Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

In the even of a zombie apocalypse, what would YOU do?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Now zombies being strong don't make sense.
Their muscles must have decomposed, so shouldn't they be weaker than (Or atleast, the same strength as) a human? :o

If this was the case, locking the doors and barricading the windows with a pile of feathers should keep me safe.

Assuming the internet doesn't die, I'll live my life as normal.
If they stopped the internet from working somehow, I would kill them all with my bare hands. D8<

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Now zombies being strong don't make sense.
Their muscles must have decomposed, so shouldn't they be weaker than (Or atleast, the same strength as) a human? :o

If this was the case, locking the doors and barricading the windows with a pile of feathers should keep me safe.

Assuming the internet doesn't die, I'll live my life as normal.
If they stopped the internet from working somehow, I would kill them all with my bare hands. D8<

They say that humans only use a fraction of their strength, because using full strength would highly damage them, but recoverable. now, however, zombies don't have that subconsious limit. so they'd be able to out perform any human. however, they can't do it all the time, cause they can't regenrate…

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Pretty simple, I'd follow the three rules of zombie survival - Shelter, Protection and well…FOOD! - I have the perfect spot in mind within my own community - The cinema, you see the only way in is through the front doors (which can easily be blocked up) - but there are several exits.
Just down the road is a Factory where you can buy food in bulk, the only problem is protection…The nearest shop with guns is Coventry, but there is a army surplus store that sells crossbows and baseball bats, within the near vicinity.

Been planning this for ages ^^ - We'll hold up there for as long as possible and if the place becomes over-run we'll move out and head towards a Days Inn.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Trust me.

Agreed

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Been planning this for ages
This is what worries me.

Zombies are made up. You people are insane. @_____@

AAnd baseball bats? HA A poofy weapon.
Get a cricket bat! It's like a wooden broadsword.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

They say that humans only use a fraction of their strength, because using full strength would highly damage them, but recoverable. now, however, zombies don't have that subconsious limit. so they'd be able to out perform any human. however, they can't do it all the time, cause they can't regenrate…
Oh that makes sense, cuz humans do have super strength, but they can only use it in desperate times.

okay I guess I'd just die~

Posted at

What would I do? I'll hope it's not a Left 4 Dead apocalypse.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Been planning this for ages
This is what worries me.

Damn, I didn't think of that ^^ - I could also embed the wicket into a zombie head!

Posted at

Who said anything about us being sane?

Posted at

Do you have any idea how tough it'd be to find a cricket bat here? Baseball's our national pastime, never mind that the Japanese are better at it than us. Anyway, baseball bats are relatively easy to pick up and used by street thugs across the country.
Not to say that Shaun didn't look badass while wielding a cricket bat.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Who said anything about us being sane?

Oh wow, Weregeeks. Love that comic, besides I'm not insane…BE prepared, it will happen!!

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Barricading and holing up is a bad idea, invariably you'll run out of supplies.
No instead I'd get myself to the river and load up on a barge and make for the American waterway system. Little known fact you can get almost anywhere by small barge and a significant portion of trans continental trade flows with the water. A whole class of hobos and tramps live by hoping barges, pilfering supplies. That would only become easier once the other barges are mostly abandoned, or full of other survivors who might be looking to trade and you have your own vessel to operate from. Why? Because zombies suck at swimming and if you're cautious the worst they could do is scratch at your boat.

Posted at

imshard, I never even thought about barging around in the zombie apocalypse. It sounds like a genious plan! zombies can't swim every knows that… it's a perfect defence against the undead!

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Even though zombies are instinctively driven to consume your brains… I don't think it actually does them any good (in terms of "nutrition" ). I think no matter how much zombies eat, they will "starve" just as fast as hungry zombies.

At least the Romero zombies. Virus-infected "living" zombies (the ones that run) are a different story.

So anyways, you only have to survive the ZA for a while, until all the zombies have burned through all their internal supply of calories (most likely donated by the bacterial mass eating through the zombies' disposable innards). It may take a little longer than expected, because new victims become new zombies. Also zombies may "hibernate" while waiting for fresh meat to pass by. But eventually decomposition and scavenging animals/insects take care of everything.

Congo Africans probably have nothing to fear. The wild hyenas/jackals/vultures will take care of everything. Unless animals are infected too, in which case they're screwed.

Romero zombies are basically just a Deux Ex device to clear out urban centers so that Mother Earth can heal itself. Human zombies are practically zero threat for primitive societies living in the wild. Amazonian, Alaskan, Tibetan, and Australian natives are guaranteed to survive, once they figure out what's going on with their newly dead.

Anyone remember the old indie comics Zombie Wars?

Posted at

-Go to Costco.
-Kill old people, jerks and whores.
-Eat Costco pizza before it goes bad.
-Sleep on Costco beds and stuff.
-Do a bunch of random crap.

In the even that food runs out or zombies break in.

-hide in store room and down a bunch of pain killers with the last bottle of IBC root beer I was saving for this very occasion.

Posted at

-hide in store room and down a bunch of pain killers with the last bottle of IBC root beer I was saving for this very occasion.
root beer tastes like medicine. I'd rather die than live off the stuff.

But costco would be a great place to stay in. All the giant shelves that you can climb up and make a little house in like in Employee of The Month. Almost endless supplies of food that would sustain you throughout the entire zompocalypse. It would be a good place to be… to bad there aren't any in australia…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

But costco would be a great place to stay in. All the giant shelves that you can climb up and make a little house in like in Employee of The Month. Almost endless supplies of food that would sustain you throughout the entire zompocalypse. It would be a good place to be… to bad there aren't any in australia…

are we assumming the power continues to run?

Posted at

are we assumming the power continues to run?

Well probably not I'm guessing. So the frozen foods section would not be a good place to eat at.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I would walk/run faster than the zombies.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm glad he's talking about the slow shuffling zombies and not the ones from the old movie LifeForce. Those zombies don't eat brains. Instead they draw out your life force… literally! And they only need to be a few feet away to do it. In the movie most of London was lifeforce zombified thanks to some space vampires that some astronauts had awoken…

I don't understand the so called "Romero" Zombies. There's no curse? No disease? Nothing that causes the zombification? So if you simply die for any reason you become one???

Posted at

I don't understand the so called "Romero" Zombies. There's no curse? No disease? Nothing that causes the zombification? So if you simply die for any reason you become one???

radiation.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

radiation.

Wow… the U.S. Army must've really fumbled that bomb…

Anyways, I'm still more afraid of a catastrophe caused by the Twilight vampires than I am of an apocalypse caused by Romero zombies… :)

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Why? Would you rather become a mindless zombie, or a pale emo sparkly vampire forever in high school and mobbed by screaming teenage fangirls?

Hmm…… I have to weigh that for a minute…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

after hurricane Katrina, i had to clean out a grocery store that had lost it's power. my god it was horrendous. it was only 2 days afterwards, and all the spoiled milk and etc was horrible. i'll live close to a grocery store, but that wont be my hideout.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.