Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I try and make them add something, whether it be strategy or fun or just to try something new.
I think my roles do add some strategy to the mix. After all, use the kill night when the town is unorganized, it will do more harm than good by wiping the ton out. The Guard/ Vigilante combo forces a tough decision between protecting the leaders, and taking a stab at the enemy. I put some serious thought into how the game would work.

Posted at

how large would you like that river?
This big.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

My idea is just a battle of teamwork and strategy. Like Age of Empires, Chess, or Risk, you've got the same peices availabe to each side. Its how those sides decide to use their pieces that win the game. Chess starts off perfectly equal afterall. And with no good or bad team, it relies on how well you can organize your team, versus how many people you can convince to vote someone to hang.

Also the fact that both sides have the roles keeps it from having an inbalance of power. Where one has a mass amount of killing power, and the other just tries to tie ropes around peoples heads. (Not to mention that nobody gets stuck with the boring townie role that has no real purpose other than to be another face in the lynching crowd)

Posted at

And since when is PP not considered a vet?
1773 is only counting the players who are running.

Also:
list of players who have been GM and how often they've run a game.
Product Placement - 5 times.
Niccea - 3 times.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 3 times.
Hakoshen. - 2 times.
Salsa - 2 times.
Black Kitty - 1 time.
The2ndredbaron - 1 time.
Harkovast - 1 time.
Crocty - 1 time.
ParkerFarker - 1 time.
Rokulily - 1 time.
Therealtj - 1 time.
GarBonzo Bean - 1 time.
Randomdudeperson - 1 time.
jninjashadow - 1 time.
Kroatz - 1 time.
same - 1 time.

That adds up to 27, when there should be 29. Obviously there's a particular GM no-one ever wants to mention, but I thought he only ran one game, so what happened to the other? (Unless he ran two?)

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Okay, now I'm curious as to this GM no one ever wants to mention. Also, what had happened to the Quest For Anthony Mercer's Chin!? I was so looking foward to it!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I think he ran a game before I joined, and then there was the game he got banned for.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Who what?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So, who was the guy that is not to be named? Also, sending this message from my phone, which i have finally learned to use.

Posted at

That adds up to 27, when there should be 29. Obviously there's a particular GM no-one ever wants to mention, but I thought he only ran one game, so what happened to the other? (Unless he ran two?)
Humorman ran two games. I forgot to add him because I just copied and pasted the GM club list, which he is not a part of.

Here's the full list of all the games, including their locations and who ran what game.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

But looking back on those games, I think one I really like was the one that took place inside Hark's mind.

Posted at

Heh… yeah… that was a fun and quirky game.

Hark should run again at some point. I'd totally vote for him.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I've come across something interesting, a version of Mafia Games called,"Cannibals!", except I think it's meant for a smaller group of players. Heard of it before?

Posted at

Elaborate minuscule mage of noticeable dark complexion! Also, anyone else unable to update their comic now?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I would make a game based on my skull… but anyone that saw the bonus page of PB, that was made viewer appropriate… would know it's not a child friendly place in there…

Update as in it logs you out after you send the page? I've had that problem. Or update as our good friend Mr. Red X from hell?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Cannibals has, I think six people? Something like that, a small amount. And since there are so few people, the roles are basic. Villager, and Cannibal, and you fill out this thing.

Name: (Your actual name or something similar)
General Background: Just a brief summary of your life as it was just before you boarded the plane, nothing special.
Experience: Any useful skills or knowledge you bring to the island.
Personal Belongings: Anything you managed to salvage from the plane crash. Again, remember that it will go through customs and a lot of salt water!

Example:
Name: Winston Valentine (Fictional, it's my dog's name and my first street's name put together)
Physical Appearance: Lanky, longish hair, and braces.
General Background: I was an associate of the mafia, my last assignment before I could become an actual soldier in their ranks was to take down this plane, with the family of a rival gang leader, and return alive. well, I took down the plane…now to get off this godforsaken island.
Experience: Good with broken limbs, running, and bow and arrow.
Personal Belongings: Some pencils, a notepad drying on a flat rock, a cell-phone(now dead), and I had a sling, which I hid a knife in. Told the customs it was a metal part, those idiots. Ha.
Before day one starts, there is night zero, where a npc is killed and found cannibalized. So lynches start on the first morning. Executions happen on the sharp rocks. The thing is, the island is perfect for living, fresh water, lush vegetation, delicious and bountiful fruit that can sustain life for years, forever if tended, but no meat. no animals, no fish, no birds, nuthin. Most of the survivors can handle this, but a few have gone nuts without meat, and secretly have joined together as cannibals.

As with mafia games, clues appear from the night kills, but the cannibals can't all go off and kill someone for each of them, the whole group targets just one guy. And clues are given from the daytime executions too. Clues are sometimes randomly given to a player from teh GM, and they have to show the clue through role-play. Cannibals can lie about getting clues to throw the survivors off. And you have to stay in role-play, unless it's in those half-circle thingys,(The things surrounding this sentence.) and here is the island itself.

Posted at

Update as in it logs you out after you send the page? I've had that problem. Or update as our good friend Mr. Red X from hell?
The update button just plain don't work for me. I click it and nothing. I check it for a link, and all it says is javascript.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Hmmm.. it's been acting off for me too. Can't say I've had that exact problem, but I haven't tried to update yet today.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Have ya tried a different browser yet? And what do you think of this simplifyed mafia game, cannibal games?

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

The update button just plain don't work for me. I click it and nothing. I check it for a link, and all it says is javascript.

Sounds like some one is monkeying around with the Javascript files on the site. I hope that what ever it is they're fixing also fixes the ad spacing, I can't access the forum button.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Anyone know whats up with teh new upload screen? Instead of showing the normal one that has "upload several pages" options, it just says "Add" or something, you click it and it opens the file, it displays no page detail nothing, not until you choose your file. Then you fill the crap out, but everytime I update it goes and logs me off, and then the thumbnail doesn't even pop up on the front page, and it takes a little while for the thing to reconize that I updated on the day. -_-

Posted at

Name: Winston Valentine (Fictional, it's my dog's name and my first street's name put together)
You live at a street called Valentine?

if not:

You named your dog Valentine?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

You live at a street called Valentine?

if not:

You named your dog Valentine?
Here's the thing, my dog's name is Winston, and the first street I lived on was called Valentine Road, that was about 4 years ago. And this is once again from my phone! Woot!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.