Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I was wondering…what's the line between a normal headache and a migraine? Can you tell the difference?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's pretty easy. Some people have the ones with special effects… Like all the ones Usedbooks describes. That's the classic version.

The common version, which is what I get, usually has nausea along with it. Pain is generally severe and restricted to one side of the front of your head… although that's not always the case, it usually is, and it's usually a pulsing pain, but not always. (with the human body nothing is always same:) ) I suppose generally you could say that it can be like the worst hangover imaginable, and it stays at that worst point for a very, very long time.

There are other variations… Milder migraines can last for weeks straight, never going away. Hah, the thing is, the less the pain, the longer they seem to last, which makes you just as crazy

A lot of people get them, they're not rare or special, but most people don't and will never get them, so it's not something you need to worry about. People that do get them though like to whine about it… lol!
I know I do :)

Other types of headache, like cluster headache can actually be worse, but they're quite rare. Tension headache is the most common sort, that's the "normal" kind. They're generally not as bad or long lasting. They can still be pretty bad to have though! But they respond well to very mild painkillers and you can function normally while having them without much impairment.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

In that case, I haven't had any mgraines yet. Just severe headaches.

Yay.

Posted at

with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself.

Why haven't you?

I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

No, they just don't want to hang around some one where one day they'd just say hi to you and you make them explode with your mind.

Posted at

I'd rather die

Please do.

with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself. I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

Did you use your psychic powers?

Anyway, I tend to get headaches when I forget to take my meds. Other than that, they're pretty rare.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself. I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

The truth is when someone is arrogant, other people want to cut him down. It's fine when someone is capable of doing certain things, but a whole other matter when he feels the need to constantly remind everyone of what abilities he has. I'm not going to say it's impossible that you "nearly ripped a guy's head off", but even if that was true; why tell us? Is it a threat? Because I'm pretty sure you're not going to take the time to find all the guys who've poked fun at you on the internet and give them a "Blood Rage" Jay & Silent Bob style. So you're psychic? Big deal. One time I was thinking about a song and then that song came on the radio. It happens. You've gotten real pissed and beaten up some guys? Well, I kicked a guy in the chest once. I'm not going to try and convince people that it's a unique ability. You have a tendency to try and police threads, and to try and sneak in "Awesome" facts about yourself. You're not an arbitrary target; simply put, you're annoying. If you act in real life the same way you act online, I'm not surprised you get picked on.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Please pick on him less.

If Puff or Rutgar spam up the place with their dumb pics again, they're getting warnings. Please guys, keep that in the Top Drawer.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I apologize, I got caught in the moment.

Posted at

I apologize, I got caught in the moment.

Me, too.

Posted at

Alot of migranes are headaches which people have gotten so stressed about theyve developed into migranes

Posted at

Alot of migranes are headaches which people have gotten so stressed about theyve developed into migranes

I'm stressless then:P

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I don't think I can get stressy at all…

Posted at

i can, but i dont want to because theyve got no point :)

bbr
bbr
Posted at

Cheap Wine contains a certain chemical that is known to induce / increase migraines, if you drink wine a lot, make sure you get a "good" brand.

Migraine pains are caused by a reduced amount of oxygen getting to the brain - due to vascular restrictions / stress. It's often given down by genetics.
If its frequent and heavy you should see a doctor, as aside plain migraine, it could obviously be a tumor.

If you frequently suffer from migraines, a "good" brand wine, (no more than 1-2 glasses a day) will thin your blood and allow more blood to reach even the tinner paths in your brain.

Also, avoid cheap wine, be relaxed, get plenty of fresh air, don't get exited,
dont eat too much salt (salt thickens the blood, alcohol thins it), avoid chocolate (dont ask why).
Don't drink too much beer/wine/whatever (alcohol dehydrates the brain, and worsens headaches)

Paracetamol is actually a "bad" thing to use, as it thickens the blood.
You should use a liquid painkiler that doesn't thicken blood.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.