnt figure out how to scan until 2 months later, then i apathetically uploaded a horrible first page….i guess we all start somewhere.

Posted at

I remember I first came to this site when my best friend started his own sprite comic, and I loved it. I only really went on the site to read it, and I was baffled at first, but then i began to like the friendlyness of the community, and I began to find more and more lovely comics to read.
It wasn't until October last year me and my best friend had finally decided to create a web comic of one of our well developed roleplays we did once, and thus we now have Opposites Attract.
I actually have stopped going on gaiaonline as much to come to this site now, because I just love seeing the comments I get, but most of all, seeing my favourite comics being updated.
I plan to stay, because I really like this site. Everyone is so friendly here and I hope that my comic goes well. :P

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

A friend on irc linked CTV where Foomy gets stuffed into a couch.

Posted at

Ha ha Zac you are too funny.

How I ended up here? I work for this company, Platinum Studios, and they aquired this site, Drunk Duck, and they were like "Carly you make comics, how about you upload them and tell us how the site is" I said "ok" but thought "web comics are stupid, why would anyone upload comics to the web? no one will read them. the only way is spending 1,000s of dollars to get books printed and then turning around and spending 100s of dollars on hotel rooms and table costs and then driving cross country hauling a billion pounds of books"

yeah I'm a convert, I do web comics exclusivly now. I was a dummy… I think Drunk Duck has THE best community evar!!1!

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I typed www.drunkduck.com into my browser.

Can't you bookmark? I would definitely have DD bookmarked first if I had to replace my computer

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

I was reading through this digital art/webcomic tutorial book and at the back they had a bunch of different websites you could visit for things like fonts, tutorials, and webcomic hosting. It was all alphabetical and Drunk Duck just happened to be the first one on the list so I checked it out.

Posted at

Someone mentioned it on DeviantART. I'd been working on Bulletproof for a good while - issue 1 was done and all up on Comicspace. So I uploaded it in its entirety here and was overwhelmed by the amount of views I got - people actually READ IT and TALKED ABOUT IT. It was really the interactivity that sucked me in. A few weeks later, I decided to publish through here with updates twice a week, and I've never looked back. Truth be told, I barely do anything on dA anymore these days.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I was another soul languishing in obscurity at Comic Genesis (formerly Keenspace) and heard about Drunk Duck somehow (maybe it was linked on another comic). Once I got here and started meeting and becoming part of the community, somehow CG just became less and less important to me. I don't even update there anymore…

I really enjoy DD!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.