Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
humorman
humorman
Posted at

Okay, since the game's ending anyways, here were three people I have concluded to be mafia:

1. skoolmunkee – On the first night, ozone and I were the only two killed. Judging from the fact that ozone and skoolmunkee have some of the greatest influence in the game, with ozone out of the picture, skool could do whatever she pleased as her innocent attitude would allow her to evade lynchings.

2. Aghammer – Aghammer was supposed to be lynched on one day, but was pardoned. Seeing how no one in any of the games has ever pardoned someone without having some type of influence from the mafia (in all games, every townie is at every other player's throat and would always lynch someone to thin out the numbers at any chance they had), Aghammer would have to have some type of connection with the mafia.

3. Niccea – As pardoner, I assumed TFGM as part of the mafia, seeing how he pardoned Aghammer. However, seeing how he was the paramedic, the action had to be ordered by someone he had to have connections with: the mayor (i.e. Niccea).

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Imma totally play again! xD

That is, if it's okay. ;w;

only if you promise to bring some brownies next time ;)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I dunno, maybe the clue should be based on reading peoples comics.
After all, we are all here to read and promote comics, so that seems like something that is mutually benificial.

And I'm desperate for hits….

There, ya made me say it?
Are you happy now?

(I suspect school munkey. She collected a victims weapons ie collecting DANGEROUS THINGS and the victim slipped on fruit which made me think of monkey death bots. If I'm right thats the first time I've sucessfully solved a clue and not just agreed blindly with someone else)

Posted at

After all, we are all here to read and promote comics, so that seems like something that is mutually benificial.

Are you happy now?
the amount of time though it would take to learn everyones comic and know the details offhand for small, tough clues. that would be insane.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Maybe if we all deligated specific comics for specific people to look at?

You are right that it does make evidence hard to dig up, but I like the idea of gams encouraging each other to read each others comics to try and support our insane theories.
I just seems right to me.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

The problem is that some people don't have comics… or much in their description, etc.

Oh, and I was the veteran… so, no mafia-connection except I voted for nic like an idiot. monkey saved me and did a good thing for the town.

You are right that it does make evidence hard to dig up, but I like the idea of gams encouraging each other to read each others comics to try and support our insane theories.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

So, i thought Prank was mafia due to the clues (voted to lynch him)… picked up on Skool too (although I wasn't the first).

I read a lot of comics in my search and enjoyed em all. I got a huge spike in views and some great comments from TFGM (thanks man)… so I'm pro using comics… HAHA

The problem is this… if the townies have to lynch a mafia remember on the second day to win, there needs to be less red herrings. If we end up with more townie-side kills, than the clues can include the red herrings, etc.

Hak, I very much enjoyed your clues. I've played 3 games now and Niccea, Baron and Hak have all run a fun game with interesting clues.

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

The problem is that some people don't have comics… or much in their description, etc.
<> beheld a remarkably plain looking person, without any distinguishing characteristics.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Dude, I think everyone reads your comic :)

I saw the same thing in Skool's comics but the clues were not that clear or exact… Drasnus was a partial fit as well.

On the other hand, while we did have some clues that people linked to me (b&w, knife)… it would have been nice if the killer used a sword… NO more knives people! :D The red herrings were as strong as the clues at times.

Are you happy now?

(I suspect school munkey. She collected a victims weapons ie collecting DANGEROUS THINGS and the victim slipped on fruit which made me think of monkey death bots. If I'm right thats the first time I've sucessfully solved a clue and not just agreed blindly with someone else)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I've played 3 games now and Niccea, Baron and Hak have all run a fun game with interesting clues.

What are you talking about? You wrote your own clues in my game.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Aghammer's clues
D8<

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

That's true but my part was a small part of the narrative… and you were an awesome GM, in my opinion. ;)

I've played 3 games now and Niccea, Baron and Hak have all run a fun game with interesting clues.

What are you talking about? You wrote your own clues in my game.

Prank
Prank
Posted at

Total Domination

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Go on then, who killed me?

I would like to know, so I can hold a grudge against them, and call them immature names.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I added a red herring that pointed to Crocty (for the new people) but I still ended up being lynched because a) I WAS a serial killer and b) people liked Crocty tooo much. HAHA

And Nic, you tweaked the clues so they pointed to me (although the clues that got me lynched weren't the "real" ones).

Aghammer's clues
D8<

Prank
Prank
Posted at

Damn it Crocty, the clues were glaringly obvious.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

…Humorman?

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

HAHAHA.. yes, exactly. The Bastage!

…Humorman?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I saw the same thing in Skool's comics but the clues were not that clear or exact… Drasnus was a partial fit as well.

On the other hand, while we did have some clues that people linked to me (b&w, knife)… it would have been nice if the killer used a sword… NO more knives people! :D The red herrings were as strong as the clues at times.

I didn't intentionally make any red herrings, but there were bound to be some or the clues would be too precise. Granted, my style of writing and love of weapons and soldiering made me put some in such as the combat knife and the wakazashi, which were intended to point to Prank (black and white and the blacksmith). And since nobody linked the weapon repairing to one offhand comment Skool made about Fallout3, that wasn't too good a tie in either.

In hindsight I see a lot of things that ended up unintentionally misleading and others that simply weren't strong clues, so whomever is GM next, learn from my mistakes! (And for the love of God, get the rules straight before you start the game :X

Posted at

This time it was relegated to the first 10 pages of comics, isn't that so? I don't think that's unreasonable, plus the pageviews will show up for people. I rather liked that way of doing things, and I also liked the narratives this time.

(No, I wasn't playing, but I was benevolently regarding y'all from the skies.)

…Humorman?
Oh Crocty, you're the best detective ever!

Prank
Prank
Posted at

…Humorman?

Ding ding ding!

You're correct.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Well Prank, the clues are always obvious when you know who they're pointing to.

That's why I thought I'd make a good townie…):

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I didn't intentionally make any red herrings, but there were bound to be some or the clues would be too precise. Granted, my style of writing and love of weapons and soldiering made me put some in such as the combat knife and the wakazashi, which were intended to point to Prank (black and white and the blacksmith). And since nobody linked the weapon repairing to one offhand comment Skool made about Fallout3, that wasn't too good a tie in either.

In hindsight I see a lot of things that ended up unintentionally misleading and others that simply weren't strong clues, so whomever is GM next, learn from my mistakes! (And for the love of God, get the rules straight before you start the game :X

Hey, actually what I meant was that the flavor text (such as the weapons) was as strong as the actual clues on day one. Which is the way it works… and day two should and did narrow the scope to the clues. Baron had clear red herrings (such as pointing directly as Niccea even though she didn't do it). The reality is that if the mayor is mafia and is running the paramedics, etc. there is no way for the town to win… but it's still fun ;)

Ochi, I agree completely.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.