Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Kitty Cats vs Puppy Dogs?! Who's side are you on?!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Once again, not mine, buut looked real cute…hamsters will rule the world!

Posted at

To paraphrase the wise ones…

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs look us straight in the eye.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

And speaking of spikes… These dear pig things look evil:

Isn't that the one pig whose body literally commits suicide? By having those spikes in the middle of its head literally grow into its braincase?!?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Isn't that the one pig whose body literally commits suicide? By having those spikes in the middle of its head literally grow into its braincase?!?
That's true, though in more subtle ways, of many species. It's the price of courtship. In peacocks, for example, bigger tail feathers attract the female – but they inhibit flight, so the really "attractive" ones become easy prey. Other species choose mates by bright colors – which are bullseyes for predators. It is my understanding that long tusks like these also attract mates.

The courtship game does seem to be illogical in terms of survival. Interestingly, the bright colors and ample plumage/features often correlate to stronger immune systems and healthier nutrition, so it isn't *completely* senseless.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Eh, I'm more of a kangaroo guy myself. I'd buy one but they live in Australia and I'm live in good ol' US.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.