Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I'm a bit concerned that we might have a rogue vigilante again. Two people haven't sent their roles and one flat out refuses to help out. I have all roles marked. (And a lot of townies)
Well, at least this vigilante can only kill twice. Let's just hope that somehow s/he'll pick the right mark (No D20s this time).
That means that two were telling the truth about being townies…who they are…I have no idea…
Why only 2? We have 7…*glances at the narrative*…5 townies with no specific roles.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

2nd one is probably someone who thinks they're tough

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I'm a bit concerned that we might have a rogue vigilante again. Two people haven't sent their roles and one flat out refuses to help out. I have all roles marked. (And a lot of townies)
Well, at least this vigilante can only kill twice. Let's just hope that somehow s/he'll pick the right mark (No D20s this time).
That means that two were telling the truth about being townies…who they are…I have no idea…
Why only 2? We have 7…*glances at the narrative*…5 townies with no specific roles.

I think she meant that two were LIARS! Just guessing. I agree about the vig… whoever you are, PLEASE avoid using the dice for decision making… and work with the mayor to get the right hits in!

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

I fear

Product Placement ,gullas ,and harkovast

…could be mafia..and at least one of them must be

Posted at

I fear

Product Placement ,gullas ,and harkovast

…could be mafia..and at least one of them must be
Well you had a good reason to fear gullas during the last game. There's a reason he bears the name gullas the impaler today.

What I don't understand is why am I always on everyone suspect list? Would it help if I just shut up and stopped discussing stuff on the the forum?

We're now past the point where we throw wild accusations. Now that we just received our first casualties, the next step is to pick at the narration and decipher the clues.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

There will alwaysbe suspicion
…I'm just to lovable to be a mafia.

..Right guys?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

What I don't understand is why am I always on everyone suspect list?
Because we know it gets under your skin…and if you didn't talk at all you would be more suspect.

Posted at

Well I guess I let it get to me because during the last game that blasted herring finger me so conclusively that everyone focused on me instead of figuring out who the real mafia was. We wasted a detective checkup on me and when I came back clean, people started coming up with conspiracy theories like "the mayor is mafia and is protecting Product" "product is the vigilante gone rouge" and so on. I was unable to do anything constructively until I was killed… and risen.. then killed again… and again.

Man what a shitty game. Why did I come back?

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

, the next step is to pick at the narration and decipher the clues.

The first is obviosly either someone who does not talk that much..or has a comic with a cool smart laid back character
The second is harder and would be a ilarious or very rowdy poster..or a have a comic with a screw-up or a nauto-like chracter

Posted at

Don't you mean the other way around? I got the impression that the second murderer was a silent type.

Gah. I should be going to sleep. I promised myself not to work on the clues until tomorrow.

Good night people.

Posted at

I have reason to think Niccea and PP are not mafia. I'll work on the clues when I get a chance. Also I might not be around that often cause I've hit my hard spot in the week. Tests 8am-9:30 class schedule and finals and more tests p.p

Well does anyone have any hints on who the clues are referring too?

Prank
Prank
Posted at

Very well written indeed, also gruesome. Yeesh.

Anyways, the first half is a reference to a Futurama episode;

Futurama spoofs this trope in a rare scene during the credits: a scientist declares that he's "combined the DNA of the world's most evil animals (a Lion, Scorpion, and Shark) to make the most evil creature of them all." A human then emerges from some sort of cloning tube, and just in case that's too subtle, declares, "It turns out it's man" in the most undramatic and dull way possible, just to parody the ham handedness of the way the point is often made by other shows.

Anyone have a sci-fi comic with similar themes?

The curling iron attack reminds me of the movie Sleepaway Camp where the following happened;

Next, Judy, who had decided to skip the social, is killed in her cabin when the murderer forces a hot hair curler into her vagina.

MOVIE SPOILER:

The killer turns out to be Angela, a crazy she male. Anyone named Angela and androgynous?

Looking into the second clue. It could be a reference to Shoot 'Em Up?

Man what a shitty game. Why did I come back?

Revenge.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Due to my allergies, I just took some NyQuil and I'm going to bed a few hours early so if you have any pressing issues that can't potentially wait for eight hours, please let me know now.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

As for me I'm going to morn the loss of my cousin and girlfriend…I'll be back late tommorow

Posted at

i think that they are the clues, the knife/curling iron and the tommy gun.

Posted at

That could be - the weapons are very likely clues, but I'm going to have to dig through the comics to figure it out.

and to that end had gathered all of the deadliest creatures on the planet and spliced their DNA into a single creature

Perhaps this "animal" thing is a clue - we have several people with animals in their names: Kitty17, GiantPinkWalrus, TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Skoolmunkee, Catcatdragoo

It's not a concrete lead, but it's a new vein of investigation

Posted at

That could be - the weapons are very likely clues, but I'm going to have to dig through the comics to figure it out.

and to that end had gathered all of the deadliest creatures on the planet and spliced their DNA into a single creature

Perhaps this "animal" thing is a clue - we have several people with animals in their names: Kitty17, GiantPinkWalrus, TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Skoolmunkee, Catcatdragoo

It's not a concrete lead, but it's a new vein of investigation
my money's on either kitty or catcat

Posted at

Now that I think of it more, maybe the weapons being the main clues is too obvious. There's got to be something subtle in both paragraphs…

That's why I latched onto the animal thing, which admittedly could be arbitrary, but it seemed a valuable observation

Prank
Prank
Posted at

There's a reason he bears the name gullas the impaler today.

Would it have anything to do with curling irons or other things with a "piercing" nature?

That's why I latched onto the animal thing, which admittedly could be arbitrary, but it seemed a valuable observation

I think you're on to something but you missed one detail. The killer is a guy.

But the assassin wasn't finished. He snatched the now red hot curling iron from Humorman's slacking hand and drove it deep into his victim's eye. With an agonized scream, Humorman collapsed as the assassin retrieved his knife and delivered a killing blow.

So it can't be Kitty17, Skoolmunkee, or Catcatdragoo. That leaves Walrus and TheFlyingGreenMonkey and Walruses aren't really evil animals, they only have huge penises. That leaves TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Monkey being the closest relative to man. Green is usually a color associated to vileness and in other words general evil, and flying references the the evil flying monkeys in the wizard of oz. The whole thing vaguely reminds me of the monkey in Allegro Non Troppo;

Eventually it does, and begins to change shape into a variety of fantastic creatures, colorfully mirroring Earth's own evolution. The creatures continue to march to an unseen objective, constantly in the same direction, sometimes in conflict with each other along the way, but all going absolutely straight forward except for the monkey in the film, which tends to kill other creatures. The monkey is seen learning to adapt with fur, boats, clubs, and eventually fire, all obtained at the expense of the other creatures. The creatures, now looking much like dinosaurs, pass by the Egyptian Pyramids, a looming crucifix, and an already-fought 20th century battlefield, all forcing the creatures to gaze in wonder for a moment before continuing on. Finally, as the piece reaches its amazingly loud climax, the creatures are all destroyed by skyscrapers coming up from the ground suddenly, followed by a looming human above them all. The human's face crumbles though it were made of stone to reveal the monkey inside, having conquered all the other creatures.

Taking all of this into account…

THE CRIMINAL IS YOU, TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Posted at

There's a reason he bears the name gullas the impaler today.

Would it have anything to do with curling irons or other things with a "piercing" nature?

I think you're on to something but you missed one detail. The killer is a guy.

But the assassin wasn't finished. He snatched the now red hot curling iron from Humorman's slacking hand and drove it deep into his victim's eye. With an agonized scream, Humorman collapsed as the assassin retrieved his knife and delivered a killing blow.

So it can't be Kitty17, Skoolmunkee, or Catcatdragoo. That leaves Walrus and TheFlyingGreenMonkey and Walruses aren't really evil animals, they only have huge penises. That leaves TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Monkey being the closest relative to man. Green is usually a color associated to vileness and in other words general evil, and flying references the the evil flying monkeys in the wizard of oz. The whole thing vaguely reminds me of the monkey in Allegro Non Troppo;

Eventually it does, and begins to change shape into a variety of fantastic creatures, colorfully mirroring Earth's own evolution. The creatures continue to march to an unseen objective, constantly in the same direction, sometimes in conflict with each other along the way, but all going absolutely straight forward except for the monkey in the film, which tends to kill other creatures. The monkey is seen learning to adapt with fur, boats, clubs, and eventually fire, all obtained at the expense of the other creatures. The creatures, now looking much like dinosaurs, pass by the Egyptian Pyramids, a looming crucifix, and an already-fought 20th century battlefield, all forcing the creatures to gaze in wonder for a moment before continuing on. Finally, as the piece reaches its amazingly loud climax, the creatures are all destroyed by skyscrapers coming up from the ground suddenly, followed by a looming human above them all. The human's face crumbles though it were made of stone to reveal the monkey inside, having conquered all the other creatures.

Taking all of this into account…

THE CRIMINAL IS YOU, TheFlyingGreenMonkey

the pronouns are gender neutral

Posted at

for the record when a new game is started let it be known that pronouns shall be gender neutral

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.