Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Ladies and gentlemen. We have officially passed The 2009 Drunk Duck Photo thread in post numbers.

And to think, we did it in just 2 days.

The new goal is to pass The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread.

waff
waff
Posted at

You see. This is the GM secret. Townston is really contained in a snowglobe. The GM gets to hold the snowglobe.

And the library is under siege because you have been trying to steal my job…not that I mind, but evidently that counts as an hostile take over.
that and possibly the fact you can borrow video games from the townston library with only a library card. *holds his borrowed copy mgs4* you only have to pay if you damage the game, there is anything missing or your late returning it.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well, I think we can do it. I mean, it's only night one and we've already almost got 500 posts, and these games normally run about three or four nights. Things slowed down with the election, but now that the night has almost ended, I'm sure things'll get going again.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

You see. This is the GM secret. Townston is really contained in a snowglobe. The GM gets to hold the snowglobe.

And the library is under siege because you have been trying to steal my job…not that I mind, but evidently that counts as an hostile take over.
that and possibly the fact you can borrow video games from the townston library with only a library card. *holds his borrowed copy mgs4* you only have to pay if you damage the game, there is anything missing or your late returning it.

People playing video games and reading comic books?! FOR FREE?! Oh, oh yeah I'm gonna have to kill someone.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

Cooler calling conversation
Future gone communication
Stellar sound solution super
Bingo voice mail on computer
TV phone PC connected
Caller ID friend detected
Football smack talk so amusing
Teasing Ted when his teams losing
Oh man
Phone fantastic working harder
Home phone email genius smarter
Speeding forward future hopping
Always dreaming never stopping

C-O-M-C-A-S-T

Also

~someone gonna get exacuted~

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

People playing video games and reading comic books?! FOR FREE?! Oh, oh yeah I'm gonna have to kill someone.
It isn't that sort of library. It is an archival library.

odysseus55
odysseus55
Posted at

HEY WAFF

I understand that you are the cartographer. I wanna stake my claim. Put me down at the docks. Not ducks - docks. for boats.

Al though I do have a strong affinity for the volcano.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

If possible before I die somehow..and i know I will please let me live in the desert

waff
waff
Posted at

It isn't that sort of library. It is an archival library.
isn't that under the main part?
HEY WAFF

I understand that you are the cartographer. I wanna stake my claim. Put me down at the docks. Not ducks - docks. for boats.

Al though I do have a strong affinity for the volcano.
alright. but its only a rough map. someone else should do a proper one.

waff
waff
Posted at

rough version…6 If i'm correct.

lake whatthehell ('bout similar in size to the 2nd largest of the american great lakes so it's only the north shore) and the docks to go with it aswell as where ody and rengishi live.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'm a bit concerned that we might have a rogue vigilante again. Two people haven't sent their roles and one flat out refuses to help out. I have all roles marked. (And a lot of townies)

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

The list of roles on the first page has been readjusted to more accurately portray how many of what type there are.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

That fixes a bit of my townie trouble. That means that two were telling the truth about being townies…who they are…I have no idea…

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Oh, and one more thing. The night one narrative!

Humorman was sitting alone in his house, watching a late broadcast of a classic sci fi movie. It was a movie where the evil scientist had decided he wanted to create the most evil creature in existance, and to that end had gathered all of the deadliest creatures on the planet and spliced their DNA into a single creature. The door to the creature's pod opened and behind the cloud of fog stood the creature.

"My God!" the scientist and Humorman said in tandem, "The deadliest creature in the world… it's man!" As he stood to grab more popcorn, he noticed the quiet figure lurking in the doorway. With a startled gasp, Humorman leapt backwards as the killer came for him with a combat knife and barely pulled off a dodge just in time, catching only a slight nick on his side. Humorman reached for the only weapon he had handy; a curling iron, and flipped it to its hottest setting. He took a swing at his assailant with his iron, only to have it blocked as the assassin turned his knife downwards and sliced deep into Humorman's chest. The pain was debilitating, but the wound was not yet fatal. Humorman managed one gargled breath and reached to pull the knife free.

But the assassin wasn't finished. He snatched the now red hot curling iron from Humorman's slacking hand and drove it deep into his victim's eye. With an agonized scream, Humorman collapsed as the assassin retrieved his knife and delivered a killing blow. Careful to wipe the blood before returning it to its sheath, the killer stalked away into the night.

Humorman the townie is dead.

OzoneOcean wasn’t doing anything particularly special that night, just sitting at home watching the local sports channel as his favorite teams scores scrolled across the ticker on the bottom of the screen. It was quickly turning into a bitter scene, what with the Townston Legionnaires losing to the Villageville Crusaders in an overwhelmingly painful defeat. As if to rub salt in the proverbial wound, the other bets he had placed were all coming up short, and he stood to lose a lot of money. Normally he’d just work a few double shifts and he’d come out even, but feeling over confident, he had made this bet with a known mafia controlled gambling hall, and he knew the Godfather would come to collect. There was only one solution; he had to get out of town.

Without a second thought, he sprang from his chair and made way to his bedroom to throw what loose money and paperwork he had into a briefcase. Clothes he could buy somewhere else, and he stood to gain nothing by waiting around any further. When he turned, there stood a stoic figure that until this point had not said a word.

“Oh, so it’s come to this,” Ozone began, as the figure pulled a Thompson from his side. Ozone sprang into action, grabbing for the gun and the two of them wrestled in doorway until the attacker landed a solid hook to Ozone’s jaw, staggering him. A moment later, 45-caliber death splattered the room as an entire magazine was emptied into Ozone’s body. The attacker went to eject the clip, but it was stuck in place.

“Really oughtta fix that,” he remarked, and was on his way.

OzoneOcean the townie is dead.

Meanwhile, a pair of paramedics paid their respective targets a visit in the night, but neither Rengishi nor Drasnus had come to any harm.

And elsewhere, a madman chuckled, knowing that his two bombs had been secured on their targets. Oh, if only they knew.

And lastly, Niccea dozed briefly in her office, overcome by the sheer amount of paperwork that came with the office. When she awoke, she glanced passively at a mirror hanging in the room to notice someone had scribbled "Pwned" her face. "Wtf?" she wondered. "Well, no harm, no foul."

NIGHT ONE HAS ENDED and

DAY TWO HAS BEGUN

You know the drill; you have 24 hours to go through the clues and pick someone to lynch.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Wow…those clues will novelas. I can only think of one person the the Ozone clues remind me of right off the bat, but I really don't want to suspect that person…

*sits back and waits*

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I'M ALIVE!!! YEAH! But, ewwww on the first narrative. Nicely done Hakoshen.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Forgot somebody's action there. My apologies.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Someone wrote it on her face? HAHA.. I mean, that's just wrong!

Forgot somebody's action there. My apologies.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Hooray!!!

Fuck you all!!!

(in a friendly sort of way)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

HOLY SHITAKIMUSHROOMS! now, let's look at the clues shall we? I've marked the things in the narrative, with a underline, that come to my attention…

Humorman was sitting alone in his house, watching a late broadcast of a classic sci fi movie. It was a movie where the evil scientist had decided he wanted to create the most evil creature in existance, and to that end had gathered all of the deadliest creatures on the planet and spliced their DNA into a single creature. The door to the creature's pod opened and behind the cloud of fog stood the creature.

"My God!" the scientist and Humorman said in tandem, "The deadliest creature in the world… it's man!" As he stood to grab more popcorn, he noticed the quiet figure lurking in the doorway. With a startled gasp, Humorman leapt backwards as the killer came for him with a combat knife and barely pulled off a dodge just in time, catching only a slight nick on his side. Humorman reached for the only weapon he had handy; a curling iron, and flipped it to its hottest setting. He took a swing at his assailant with his iron, only to have it blocked as the assassin turned his knife downwards and sliced deep into Humorman's chest. The pain was debilitating, but the wound was not yet fatal. Humorman managed one gargled breath and reached to pull the knife free.

But the assassin wasn't finished. He snatched the now red hot curling iron from Humorman's slacking hand and drove it deep into his victim's eye. With an agonized scream, Humorman collapsed as the assassin retrieved his knife and delivered a killing blow. Careful to wipe the blood before returning it to its sheath, the killer stalked away into the night.

Humorman the townie is dead.
Now someone might be a Sci-fi fan, perfectly logical but on the same time it could be a herring.
The whole combat sequenze might point out to somebodys comic…

OzoneOcean wasn't doing anything particularly special that night, just sitting at home watching the local sports channel as his favorite teams scores scrolled across the ticker on the bottom of the screen. It was quickly turning into a bitter scene, what with the Townston Legionnaires losing to the Villageville Crusaders in an overwhelmingly painful defeat. As if to rub salt in the proverbial wound, the other bets he had placed were all coming up short, and he stood to lose a lot of money. Normally he'd just work a few double shifts and he'd come out even, but feeling over confident, he had made this bet with a known mafia controlled gambling hall, and he knew the Godfather would come to collect. There was only one solution; he had to get out of town.

Without a second thought, he sprang from his chair and made way to his bedroom to throw what loose money and paperwork he had into a briefcase. Clothes he could buy somewhere else, and he stood to gain nothing by waiting around any further. When he turned, there stood a stoic figure that until this point had not said a word.

"Oh, so it's come to this", Ozone began, as the figure pulled a Thompson from his side. Ozone sprang into action, grabbing for the gun and the two of them wrestled in doorway until the attacker landed a solid hook to Ozone's jaw, staggering him. A moment later, 45-caliber death splattered the room as an entire magazine was emptied into Ozone's body. The attacker went to eject the clip, but it was stuck in place.

"Really oughtta fix that,"
he remarked, and was on his way.

OzoneOcean the townie is dead.

So it might be someone who has not in the last 16 pages said a word here in the thread? I shall investigate this further in school*yawns*

Posted at

Man Hakoshen. Did you have a grudge against Humorman or something?

We now know that whoever attempted to kill Niccea is a newbie who's not aware of the fact that she can't be killed unless her bodyguard is killed first.

Also whoever killed Ozon seems to be the Godfather.

I'm too tired to pick through the clues but I'll ponder about them tomorrow.

Finally, wasn't the paramedic actions supposed to be secret?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Man Hakoshen. Did you have a grudge against Humorman or something?

Finally, wasn't the paramedic actions supposed to be secret?

No, everyone will have an appropriately grisly death. And you know knife fights are slow and violent. It's just the way they are.

As for the paramedics actions being secret, no nobody's actions are secret, it's stated in the first page there will be a narrative for all actions.

Posted at

Yeah all right. My mind was corrupted with information from a previous game. It's really confusing how they change from game to game.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Message in, from HQ.
Dance commander, we love you!

I'm alive! Wooohooo!
Also the mafia has helped our cause somewhat (assuming the mayor is not mafia).
Mafia will identify themselves to the mayor as townies to avoid suspicion, so less townie people makes it easier for niccea to pick out the guilty parties.

I am immortal! I cannot be killed! Come on mafia! I dare ya!
I fart in your general direction!
Will there be a narative for that?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.