Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Do you like Macaroni and cheese?
I hate it. >.<

Every girl I've ever known has liked it. Only some of the guys I've known have. That's a strange gender divide…

So, what do you think of this horrible gooey, cheesy gunk? :)

Posted at

Macaroni and cheese is for emergency situations only. I can eat it, but it's definitely not on the top of my list of favourite foods.

I always end up with that horribly smelly kind of cheese, too. :( And as far as your gender divide theory goes - I'm a girl.

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

I eat pasta almost everyday, so yes, I like macaroni and cheese.
Anyway, it depends on the quality of macaroni, AND the kind of cheese… I'm scared to ask you which cheese you're using o_O

Kalos
Kalos
Posted at

Are you specifically asking about Kraft Mac and Cheese? I'll eat it (really, I'll eat most things), but I prefer homemade macaroni and cheese with, like, stewed tomatoes on top.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

ALL macaroni is ick, whether you make it yourself or get it from a box. ^_^

…I actually looked it up today and now I finally know what people mean when they say "Kraft Dinner" or "Mac 'n Cheese", I never understood those two terms before. o_O

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Good mac & cheese is great, like the kind my mom used to make.

But it's always a side dish, never the main attraction.

Posted at

I adore macaroni and cheese. It's one of my comfort foods (so I try not to eat it too often- cheese and pasta in moderation please!) Homemade kind, boxed kind, sometimes grocery-store deli kind… not most microwave-dinner kinds though, and the canned ones are icky. I found Double Gloucester cheese here to be a wonderful mac n cheese ingredient :)

I grew up eating it though. :) Along with other meat-and-potatoes type of things…

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

ALL macaroni is ick, whether you make it yourself or get it from a box. ^_^

your problem is you're eating THIS:

while you should be eating THIS:

Posted at

i like the mac n cheese that has the noodles shaped like little conch shells. yum. now i want some. cici's has mac n cheese pizza. i wonder what that's like.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I used to love the mac/cheese combo my old school used to make.

I've yet to re-experience that taste.

Baconators
Baconators
Posted at

I love mac & cheese. But it's what I resort to only when I've got no other choices.

And oddly enough, it's what I had for lunch an hour ago =P

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I can go for Kraft Mac and Cheese, but not so much on any other kind of Mac and Cheese.

Posted at

I like the "Kraft Dinner" type but most home-made varieties I don't like. My mom makes this casarole-style cheese-topped noodle thing that I hate. It's served in slices! I can't eat pasta in slices! The best Mac n' Cheese I've had was this vegan dish that my friend Shawn made, the sauce cooled a bit fast and of course it wasn't real cheese but it was pretty convincing as fake cheese goes. And it was spicy which made it better.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I grew up eating it though. :) Along with other meat-and-potatoes type of things…
Me too. :(
Although a lot of the other "meat and potato" stuff was nicer… Except boiled cauliflower and carrot… In fact most vegetables when they're boiled! >.<
Ew! Bacon in there! I'll eat bacon if it's cooked crispy on its own but in Macaroni it reaches a new level of ick- we move up to Defcon Urk!

Posted at

omg Marguati, that second one looks so yummy!

I like it okay, not my fav foods. One of my male friends and all my brothers (I have 7) could live off it. I like pasta but Mac'n'cheese tends to be too heavy.

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

Ew! Bacon in there! I'll eat bacon if it's cooked crispy on its own but in Macaroni it reaches a new level of ick- we move up to Defcon Urk!

it's not bacon, it's speck! with bacon you can cook "carbonara" (spaghetti, bacon, eggs and pepper)… and it has to be smoked, not crispy

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm not fond of mac and cheese. It's got way too much salt sometimes, and most of it is made of cheddar cheese (which I'm not very fond of). Chicken Alfredo, on the other hand…

*rushes off to the nearest Pizza Hut to order some!*

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Depends on my mood – and the shape of the noodles, and the type of cheese. Macaroni is any shape non-egg-based pasta… So, technically, fettuccine alfredo is "mac and cheese" – and delicious.

The right-from-a-box Kraft stuff is just sustain-my-life cheap food – a step down from Top Ramen – except I have to actually have milk on hand. Those straight tubes and never-quite right psychedelic orange powdered cheese don't cut it. Mac and cheese is best with elbow macaroni and some *good quality* creamy cheese (I like good cheddar, or white cheddar). It's also best with some added spices, veggies, etc. In college, I got pretty good at dressing up the cheap, crap food to create appetizing meals.

Every girl I've ever known has liked it. Only some of the guys I've known have. That's a strange gender divide…
Hmm… I'm not sure about the people you know, but most men I know lack a certain amount of culinary prowess. When they make anything, it's straight out of the box, into the microwave, no stirring, no dressing up – as quick as possible from cupboard to stomach. More of the women tend to modify recipes, add things, and take more time in the cooking process.

Or maybe it's a dairy thing. A lot of guys I know don't like most dairy products (ice-cream, yogurt, cheesecake, cereal…) as much as the women. I don't know why. (Inherent drive to fulfill calcium needs?)

Posted at

Ew, don't put things in the macaroni and cheese! Then it becomes… I dunno, something else. Cheesy bacon melt or something.

Cheddar isn't the best cheese for mac and cheese, it's too strong and doesn't melt well. People just use it because it's common. You wouldn't make macaroni and cheese out of LOTS of cheeses. Many italian cheeses work a lot better :)

The only two english cheeses I've found that I like in mac and cheese are double gloucester (mild and creamy) and red leicester (stronger but not as singular as cheddar). And you don't just put the cheese on the noodles. T_T You make the sauce separately with some butter and flour and milk, and salt and pepper (and a tad of mustard if you like that) and the you mix them and put it in the oven and bake it T_T

Posted at

Evidently none of you know what real macaroni and cheese is. Real macaroni and cheese doesn't come from a box, like Kraft, and isn't littered with different things inside.

It is simplicity. It is delicious.

And the best macaroni and cheese is easily my mother's non-secret recipe that involves crunching up a bunch of Saltine crackers to dust the top of it, almost like a casserole but without the consistency of a casserole. And served nice and hot, filled with various types of melted cheese, well let me tell you, there is no greater joy on this planet.

Except cheesecake, and that's a topic for another discussion.

Oh, and I'm male by the way, and actually I don't know anyone who doesn't like my mother's macaroni and cheese. Heck, even guests love it at meals.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Nah. In all honesty, I don't think I could ever like the stuff. But then again, I guess that's because I've only ever had the packet stuff. Will try it if someone made it fresh though

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Speck? Prosciutto! urk! I hate the stuff… -_-

Out of all the posts here only Skool's makes me intrigued enough to possibly try.
Mustard… Mmmmmmm ^_^

Kalos
Kalos
Posted at

Evidently none of you know what real macaroni and cheese is. Real macaroni and cheese doesn't come from a box, like Kraft, and isn't littered with different things inside.

It is simplicity. It is delicious.

And the best macaroni and cheese is easily my mother's non-secret recipe that involves crunching up a bunch of Saltine crackers to dust the top of it, almost like a casserole but without the consistency of a casserole. And served nice and hot, filled with various types of melted cheese, well let me tell you, there is no greater joy on this planet.

That sounds like what my family makes as well–it's like a casserole, just as you said. We don't use saltines, though. We use breadcrumbs and scoop large portions of it onto everyone's plates and pour stewed tomatoes over the top. Delicious.

Posted at

I love macaroni and cheese, add abit of tuna and its 10/10 ^-^

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.