Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
TitanOne
TitanOne
Posted at

He does in POC 3, but that is because he was stuck in his own personal hell.

Not to mention being stuck in "Bad Movie Sequel" Hell.

Talking to yourself is perfectly OK.

If you start answering yourself back, there may be a problem.

If you start answering yourself with remarks like "Huh? What'd you say?" there's definitely a problem. ;)

lemon_king
lemon_king
Posted at

I guess I'll reply to this topic…..CRAP
I DID IT AGAIN!!lol

no, it doesn't make you crazy.Some people like me even have a tendancey to.

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

i think if you know you're talking to yourself, you're okay. it's when you think you're talking to someone and it turns out to be yourself, or someone you made up. then you are looney.

Seira_chan
Seira_chan
Posted at

Heheh…
I'm constantly telling myself what to do, as in "Ok, now we need to go eat…. what looks good" Or "we got a paper to do, a drawing, a random-ass cardboard thing…" My whole family always thinks I'm talking to them, and I have to exasperatedly say "NO, I was talking to MYSELF." What worries me is that I say "We" instead of "I," even though I don't have other voices in my head - that I know of. I do argue with myself - like "yeah, lets do that - naw, that's stupid…"

I'm a bit freaked out by it sometimes. Especially when I'm home alone talking and singing to and about myself and every object I come into contact with.

Oh well.

Is this crazy? I think so, I think…

Posted at

if it's crazy than i am a complete nutter. when i'm alone i talk to myself and pretend that i am myself talking to another person, either someone i know or someone i made up. i hold entire conversations that may or may not include arguing. or other interesting things. xD

Posted at

I lose arguments against myself all the time.

You crazy bastard.

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

I lose arguments against myself all the time.

You crazy bastard.

the trick is to make deals with yourself (between the part of you that wants to have fun and the responsible one) ;)

Posted at

hey…would it be crazy if you thought of something funny,and then laughed?
would it also be crazy if you did this when no-one is talking to you,or even paying any attention to you?

and would you think a person was crazy for laughing at nothing on a bus or something?

this explains why i get alot of funny looks on the subway….

Posted at

would it also be crazy if you did this when no-one is talking to you,or even paying any attention to you?

and would you think a person was crazy for laughing at nothing on a bus or something?

I'd say no, but I'm biased because I do that all the time.

The stares, they pierce my very soul.

Posted at

I'd say no, but I'm biased because I do that all the time.

The stares, they pierce my very soul.

I KNOW!

and then people say "hi"to you like your a five year old or something.
stupid blubbering ignorant masses….

*daydreams some very unpleasant things*

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

To Seira: I think everyone does that, when they're alone. I know I do. I'll be home alone, fixing dinner, and all of a sudden I'll be telling my sausage it's going to die, using my overlord voice. Or I talk to my cat with a crazy Russian accent. I might have mentioned that before. So yeah, as SC said, if that's crazy, I too am a nutter. And I think that most of DD are nutters too then.

To Bobby: That also happens a lot to me. I can be working on something serious, not paying any attention to anything else, and all of a sudden a funny thought will spring to mind and I'll burst out in a muffled laughing fit. People might look at me funny, but I just go "What? I thought of something funny." and be done with it. Although I have done my share of looking funny at people. Then I remember I'm a nutter and I go on with what I'm doing.

Posted at

To Bobby: That also happens a lot to me. I can be working on something serious, not paying any attention to anything else, and all of a sudden a funny thought will spring to mind and I'll burst out in a muffled laughing fit. People might look at me funny, but I just go "What? I thought of something funny." and be done with it. Although I have done my share of looking funny at people. Then I remember I'm a nutter and I go on with what I'm doing.

have you ever had a person actually come up to you and ask you if you were okay becuase you did something like that?

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I talk to myself, sing to myself, dabble in a bit of improv with myself, make references to stuff that only I would get and smile to.

I also write blogs. In my mind. :O

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Talking yourself is not, in itself, a reason to say you're crazy

This I know we're all crazy enough to laugh at.

Ah yes, Phoenix Wrong…I've done a few of them myself on Newgrounds.com

Posted at

Yesterday at work I said our to myself… Should I be worried?

Xmoor
Xmoor
Posted at

I tend to go with how long of a conversation I'm holding and who's around to hear it…
It might be a helleva debate!

Webreever
Webreever
Posted at

Even before my parents put me on Anti-psychotics and Anti-depressants, I talked to myself all the time. I'm still on the psychotics but I still talk. For some reason it helps me remember things and strengthens my ideas and beliefs. Kind of like when you read something out loud, you remember it better.

In my experience there are some differences:

Crazy and Insane are not the same, in my Definition an Insane person, is someone who is too introverted, almost to the point where he/she could hurt others possibly because he/she believes that they don't exist.

Crazy? I can live with that. I know plenty of good, hard working people who would be dubbed crazy because of ideas or what not.

Posted at

ok so its been established that we all talk to ourselves…

but does that really mean we are all sane? well taking into concideration we are a community forged in the name of webcomic-ing for a site titled drunk duck

sounds pretty normal to me

Xmoor
Xmoor
Posted at

HEYYYY!
Drunk ducks are people too… Right.., Well that's what I tell myse—
Nevermind.
X moor

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

There's nothing insane about talking to yourself.
Sometimes it's the only way to ensure that your thoughts maintain some assemblance of continuity. Ideas sound differently when put to words, they have more weight. So, I guess I would even suposit that talking to yourself can help you maintain sanity.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. "Talking to yourself isn't crazy; it's the ones who talk to people who aren't there that are a full deck short of a poker game."

Posted at

It seems more like a personality trait to me than a matter of whether or not you're crazy. Either you do or you don't, a lot of my friends do it. I talk to myself all the time when I'm by myself. It's nice to have a conversation with someone who always agrees with you sometimes.

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

Only if you talk back.

UltimaXG2
UltimaXG2
Posted at

I must be the only one here that's NOT crazy! Even Patton, the evil gnome that lives in my eyebrow says so!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.