Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

The accents…lol. Which accents haven't you guys tried? Maybe you should do New Yorker accents next. xD

darthfurby
darthfurby
Posted at

I'm a New Yorker and even I can't do a New Yorker accent; we have so many, and they're all ridiculous.

But I can do hillbilly in text form: "How does it feel knowing yer father n' muther is bruther n' sister?" Skoolmunkee's hillbilly was almost TOO convincing…I bet she was involved in some secret hillbilly ritual as a child.

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

I should stop sending you two scripts with awesome accents I put a lot of thought into… you guys have way too much fun with them!!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

A very abrupt ending on the new one. interesting although not so entertaining as usual.
I started using analytics recently. It's quite handy although I'm shocked at where some of my traffic comes from.

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

A very abrupt ending on the new one. interesting although not so entertaining as usual.
I started using analytics recently. It's quite handy although I'm shocked at where some of my traffic comes from.
That's because I didn't send a script! =D

Anyway.. all these quackcasts are more entertaining if I'm playing the Tiny Wings theme song at the same time =D It's funner-er

srhdt
srhdt
Posted at

A very abrupt ending on the new one.

Yeah, it was never planned to be a two-parter, so it was tough trying to figure out an appropriate place to cut off. I tried to pick a spot around the middle just before the transition from one topic to another.

Posted at

Haha, srhdt changed my title. It used to be "Here come the metrics systems" and it looks like he tried to change it to be the original (simpsons) "Here comes the metric system" but he left an S in there and now it's a semi-grammatical hybrid, "Here comes the metrics system" :]

And yeah it wasn't meant to be a 2 parter, it just started running long and we didn't want to end it unfinished. So I'm sure it was hard to find a spot that seemed more natural than others.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I liked the title of the previous Quackcast- inspired by that Jarvis Cocker Pulp Song, one of my faves :)

—–
Shadowsmyst was brilliant! So informative. It would've been a disservice to cut her off and not have a two-parter! Lots of great info in there.
Plus, as a side effect it gives us a break for this week… Oh how we needed that, I can't tell you. Phew!

Posted at

I think the last 4 or so quackcasts have been pretty low prep really. Although in general terms it is nice to get a 'break' week now and then, probably a mental thing.

We'll have to start figuring out what to do when Oz is on vacation, soon. :]

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Call in a mod as a temporary replacement.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I liked the title of the previous Quackcast- inspired by that Jarvis Cocker Pulp Song, one of my faves :)
Same here!

Regarding the current quackcast:

I appreciated the Bumshell part :P

Also, skoolmunkee was right on target with her "criticism" regarding Heroes Alliance. Information constantly gets lost between pages while artists are swapped. We've introduced a rather extensive reference thread - gathering reference for everything - but you don't want to make it a pain in the butt for the individual artists to have to research everything either. So, I guess that's something we'll have to live with for now…
And yeah, I think chapter 3 was a bit more complex than the first two (thus, longer), but keeping everything simple so the myriad of characters still have room to shine is an imperative.
Oh, and personally, I'm rather flattered that you chose this particular thumbnail, since it's my artwork :P And out of those I drew myself, it's also one of my own favorite panels from the comic so far ^_^
Anyway, thanks again for featuring.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Really good info in this one.

You should ask Harkovast to fill in for ozone.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

hah, 300 jokes abound today.

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

i just want to want to know what'll be in the next quackcast so i can send a script *o*

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

i just want to want to know what'll be in the next quackcast so i can send a script *o*
The history of DD. -then and now. Because of the looming change. So if you're REALLY quick, get something in today about how you've observed DD to have changed over time since you've been here. :)

Posted at

Yeah, sorry it's been a couple weeks since we had submissions. We haven't figured out yet what we're going to do after this one, because Oz will be away on holiday. I suspect I'll pick some general topics and have guests or something. :] Hopefully most of that will get planned this weekend?

Anyway what did you guys think of ShadowsMyst's new shows? There was a ton of info but I think it really highlighted how very useful and important knowing those numbers can be. You heard that I put google analytics on my page because of it. (Although with the new site, I don't know if that will carry over…)

Any suggestions for new show topics, activities, etc?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Thanks for the shout out for Lite Bites, perhaps i should start updating it again sooner than planned…  bit dubious with the state of the site right now.

Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
Thanks for the shout out for Lite Bites, perhaps i should start updating it again sooner than planned…  bit dubious with the state of the site right now.
It's only been a week, don't give up yet. :]

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I've alread taken some comics off the site, waiting to see how certain things pan out for the long term though.  Regardless I'll keep lite bites here though. Not posting much as the forums are painful on the eyes.
that's enough about that though as there are planty of topics about that already.  

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

The title of the latest quackcast made me think you were gonna talk about Double rainbow! =O
 was a tad disapointed when it wasn't about rainbows =/   What's the next one =D
 I think you forgot to mention the fact that things like gold when powdered down to the molecular structure reflect light differently and instead, Gold is Green, and copper is Red and junk

Posted at

Taste the quackcast!

The next one was planned to be about the san diego comic con since Oz is there right now, but a couple of wrenches have been thrown into the works and we're not sure if it's going to happen. So there might not be a quackcast this week. :I

I've got a guest lined up for the next one though to talk about animation and webcomics, and after that will be a shorter than usual quackcast with a mix of subjects since it's just me :] So if you can think of a good 'quickie' topic??

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.