Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

When is it time to vote, anyways?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I just really want to play a game with someone that has run them before. It sounds biased, but I'm craving a classic game from a veteran GM.

Not to sound dickish. but you do know, that being GM means you're not really playing right? Since you have to seperate yourself from the other players, and as you know everything, you're technically not playing the game.

(I may be wrong. but thats how it felt when I was running Dungeons and Ducks, and it got really boring)

Posted at

Oh, hey. I noticed that few of you forgot to write down a clue breakdown, next to your sample narrations.

Figured it was a good idea to point that out.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Kay, any suggestions for my game concept? Any ideas, anything to be changed or added, hm? Oh, and now I have awesome clues!

Posted at

Oh, hey. I noticed that few of you forgot to write down a clue breakdown, next to your sample narrations.
but not 1337 so vote for him.

What annoys me is that when there's a couple of veterans going against some newbies the vets usually seem to win. I may vote someone but probably not vet.

but not self. never self.

So "vet" Gm's are jninja, niccea, salsa
New guys are me, mett, zeph, maru

I'm not fond of any candidates…

mainly that 1337 guy.

but i think people should vote for him.

I mean, what else does he have to do other than run this game (hopefully once again)?

eh?

only my second time trying to get the GM title. And last time I got no votes but had a huge narration in which there wasn't any clues and someone else killed him which was probably the problem because I wrote it off the top of my head like this one.

[goes and changes avatar]

[random announcement. but not really surprising]

Posted at

What annoys me is that when there's a couple of veterans going against some newbies the vets usually seem to win. I may vote someone but probably not vet.

mainly that 1337 guy.

I mean, what else does he have to do other than run this game (hopefully once again)?

eh?

only my second time trying to get the GM title. And last time I got no votes but had a huge narration in which there wasn't any clues and someone else killed him which was probably the problem because I wrote it off the top of my head like this one.

Let's not make this a veterans vs new guys debate. Focus on who has the game concept you want to play. I remember being attacked once or twice for being a veteran and it's a pretty silly argument in my books to say that I don't deserve to go again. Better would be to ask how well the veteran did in the past and if his/her game style appeals to your tastes. Also, about the argument that veterans should wait until the new guys get to go: There will always be new guys. There's a pretty active turnover of new players around here so I doubt we'll ever run out of new guys who want to GM.

And just to counter-argue the other side of the veteran vs newbie spectrum: Let's not forget that we were all newbies once. We all have made our fair share of GM mistakes (granted, I never made a game with 9 mafia members >:Þ ).

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

mainly that 1337 guy.

eh?

This is complete gbberish, I'm going to translate it!
*A few minutes later.*
It states:"Mett is awesome."

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

By the way when did Jninja run a game? And since when is PP not considered a vet? I mean the guy is Product Placement the Game Master because he has at least FIVE games under his belt.

on another note, I wonder where TFGM is? didn't he say he wanted all the ten games?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Ninja ran the zombie theme one, I should know, I was Case 0!

Posted at

And since when is PP not considered a vet?
1773 is only counting the players who are running.

Also:
list of players who have been GM and how often they've run a game.
Product Placement - 5 times.
Niccea - 3 times.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 3 times.
Hakoshen. - 2 times.
Salsa - 2 times.
Black Kitty - 1 time.
The2ndredbaron - 1 time.
Harkovast - 1 time.
Crocty - 1 time.
ParkerFarker - 1 time.
Rokulily - 1 time.
Therealtj - 1 time.
GarBonzo Bean - 1 time.
Randomdudeperson - 1 time.
jninjashadow - 1 time.
Kroatz - 1 time.
same - 1 time.

Posted at

By the way when did Jninja run a game?
Do you not remember the complicated three way space war you made me try and write into your death? Also… thoughts and opinions on my sacrifice idea? I kinda included it since the mob seems to tear itself apart each game. Figured I'd find a way to make it helpful when they do.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Get rid of the weakest link, and get a bonus instead. Good call dude, gotta be some pro-townie that gets in.

same
same
Posted at

I think we have plenty of concepts now. Ill stop allowing any more and open for voting. Anyone who hasnt finished their concept yet has reserved a space is allowed to finish it but hurry with it. Votes please. Also do GM's vote?

Also id say the last game was a draw because Zeph and TFGM where still alive. So stop complaining about overpowered mafia. Kroatz helped balance gameplay and achieved the draw. Otherwise im pretty sure mafia would have won. And PP. You made it through that game and you got to kill gullas. You should thank your protector.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I dun did sended in my vote!

Posted at

I'm leaning towards Salsa, but that may be because his drawing seems to be hypnotizing me….vote Salsa, for GM, and send him fanart.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

GMs as runner of the election shouldn't vote. It would be unfair because they know exactly what is happening. I would also to remind all candidates that votes for yourself are already taken into consideration.

Posted at

And PP. You made it through that game and you got to kill gullas. You should thank your protector.
I would but I have absolutely no idea who s/he is.
GMs as runner of the election shouldn't vote. It would be unfair because they know exactly what is happening. I would also to remind all candidates that votes for yourself are already taken into consideration.
I usually vote myself, when I'm running the election, but I also usually post who voted for whom as well, in order to make the vote results as transparent as possible.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'm leaning towards Salsa, but that may be because his drawing seems to be hypnotizing me….vote Salsa, for GM, and send him fanart.

*snicker*

Thanks on thinking my drawing is good enough to warrant fanart even though I have no comics up at the moment. I'm working on one on and off, but probably won't post any until I get a decent buffer up.

I hope I get GM again. I'd like to try this multiple objective thing out. I was wondering though if I should give an advantage to the team that captures the pilot. This would be something temporary and would only last a cycle or two at most. Say if the town caught the pilot, all townies got two night lives the next night. Or if the mafia gets the pilot they have lynch immunity for that day, or give them an extra kill for that night. I wouldn't let the other side know and I would like some ideas. If I get enough I'll put them in a randomizer and use that to decide which one the side gets. I also thought about doing nothing or having the other side lose, but that might end the game too quickly. After all, I have a reputation to uphold. (last sentence is supposed to be very tongue in cheek)

Posted at

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah
hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

…n00b…

oh and I joked throughout that thingy as always.

I don't really have a clue who I'm voting for. Vet or Newbie.

I will vote for best candidate though.

Or second best cause I don't vote for myself.

…shut up 1337.

oh and that was stupidly funny PP :D

Posted at

Vote for me, my game has a whopping 13 kill roles total! THIRTEEN! P;us there is a townie role that makes ALL townies a kill role for a night! Seriously, that's a blood bath waiting to happen!… in an awesome way…

Imagine this, but with Townston's add charm… and lasers. A LOT of lasers.

Posted at

No offense but I'm not a huge fan of staggering amounts of kill roles.

Also, big whoop! So I screwed up the numbers in a script language that I grew out of 10 years ago. Cry me a river.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Vote for me, my game has a whopping 13 kill roles total! THIRTEEN! P;us there is a townie role that makes ALL townies a kill role for a night! Seriously, that's a blood bath waiting to happen!… in an awesome way…

So? I have the same thing in my game. I also have a secondary goal that'll give the side that achieves it a boost. My game has 16 roles and nine of those are kill roles. Honestly it's not the quantity, it's the quality of the roles. If a role doesn't add to the game, then should it be included? My point is that though I do have half of my roles be kill roles, I try and make them add something, whether it be strategy or fun or just to try something new.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Just to get on the band wagon.

Vote me.

I only have 4 roles that can actually kill. But there will be multiple people in those roles. Just enough to make the game interesting, but so much that the town looses in one night.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.