Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Day 3

“Oh my gosh! I just had the worst dream! Exzachly was lynched… then Niccea… It- it all seemed so real…” gasped Rokulily from beyond the grave. “I mean it was actually kinda funny thinking about but what a horrible turn of affairs! And all the details are kinda fuzzy now but it seemed to make so much sense in the dream… Weird…”

She got out of the cloud bed and strode over to the master overseer station.

“I better check to see…” The results were stunning. The polls so close that when she fell asleep her subconscious must of filled in the gaps and hence the horrible, horrible dream.

“Hey Rokulily”, said a voice outside.

“Oh hey Exzachly- WAIT EXZACHLY?! What are you doing up here?!”

[spoiler]Exzachly the smuggest townie must’ve DIED[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Rokulily also must’ve messed up- sorry![/spoiler]

“I was accidently lynched. Turns out when me and hark had that smug off contest it… um… wasn’t a smug off contest…”

“It was actually the lynch…”

“Yeah… Not my finest moment but hey- I can now say I AM the smuggest townie. Dead but smuggest.”

“This is so weird- I just had a dream about that… Is Niccea around here by any chance?”

“I haven’t seen her but Gullas keeps throwing water balloons at me- could you do something about that?”

“No. No I can not. When Seventy2 first showed up he was armed with condensed lightning. I finally talked him down to water balloons. It’s some kinda revenge thing for the insta-lynch I think.”
“Right. Oh nice pajamas by the way.”

“Thanks. They are delightfully comfortable. Now if you excuse me I have to find out who WAS lynched… I mean besides you.”

“Kay. Is there any… Cupcakes around here by any chance?”

“Three clouds down- baked a near endless supply.”

And with that he was gone leaving Rokulily pondering over the video screens.
“Okay, here’s Exzachly telling everyone to vote TFGM and Hark all smugly… Here’s where Hark shows up just as smug and accuses Exzachly… There’s the smug off- yup there are the votes for the smug off competition read by Niccea. There’s Hark’s break down. Hahaha priceless… Exzachly’s gloating… Alrighty, there’s Niccea telling Exzachly that the ballots were actually for the lynch… Oh his face was perfect- yet still amazingly smug. Wow. And… here! This is where I must’ve made stuff up!”

She began playing the feedback…
Fzzzt!

[spoiler]Exzachly the smuggest townie is DEAD[/spoiler]

“Oh NO!” “He was a TOWNIE?!” “Who could’ve predicted such a thing?” “What should we do?!”

“We HAVE TO DO RIGHT!” yelled Niccea asserting herself. “There are monsters that we have been catering to and I say no more!”
“Pfff”, scoffed Harkovast. “It was probably you all along.”

“What?! How on Townston could any of this be MY fault?!”

“Well you read the votes. I mean this was probably all some evil plot on your behalf- first you kill off Exzachly then you pin the blame on somebody else. I mean C’MON! Everyone, even if they’re not as superior as I, know that I am the SMUGGEST guy in the world HANDS DOWN. This must’ve been a diabolical trap of some kind!”

“He is pretty smug”, agreed TheFlyingGreenMonkey. And without Exzachly there to contradict him Hark was indeed the smuggest alive.

“This is just getting stupid. Look… I’M A TOWNIE! You all know that. I try my best to do right by this town, and solve clues, and just be a pretty good person! Now if we’re going to save this town we need to look at the clues, and figure out WHATS WHAT. NOT to point fingers randomly at people!”

“But that’s what I do…” stuttered Hark.

“Yes, yes, yes. But it’s just NOT the best way to get things done! I’m going to help save this town gosh darn it and this letter from the mayor is going to help me!”

“Gasp! A letter from the mayor! Isn’t he, like, important an’ stuff?” whispered the townsfolk.

“Yes. Yes he is. In this letter he states the conditions and reasons of how and why Product Placement died. As there was a witness on the scene the confirmed killer is none other than… THEFLYINGGREENMONKEY! It appears that the hunter was trying to uncover a monster and, unfortunately, fell victim. “

“So, um, does this mean that TheFlyingGreenMonkey can… um, turn us into monsters?” asked a random citizen.

“Well yes but-“

“Oh WOW that is sooo cool! I totally want to be a monster!” “Ohmygosh! You too?! That’s what I want to be!” “This is awesome! He better turn me first!”

“People this is MONSTER we’re talking about here! He NEEDS to be LYNCHED! It’s like you’re trying to destroy this town!”

“Oh we do try,” said Hakoshen coolly.

“Well it doesn’t matter what you say! You see this? This letter is TFGM’s deathnote! And he is doomed to die. Now bring him forward!”

A few in the crowd grabbed TheFlyingGreenMonkey and brought him to the gallows where Niccea waited.

“You thought you could see me dead, didn’t you? But I am going to save this town- I may be a townie but I can do my best and that’s enough. I know that the people are conflicted since the loss of the mafia but this… This is not the way to go. With your death, there may be a better tomorrow. And that’s a chance I have to take, for the sake of this town!” spoke Niccea quietly to TFGM, not to alert the town.

“Fine then, if you would sacrifice a man to save another… Well, then I need not make monsters here where so many already lie”, replied TheFlyingGreenMonkey. “But let a dead man speak before he hangs, a finally request for the last sake of your humanity.”

“Go on then.”

“People… Monsters… It was once said that a townie win was so difficult against so many foes. Yet here we are, again, one by one- slowly defeated by the acclaimed ‘underdogs’. Is it so hard to defeat us when we defeat ourselves? I will fight and I will die and you will pat yourself on the back for ‘beating the odds’. But the odds are, and always have been, in your favor. We monsters sought to create a new world and some saw what was left of their old world in the possibility of us. We welcome you still. But I… I know I am a dead man, and I laugh at this. It seems like I was destined to die from the moment I arrived, so why should I do nothing but welcome it and go out with a bit of glory.”

With that he raced out into the crowd morphing into his true form tearing through semi-innocent bystanders, just circling the gallows like a taunt. The Van Helsing saw this hidden from their perch and carefully aimed their gun at the beast. A silver bullet struck TFGM’s right leg, its poisonous taint coursing through the blood stream. TFGM howled in pain and the townsfolk quickly tossed a noose over his head, pulled the rope, and with a great deal of effort hung him.

[spoiler]TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Alpha Male is DEAD[/spoiler]

Day 3 is over!
Night 3 has begun… Again…

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Okay, I would like to say sorry to everyone again… Sorry guys! The other narration, as good as it may have been, WAS indeed INACCURATE due to my poor GMing skills. It happens, i hear, to the best of us. Anyhow, that narration is now lost thanks to the wonderful 'the save button secretly means delete' figure on my computer. (somebody messed with it…) So if you missed it, well what's gone and past help should be past grief. I hope this narration isn't a bad replacement except, you know, for the change of cast and possible crushing of hopes… (sooo very sorry!) I will try to not make this mistake (and hopefully any others) again!

TFGM and NICCEA, I owe you.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

And I do still try.

And not this time Retaya. The werewolves held out in the last monster game and statistically it couldn't happen again.

Posted at

TFGM and NICCEA, I owe you.
Oh hell yeah.

And PP will pay for doing what was right. He will >:D

Posted at

Wow, this game seems to be a bit boring! :p Oh, and the boringness has nothing to do with anyone at all! Just the fact that all the monsters are dieing, and theres no challenge!

Alpha male. I have to laugh at that. lol! See, I laughed.

Posted at

Together they are….

Harkoshen

That will replace the physics teacher in my nightmares.

Sorry I didn't vote in the last two lynches… I'm forgetful.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Fore Shadowing much?

Wow, I meant that as a joke at the time.
I must have amazing mind powers!

Possibly caused by anger at FAKE HARKOVAST LINKS!!!

These imposters must pay!

Accept no substitute!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Harkovast/

There, thats better!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

WOW, I leave for the night and look what happens! :) One more monster down, I guess. So Niccea is back as an avenging angel or what? (oh wait, that was a different game).

Oh, and being a townie still sucks, in case anyone wondered.

Hark… Here is the BEST HArkovast link EVER…

Fore Shadowing much?

Wow, I meant that as a joke at the time.
I must have amazing mind powers!

Possibly caused by anger at FAKE HARKOVAST LINKS!!!

These imposters must pay!

Accept no substitute!

There, thats better!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

WOW, Harkovast is much better than I remembered!! although I'm not sure where the cats went?? (missed that chapter I guess :))

oh, so now we're reading Harkovast?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

WOW, Harkovast is much better than I remembered!! although I'm not sure where the cats went?? (missed that chapter I guess :))

oh, so now we're reading Harkovast?

There are no cats in Harkovast!

Posted at

You have only yourself to blame. I eventually saw through your crazy desire to let the monsters win.

…that and Hark fingered you out.

Once this game is over, I will give you guys a point by point on why I'm a methodological bastard that cost the monsters this game in a record time. I can't now since I'd be revealing insider info which is a no-no for a dead player.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

You have only yourself to blame. I eventually saw through your crazy desire to let the monsters win.

Once this game is over, I will give you guys a point by point on why I'm a methodological bastard that cost the monsters this game in a record time. I can't now since I'd be revealing insider info which is a no-no for a dead player.

Well I could go ahead and reveal mine, though I'm sure ours overlapped.

Posted at

I call bull. How are you responsible for both monsters turning me first night? I've talked to them they didn't mention PP telling them to. Secoundly It isn't that hard to figure it out if it was already revealed. Thridly I how are you responsible for Hak not voting for Ni too? You only brought up D_Dudes extra vote. But if hak had voted for both it wouldn't have mattered. No you didn't do this. No human could! Which means…Obama did it!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

He needs an AWARD for that! :) (didn't even know he was playing… how awesome is that??)

Posted at

I call bull.
You like calling bull allot.

I was not aware of ANYONE else trying to fight for the sake of town apart from the town leadership and Helsing.

Also, you have no idea how methodological I can get.

Edit:
Look, I wasn't trying to take credit for that incredible one in a million chance luck which was that two of the monster leaders attacked the third one (and I have no idea why you're accusing me of that since I PQ'd you with an explanation of what I did). I merely brought this fact to Helsings and D_Dudes attention.

That honor, Monkey, is yours alone. You made it so clear that you wanted to become a monster that you managed to attract both your rivals to attempt to recruit you.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

TFGM did influence my hand at the last minute, when I was debating over whether or not it was more prudent to remove the pardoner or take a chance at voting Hark and him getting pardoned. This had the dual notion of preventing a converted pardoner from sparing his faction leader, as well as convincing the monsters that while I may not have been one of them, I was still a sociopath (which I am, but whatever) and ultimately evil at heart! When they confirmed their identities to me, it was all but set. Since I have an immunity to Vampires, taking out the Alpha was priority, and he was going to be busy going after the Van Hellsing or his hunters instead of recruiting so I was pretty much safe. By that time everyone had pretty much figured it out one way or another.

And that is my part of the nefarious scheme.

Of course, had any single thing gone wrong my plan would have resulted in my spectacular death.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I might survive tonight!
You don't KNOW that I'm dead!

I might survive….could happen….

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I might survive tonight!
You don't KNOW that I'm dead!

I might survive….could happen….
:I You are going to die.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Take solace, Hark, in the fact that your death narration will be awesome.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

God damn.
Well at least I go down doing what I loved!
Plugging my comics shamelessly!

Have you all read the Webcomic review comic on the Web? If you haven't already you should ask for a review (as long as you have 30 pages!)

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Webcomic_Review_Comic_On_The_Web/?p=632667

Now I can die happy!

For my last words I will quote Charlie Brown from Peanuts-
"Red China hates us! The whole world hates us! We should drop a bomb on Red China before Red China drops a bomb on us!"
Damn that Schulz was a smart man!

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

I was not aware of ANYONE else trying to fight for the sake of town apart from the town leadership and Helsing.
Uhm… That's not exactly fair. I voted 100% mafia this game. I knew Hark was guilty a long time ago, the clues pointed to him and he pretty much admitted it when he thought his death was imminent in day 2.
NOOOOO!!!!!

Exzachly was the smugest???
It cant be!
Argh! Now it is in writing I cant win!

*looks extreme un-smug*
Don't worry Hark, you put up as good a fight as anyone could against me

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.