Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

All right you guys. I'm probably going to start the game on midnight GMT, at the beginning of Monday.

That means that for the most of you, who are living in the states; the game will start on Sunday evening and day 1 will end on Monday evening. This is important to know, for anyone who are contemplating to participate in the mayoral election.

You will all be informed via PQ when the game starts, when I hand down everyones roles.

Signup deadline is now 24 hours. Please don't hesitate to join the madness ^^

Posted at

BUDDY! You came back, this calls for a toast! How about a round is bought, on you?
Nah, we settle this tab like men. Roshambo! I go first!

frankkerr
frankkerr
Posted at

But most importantly ozone's in here though, right?

Can't wait to betray him to the mafia and such.

Vote 1337 for mayor by the way.

Admins have game genie. He can read your PQ's if he wants to. But we trust him not to.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Admins have game genie. He can read your PQ's if he wants to. But we trust him not to.
haha, no we can't :)

Well, we could, but it'd be a big hassle because we'd have to go through our programmers… So we can, but it's way too much bother.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oh dear.

Well I have some messages to delete…
LOL

The last time I know that any messages had to be looked at was over 4 years ago.
That's how much of a bother it is.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Try it! I got bear balls, on the Louis and Clark trip they shot a bear in his guavas and he still wouldn't go down!

Posted at

Hey Mett, this guy will be kicking in my stead:

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

This guy is kicking for me.
Lets just quit before you can't call yourself a man anymore. Sides, I'm getting surgery on them tomorrow, so you're just saving me cash!

Posted at

Roughly 5 more hours before I'm starting the game. Now would be a good time for last minute sign ups ^^

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Roughly 5 more hours before I'm starting the game.
Ready.

Got my game-face on. Or rather, I have A game-face on.

Posted at

Got my game-face on.
Ah… That reminds me.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

I dont get it.

just smile and nod and you'll be okay

Posted at

Since we only have 18 players, I'm going to have to ditch two of the roles. In order to maintain balance, I will be forgoing a neutral role and a criminal role, resulting in 6 pro townies vs 6 neutrals vs 6 criminals.

Of the neutrals, I was most inclined to get rid of either the paranoid or the raging berserker and after a coin flip, I decided to ditch the paranoid.

Now since I kinda want to include both the twins and Jack the ripper, I decided to get rid of one of the hitman, thus reducing the number of mafia members to 3. However, in order to compensate, I'm going to allow the Godfather to recruit once. Recruiting will not grant the person a kill role but he will retain his original powers. What it will do however is that it turns that person into a criminal (regardless of what alliance he originally had) and will tie his fate with the mafia. He'll win or lose with the mafia. This would allow a pro-townie, or possibly Jack the ripper to join the mafia (Twins cannot be recruited).

Naturally, since the neutrals can share victory with anyone, it's counter productive for them to accept a mafia invite, since it would mean that they can no longer share victory with anyone else. However, the godfather might want to try and use this power on a neutral who is working with him, in order to prevent that person to backstab him later and join another side that happens to be doing better, further down the road.

So is everyone happy with these alterations?

P.S. Naturally, if we'd end up getting couple of last minute sign ups, then we can ignore this particular post.

Edit: Oops! Just found out that there only were 19 roles, since I already deleted the celebrity politician. The Paranoid is back in the list.

frankkerr
frankkerr
Posted at

I dont get it.

just smile and nod and you'll be okay

P.S. Naturally, if we'd end up getting couple of last minute sign ups, then we can ignore this particular post.

Oh and the guys I asked "havent got time" in other words I don't think they could be bothered. Although that's kinda obvious.

Posted at

Working on writing the role PQs. Will probably be slight delay on that.

Game starts in 5 minutes.

P.S. I just found out that there only were 19 roles, since I already deleted the celebrity politician. The Paranoid is back on the list.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ozone for Mayor! Vote for me and I will save our town!

Posted at

Silly Ozone. Campaigning is for the game thread.

Posted at

Ok so how do I join nano~
Nano, as in http://www.nanowrimo.org/ or do you mean how do you join now?

Trust me I would love to let you join but I've already assigned all the roles and the game has started. There will be another game shortly after this one ends, so until then, you're welcome to observe the course of this game.

Posted at

I will sign up for this.

I didn't really last all that long in the first one of these that I did. Hopefully I can keep myself alive for a bit longer on this go-around.

Posted at

Sorry. Game has already started. There will be another game after this one, however. Until then you can lurk and observe the one that's running.

… sigh… Maybe I should have waited one more day. There seems to be tons of potential players crawling out of the woodwork, all of a sudden.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.