Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
marine
marine
Posted at

Its had way worse designs in the past. I approve of this one. Gives front page exposure to new updates in a big way. Doesn't look like werewolf has been featured though. That makes me sad. Everyone should love werewolf!

One thing I don't like, and this is just me, seeing the top people are, as usual, people with money backing them or administrators brothers. That sort of thing always grinds my gears. Plus I may be wrong, but the top ten was more or less the same as it was in December. It'd be nice to see someone with a more amateurish comic filled with juvenile internet unfunny humor, but I would never be able to find such a comic.

What else is wrong with drunk duck? Seriously, downtime is nothing new. At least its still around so that we can post to complain about it. Remember when we had to do that over at buzzcomix? OR when it was partnered with buzzcomix? Those were the dark ages. Not this. Have faith and a little patients.

And

Why have you personally not read werewolf? Its 22 pages of simple humor. Only a few pages have word assaults, mostly its little narration bubbles or the phrase "ker growl." You could go read Hero By Night or Pinky Ta, but Werewolf is simple, easy to get into, and has informative articles containing information relating to the page in a humerus way. Other comics authors whine about stuff in their news posts or talk about their bad days at Chinese restaurants. Over on werewolf, its nothing but a few paragraphs from an encyclopedia or very basic information.

You should read up, because by my calculations, it goes up for review on the comic review sub forum. That is if anyone cares that much. I even put up a new page today to respond to common criticism in the hopes that no one goes basic and says "no backgrounds" or "art looks simple" or "That speling has wierd sommetimes."

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Yeah, this is the website that got me into webcomics.

*We now enter third person perspective*
"Wait, drunkduck is the reason we've been infested with the Aussie kid's comics?" asked some random person.
Soon, there came cries of "Kill the Duck! Kill the Duck!" and Aussie looked around nervously as torches came out.
"Oh hell" he said to himself
*Return to first person perspective*

Okay, I need to go get some guns and kill whoever badmouthes DD. Anyone wanna come with? I got room in my tank.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

… the usual moronic shit…

Asshole as always I see. ;)

Well, there are more of you now to play with each other. So you're pretty marginalized at this point. Yet another reason to love Drunk Duck!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

More characters.

Ok, Spang is definitely Carla.
Ronson can be the Coach.
BK can be Rebecca.
And Skool can be Diane.

…Or BK and I can switch places? I dunno lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

who am i?
Lilith! ^_^

There others picked all the rest… :(
——————–

No, actually Custard can be Paul and you can be Fraser.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

More characters.

Ok, Spang is definitely Carla.

Haha, I was just thinking that myself.

I love the duck
I always have
The even let me keep a piece of my liver.
Clerical error, actually. You'll need to hand over the rest of your liver by Friday.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The character is a perfect fit :)

Red's liver… How appropriate ^___^

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Can I be the jerky professor who leaves Diane at the bar in the first episode of the first season?

Posted at

Was there a character who was constantly planning on taking over cheers for his or her own benefit? 'Cause if so that is me.

Hmmm what do I like about the duck?

-The comments! I wouldn't have gotten very far without all the constant comments and feedback from readers.

-I like how easy it is to network, team up and get together with other creators here. We're not all strangers even if we're not all on a first name basis.

-I like the easy to complex approach with the layout on your comics. It is REALLY easy to set up a comic and have it passable but also possible to customize freely as well.

-Wizard World! That was amazing!

-The Duck Alert System!

-The Comics. I know the community is the popular choice here but I say the comics. DD has been home to some of my favorite and even though we've lost a few here and there or become simply mirror sites to other DD has introduced me to some great comics. I really can't say an other hosting site (Yes DD is a hosting site not a web comic portal RAR!) has gotten me interested in so many titles. I also like that a lot of people who even just mirror here can and frequently do still get involved with the fans & community here even though most people read them on their private site.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Was there a character who was constantly planning on taking over cheers for his or her own benefit? 'Cause if so that is me.

That'd be Gary, from Gary's Olde Towne Tavern. ;)

Although there was one other guy that was always scheming to get something from others. His name was Nick Tortelli! Ha! Nick!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I agree with Nick.
Wizard World was Amazing. Without it, I'dve never met a lot of people. So I thank the Duck for that. The community was great too, lot of positive encouragement for most people starting up.

oh and
Haha! Marine's back. Hooorah!

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I agree with Nick.
Wizard World was Amazing. Without it, I'dve never met a lot of people. So I thank the Duck for that. The community was great too, lot of positive encouragement for most people starting up.

oh and

Damn, everyone says WW is awesome, but I can't get there. Maybe I should start up a 'Get Aussie to Wizard World' donation drive

marine
marine
Posted at

oh and

The simpsons references, they do nothing!

krazy_taco
krazy_taco
Posted at

I'm not in the forums enough to be in the loop in a lot of these replies but i have to say this site has helped my comics a lot! The people give uplifting and practical advice and the comments are never mean (like on some sights >___>) This site is great for aspiring comic writers and I love it!
;D
<3

lothar
lothar
Posted at

oh and

The simpsons references, they do nothing!

Marine is Back ! in pog form ?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.