Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I was wondering if you could make a list of ppl still and alive and those that are dead please?
I forgot to do this. I've updated the list so that now you can quickly see who is dead and who is…. more dead.

Posted at

Special Narration!

The Demon Lord stood at the mouth of the Townston Volcano. How nice of the creator of this environment to create a fitting lookout point for him.

It was time. His superiors were most interested in hearing about the development in purgatory and had granted him full access to their military might to take it over. Soon they would control a mayor well spring of fresh souls, continuously refreshing their lines as they make their way to the pearly gates.

Sitting on a bench at the town center a curious person, kept to himself. He muttered to himself incoherent nonsense about the world ending only to reborn around him. A group of souls had gathered around him.
"You're the one responsible for this, you know." Said one of the souls to the confused man.
He looked back at the crowd. His eyes, were pleading for answers. "There was a blinding light. I know I died. Why am I still here? Why are we all here?"
"We died. That much is true. But we stand a chance to create a new world to live in. The Angels and the Demons threaten to tear this place that you've created apart and we need you to rally the blind."
"How can I do that?" Asked the confused man.
"Acknowledge what you are." Said the soul.
The Atheist stood up and looked around. The town was beautiful. He had never seen it like that. It was… perfect. That's what was wrong with it. It was too perfect. It didn't look the way he remembered it to be because it had taken the shape he always desired it to look like.

The Archangel rallied his followers. He had been expecting trouble coming any moment and prepared himself for an upcoming fight. If he could defend this town, the number of souls that could be saved would be staggering. To think that nobody would ever have to suffer the hellfires ever again. The thought of such prospect is too great not to fight for. To kill for. The worlds are merging. Soon they shall be one.

Without warning the volcano explodes in a violent fashion. Serving as a portal, scores of demonic beasts, flow from the fiery pit. A dark thundercloud builds itself over it, revealing armies of winged terrors. Lifting up his scythe, the Pit Lord makes the notion to advance. "Leave none alive who dare to resist!" He screams as his forces roars in anticipation for the upcoming fight.

In the opposite direction of the town, a blinding light breaks through the mist. Hundreds… no, thousands… no, millions of winged soldiers descend from the clouds, drawing their blades and bows. The Archangel takes his place along his peers and draws his flaming sword. "For the honor of Celestia!" he shouts as he dives headfirst onwards.

Shocked by this vision the Atheist observes the two approaching armies. This fight will undoubtedly be disturbingly bloody and it's going to take place right over this town. The Atheist saw townston burn down once before, he was certainly not going to witness its destruction again. He looked at the frightened villagers gathering in the center, not sure if they should be believing what they were seeing.

The ground around the Atheist rises from the ground, elevating him so that all around could see him.
"People of Townston. Many of you are newcomers. Many of you lived here… and died here. We stand a chance to start anew. Make a world were we can live in peace. Yet once again, we're forced to witness destruction. Well, this time we will not run around, screaming in terror. This time we will make a stand! We will fight for our right to live our lives the way we see fit! Let us make this a resting place worth living in. Where all can live in harmony. No longer shall a self imposed rule govern the fate of your afterlife. Should you desire tranquility, make it so. If you believe you need punishment, then let it be. If you ever grow bored of existing, will yourself away. Make this your world! Make this your paradise! Make this a place worth fighting for!"

Various weapons both large and small, emerge from the ground, all around the villagers. Picking them up, they cheer for the Atheist who disappears into the crowd. While everyone were doing their part he would do his. He and his rebellious spirits were now gonna focus their willpower in attempts to destroy the opposing leaderships. With them down the armies will disorganize, giving them a fighting chance. Two of the rebellious spirits decide to take arms and join the villagers, giving the Atheist as much time as possible.

The war between Heaven and Hell has begun!

The lines have been drawn.

Angels:
Ochitsukanai
therealtj
Kitty17
Sea_Cow
Gullas

Demons
Anthony Mercer
martinlo_23
blergness
herio
Hakoshen
Aghammer
Harkovast

Rebellious spirits.
Exzachly
GarBonzo Bean
Waff
InuYasha_Rules
humorman
D_Dude
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
rokulily

Let the fighting commence.

Insider info:
Harkovast declares War

Posted at

From now on, I will only give out clues, pointing out the identity of the Archangel and the Pit Lord. Making a huge list of clues for 10 deaths in one go is just a bit too much to handle.

Don't worry though. I will make every single one of you go down with style.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

:O

We're screwed.

Posted at

I sure hope so TJ

Posted at

Rebellious spirits.
Exzachly
GarBonzo Bean
Waff
InuYasha_Rules
humorman
D_Dude
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
rokulily
Woot! Roku and Inu our on the same team as me :D Hence forth we should be Team Awesome!

Also Waff and me are on the same side so he can't kill me. Crocty is dead so he can't have vengence either :D and I have High Speed Internet XD

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

This is incredibly unfortunate…

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Du di da.

Get it?

Now you try.

Posted at

For demons, it is the sensible thing to destroy rebellious spirits. Numerically speaking, the rebellious are demonstrably a greater threat than angels.

The same is true for the rebellious; demons are the greater threat. There is little advantage to be gained through destroying a faction that can do little whilst other, larger factions provide a more imminent threat.

The result of devoting resources to annihilating us - as I believe the atheists, for their own ends, likely intend the demons to do - would be to waste necessary power and create vulnerabilities.

Therefore, attacking angels primarily is tactically nonsensical for either other side. It obviously leads to one's own side becoming vulnerable to the other main threat. It is obvious that I myself have a vested interest in this argument, but I nevertheless provide logic that makes that interest irrelevant.

herio
herio
Posted at

at last the war has begone im at your command allso i dont think so dont become demons or we shold get them on our side numbers matter though so dose stragy i good war plan can take out large numbers but i go for lager numbers i gess it depends on the battle its self

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

For demons, it is the sensible thing to destroy rebellious spirits. Numerically speaking, the rebellious are demonstrably a greater threat than angels.

The same is true for the rebellious; demons are the greater threat. There is little advantage to be gained through destroying a faction that can do little whilst other, larger factions provide a more imminent threat.

The result of devoting resources to annihilating us - as I believe the atheists, for their own ends, likely intend the demons to do - would be to waste necessary power and create vulnerabilities.

Therefore, attacking angels primarily is tactically nonsensical for either other side. It obviously leads to one's own side becoming vulnerable to the other main threat. It is obvious that I myself have a vested interest in this argument, but I nevertheless provide logic that makes that interest irrelevant.
Except for the fact that if the demons focus exclusively on killing rebellious souls, and the angels focus exclusively on killing demons, then the demons would be the minority and have in effect lost the game.

Posted at

I'm arguing against a mindset where the destruction would be focused largely on angels rather than the more powerful, which is why I said "primarily." The point being that it's more safe to attack the other powerful team in large numbers.

If the angelic and demonic sides largely destroy the rebellious and several attack each other, the game tends toward the demons with greater odds than if the angels were gone and the rebellious and the demons were pitted against each other. Thus, it's better for demons and for angels if you guys are annihilated, as angels have little to lose at this stage.

In a game wherein the results are randomized, angels attacking the demons en masse as per your scenario would be unreliable anyway, as some angel hits would preempt the demon hits that would be necessary to eliminate the rebellious.

Also, you're obviously not concerned for demons. I suppose you were hoping they'd attack us en masse and leave an opening for y'all, but…

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

If the rebellious souls are eliminated and its angels against demons, then the angels lose. There is no reason for the angels to want that scenario or to want to attack the atheists because we only have 3 kills a turn and they know we most likely won't be targeting them. The demons are by far a bigger threat to the angels right now, so it only makes sense that the angels would do all they can to reduce their size by next turn.

Posted at

Personally I'm rooting for the Angels. They have cooler Avi's.

ouch, tfgm, that hit me where it hurts…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I shall smite all nonbelievers and demons into the oblivion :)

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I'm pretending I'm mafia this game… and I'm gonna whack you gullas.. capesh?

Just kidding, but really, smiting into oblivion?, is that the right attitude for an angel?? Peace and Love bro :)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

a demon? I SHALL SMITE THY!!!

just kiddin'… at least for the moment or two ;)

Just kidding, but really, smiting into oblivion?, is that the right attitude for an angel?? Peace and Love bro :)

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

HA, I like the scar on your avatar… a tough angel!

a demon? I SHALL SMITE THY!!!

just kiddin'… at least for the moment or two ;)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Thank you Ag, after all Bobby is one hell of a tough angel :P

HA, I like the scar on your avatar… a tough angel!

Posted at

Now, now people. If you expect your side to win, you're gonna have to tell me who you're planing to kill.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

To whoever said that they find it odd that I liken myself to Hitler more so than the Atheist, it is extremely close to a three-way tie in the irony department. I honestly think PP proposely gave me that role :/

On the other hand: w007 we've got some action going on.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

"You have reached the Hell hotline, we are unable to come to the phone right now, please leave a message and we'll get back with you as soon as possible!"

Now, now people. If you expect your side to win, you're gonna have to tell me who you're planing to kill.

Posted at

I also appreciate receiving the actions early. The longer I have to wait tallying the votes/actions, the later I have to start writing up the narration (since I won't know what happens).

That affects the quality and the punctuality.

Posted at

There is no reason for the angels to want that scenario or to want to attack the atheists because we only have 3 kills a turn and they know we most likely won't be targeting them.
If we attacked anyone as a bloc, randomization would ensure we'd have a bad time of it thereafter, as I said earlier.

It's also clear from that post that you ARE a threat to the demons, since by your own admission you "won't be targeting" angels. It's extra incentive for demons to attack y'all, simply to minimize casualties; as I said, strategically speaking, it makes little sense for us to attack as a bloc.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.