Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
lothar
lothar
Posted at

i think i'm getting insomnia . even if i were to go to bed rite now i would prolly just play with my phone , get up , eat some cereal , check on the cat . i dont wanna sleep . i used to just hit my pillow and crash . now i have insomnia. anybody else here have problems sleeping ?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Depends on whatever you're doing before bed. If you're running marathons while smoking pot and drinking beer I'd recommend you stopped!

Masturbation is the best technique to better sleep.
This is also a good idea.

Posted at

A couple weeks ago you posted about getting too much sleep. Make a complex chart detailing the differences between what you did then and what you do now, do the middle amount of everything, and you'll be set.

Posted at

Regular excercise and improved eating habits eliminate most people's sleep problems.

My sister worked in a sleep clinic for a year, and guess what? Most of the patients' problems were related to poor diets and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle. And yeah, the place was always busy; people had to book 4 months in advance to get an appointment and since the above reasons were the cause of their sleeping problems, that meant that people with legitimate sleeping problems had to wait a long time to get help.

Give it a try; it if doesn't seem to do anything for a few weeks, then look at getting some help. At any rate, the endorphins your body releases during excercise feel really damn good.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

not complete insomnia, but i've only been getting 3 hours of sleep or so lately. it's killing me.

Posted at

I've had problems getting sleep for years and years, and everybody kept telling me "Get exercise, eat better, drink more water, etc.!" So I did. A lot. Nothing worked. I'd run a few miles, lift weights, drink herbal tea, take valerian root, sleeping pills, etc. The sleeping pills worked, except they kept giving me panic attacks and heart palpitations (which was pretty frustrating, since all I wanted to do was fall asleep).

One of my friends told me to try melatonin supplements, and it's one of the few things that have worked (short of drinking myself into a stupor).

Stellar
Stellar
Posted at

Insomnia plagues me. Everything that's suppose to help you sleep eventually stops working for me and I end up laying in bed staring at the ceiling no matter what. I recently tried sleep aids, bleh, they make me.. weird.

I haven't tried lately, but I use to fall asleep fast with some of my favorite music playing. Might work for others >.>

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

It always takes me a very long time to fall asleep. Not insomnia, just the way I've always been.
Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night, though. This wouldn't bother me too much except that I need to be up early in the morning on weekdays so I can't just let my body have the sleeping patterns it wants. :(

lothar
lothar
Posted at

A couple weeks ago you posted about getting too much sleep. Make a complex chart detailing the differences between what you did then and what you do now, do the middle amount of everything, and you'll be set.
haha. yea. seems like a long time ago now. maybe ill try that chart thinh. i like making charts anyway

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Insomnia and not wanting to sleep are two very different things.

same
same
Posted at

haha. yea. seems like a long time ago now. maybe ill try that chart thinh. i like making charts anyway

CHARTMAKER.EXE

Posted at

I only have trouble sleeping if I'm too anxious or having panic episodes. Otherwise I go to bed at like 9:00, haha. Sleeping is the favorite part of living.

LOOKIS
LOOKIS
Posted at

Worry and anxiety can keep you awake.

You have to convince yourself that dreamland is a separate place that has nothing to do with your everyday life.

Getting into bed to sleep is a voluntary act of leaving the real world. Never think about ordinary stuff when you lie down. Thinking about your problems will NOT relax you!

Most good sleepers have trained their minds to shut down within seconds of their head hitting the pillow. It's as quick as going under anesthesia (if you've ever had that experience).

Pills are unnecessary. Falling asleep is really as easy as walking and talking once you train yourself how to do it quickly.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

You have to convince yourself that dreamland is a separate place that has nothing to do with your everyday life.

If that were true I wouldn't need an alarm clock…

Posted at

I actually have a continual story, it's a very lame and boring one, that I have to think about to fall asleep. I've changed this story many times, but oddly if I think about a story I actually want to write I will lay awake for hours thinking about it.
I don't know if it will help you at all, but it helps keep the mind off of your life and problems and what not, so it might be usefull.

Posted at

When I can't sleep (which is getting to be an every night thing now) I just turn on the T.V. and start watching something boring like "Criminal Intent" or "Home Movies" 10 minutes into that crap and I'm already drowsy.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I get lots of insomnia myself. However, it's just how it is when you work as a security guar… er… officer. Now working graveyard is no problem for me. But I have a hard time falling asleep thanks to that. T_T

Posted at

It always takes me a very long time to fall asleep. Not insomnia, just the way I've always been.

Yeah I usually take like 20 minutes to fall asleep. It's good thinking time though.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

"Home Movies"
the cartoon ? thats a good show

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I get lots of insomnia myself. However, it's just how it is when you work as a security guar… er… officer. Now working graveyard is no problem for me. But I have a hard time falling asleep thanks to that. T_T

you do? Man I'd be falling asleep, all the time in a graveyard.. that is to say if I worked in one :D

LOOKIS
LOOKIS
Posted at

Glass of warm milk and a boring book.

Reading a boring book can make me fall asleep even if I just woke up from a good night's sleep.

Posted at

It's only insomnia if you're not getting enough hours each night consistently. When do you get up? If you've stopped going to bed early but are now sleeping in later then normally, then you're probably just moved your sleep cycle few hours.

If you have trouble going to sleep after 24 hours, you could always try adopting the 28 hour cycle.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.