Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Out of all the posts here only Skool's makes me intrigued enough to possibly try.
Mustard… Mmmmmmm ^_^

Awesome, I win the thread!

Though I absolutely hate beef and noodles while everyone else I know loves it. So yeah, it happens. =P

You mean beef stroganoff, or just someone tossing some meat on some noodles? :S

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

This is how I make mac & cheese. …The secret is using sour cream for the binder as opposed to milk, which is what most people use.

Meg's Mac & Cheese

1 bag elbow macaroni
Medium sharp cheddar cheese (Tillamook brand cheese works best)
2 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
salt & pepper, to taste

Boil the macaroni so it is a little overcooked & set aside. Mix the eggs, sour cream, & salt/pepper together in a bowl and combine the mixture with the macaroni. Set bowl aside. Slice cheese in very thin strips. Layer macaroni mixture and strips of cheese in alternate layers in casserole dish. Cook in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until top is slightly golden brown.

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

Speck? Prosciutto! urk! I hate the stuff… -_-

the day someone will invent a way to attach physical objects to email, I'll make you change your mind!

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

You mean beef stroganoff, or just someone tossing some meat on some noodles? :S
Yeah stroganoff….I don't know I'm used to just calling it beef and noodles. XP

Bleck.

jagular
jagular
Posted at

I grew up eating it though. :) Along with other meat-and-potatoes type of things…
Me too. :(
Although a lot of the other "meat and potato" stuff was nicer… Except boiled cauliflower and carrot… In fact most vegetables when they're boiled! >.<
Ew! Bacon in there! I'll eat bacon if it's cooked crispy on its own but in Macaroni it reaches a new level of ick- we move up to Defcon Urk!
i like bacon in fettuccine. i like home made macaroni and cheese

Posted at

That sounds like what my family makes as well–it's like a casserole, just as you said. We don't use saltines, though. We use breadcrumbs and scoop large portions of it onto everyone's plates and pour stewed tomatoes over the top. Delicious.

Another difference, my family doesn't serve tomatoes or anything else on top of it. It's just a really, really good casserole to us.

With a lot of cheese. That's important. I think I'll eat anything so long as it's smothered in cheese.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Saltines? Another thing I had to look up! Salty biscuits… Crazy foreigners lol! :)

Wow, a lot more people here love Macaroni than don't. It's amazing. o_O

lba
lba
Posted at

I don't love it or hate it. I grew up eating a lot of things Americans would consider a little more exotic like gravy fries ( Canadian thing. ) and whatnot. I've tried things like fish eye soup and actually liked it, so I might not be the most average indicator of liking foods.

And they're not biscuits Ozone. Biscuits here are different. Saltines are crackers.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Biscuits are what we call 'em here man. Savoury or sweet. I dunno what you crazyforeigners call biscuits though… some kind of toasted frog mebee? I have no idea. :)

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Biscuits are what we call 'em here man. Savoury or sweet. I dunno what you crazyforeigners call biscuits though… some kind of toasted frog mebee? I have no idea. :)

These are what "crackers" (or Saltines) are to us Americans; we usually eat them with soups or salads:

…And these are "biscuits" to us. They are like dinner rolls; we spread butter and/or jam on them, and eat them hot with dinner. They're also good for breakfast with sausage gravy on top.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Scones?

My god! topsy-turvy world! o_O

Posted at

I like macaroni and cheese. When it's done right.

When you make macaroni and cheese, you can't put in too much cheese. You can't cook the macaroni for too long, or it will be soft. Also, it depends on what kind you get. The craft kind is okay, but the noodles are too small. The one that comes in little shell-shaped macaroni is very good.

Also, it is personal preference. Some people hate it because of its high cholesterol. Other people just don't like the taste. The rest of the people don't like the idea of noodles mixed with cheese.

We all like different kinds of food… People think it's weird that I hate chocolate and peanut butter. But that's okay.

Posted at

MACANDCHEESEDELIC, BABY, YEAH! Macaroni and cheese is by far one of my most favorite foods in the world! Oh, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! I tell ya, all this talk about macaroni and cheese makes me hungry for a macaroni and cheese sandwich (Sorry if I'm making you queasy, ozoneocean, but it is)! No matter how my homemade or processed macaroni and cheese is prepared–provided that it's prepared well–I'll eat it anyway.

Though I'm a very picky eater, I'll sometimes eat just about anything (and everything).

Posted at

A man after my own heart :)

Although putting it on a sandwich is maybe a LITTLE far…

Scones?

My god! topsy-turvy world! o_O

Nah, american biscuits aren't quite scones. Unless you like to eat scones with beef roasts and gravy :) Biscuits are very bland and dry, mostly flour and water. I think they were invented originally to slop up the extra fat/gravy on a plate or something… that's about all they're good for (I don't like them much.) Although, the type of scone you'd use to top a casserole might be close. I don't think there's quite a British equivalent to american biscuits, just like there isn't an American equivalent to yorkshire puddings.

Scones for tea on the other hand are delicious, the kind with fruits and such in :) Especially warm, I don't even need butter :)

They don't have iced tea in England, that would be anathema to all they believe.

A lot of times, people in England call dessert 'pudding' even though whatever they're eating wouldn't be pudding… or what americans would consider pudding anyway. British pudding I'm told is based on suet, which sounds like something icky that pigs eat :)

OK back to cheese related things!

Cheddar in England is usually white, if it's yellow it's called dyed cheddar :lol:

"American Cheese" is just called "cheese" here, haha. Sometimes 'slice cheese' if they're feeling generous.

Dutch masadam is the best sandwich cheese ever

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Boxed Mac & Cheese is good, homemade Mac & Cheese can be orgasmic.

I'm a big fan.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

your problem is you're eating THIS:
OH MY GOD! YES! DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT! the cheesier the better >:D
(this is a problem???? I'll take it from you!)

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

I don't mind the boxed stuff if I don't have a lot of options, but I hate the other macaroni when there's random stuff thrown in there, and I hate, hate, hate it when there's egg in it! Eeeeew.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.