Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Right after i watched spiderman 3 i went around the town center looking for a spidy outfit and the silly string shooters.

Plus im about to play D+D thing

Brook
Brook
Posted at

i talked like Jack sparrow for days after watching pirates 3

Posted at

True Story…

And it started out so nerdy…

When Star Wars Episode 1 came out I went and waited in line for tickets at the local theater. Had to skip work…then they interviewed me on camera. Only afterwards was I like, "Damnit…what if my boss sees?"

Anyway I ended up buying 3 tickets for opening day, plus 3 tickets for about 10 friends. Three showings…first day. What? As a Star Wars fan I was excited to get tickets to the first ever showing!!!

What better way to celebrate!!??!! The day before I convinced all of my friends to stay up all night outside the theater. Why not? We'd bring some Al-Key-Haul with us and have fun. My buddy dressed up like Han Solo…we get to the theater…blankets and chairs and such. Get there about 12 AM. At 2 am people come out of the theater.

"WOW! Star Wars was AWESOME!"

My friends turn to me…I thought you got the first tickets!??!?!?!

I did…but I didn't get them for the midnight showing…DOH!

So everyone is like, "you are staying out all night! You DORKS!" Of course…this was a tough crowd so we were like…"WE'll bomb your house" (we were a bunch of army people…).

Finally this dude stops and he's like…"Going to the strip club? Anyone coming!" My buddy who is dressed like HAN SOLO is like, "Yeah…I'm going." and he went off to the strip club with random guy…yeah…we thought it weird at the time too. So the mall closed down, theater closed down, we are outside drinking, trying to stay warm, security guards are DRINKING with us, laugh…and then a couple hours later my buddy shows up WITH STRIPPERS. Yeah…he took strippers from the strip club to hang out with a bunch of frozen army people outside a mall.

So that was pretty nerdy…but it turned out to be a very interesting night indeed. The next day we saw the flick three times…made it into the local paper and the local news…and pretty much thought Jar-Jar sucked.

shany
shany
Posted at

Nerdiest thing I've done?
Pretend to spy on a guy for my friend. -_-
No… actually… manipulate the lyrics of a song and sing about my friend's crush to her face. HAHA.
I think trying to learn this dance would be considered not have a life… *blush*

Redemption
Redemption
Posted at

Gone to a convention.

I am a nerd failure. <:(

;)

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

i used to qoute shaun of the dead a lot

That just makes you awesome.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Dammit, I want to learn this dance too.

Correction, I am learning this dance. I'm not sure what that says about my masculinity/sexuality, but whatever. :)

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

Well I have a few nerd things to my credit. My biggest nerd weakness though is seeing a movie on midnight the day it comes out. I have been guilty of this multiple times.

Along those lines, my biggest nerd accomplishment is camping out overnight at the theater to get the best seats I could for The Lord of The Rings Trilogy Tuesday. For the uninitiated, it was the extended edition versions of the first two movies followed immediately by the midnight showing of Return of The King. I got there at 11 pm the night before and we got seats at 1 pm the next day. I was third in line. I also got the exact seats I wanted. I have the film strip souvenir to prove it.

Other nerd things:

Level 50 Paladin World of Warcraft (Durotan server, look for Vindibudd)
I have built and upgraded my own pc for the express purpose of playing one particular game.
I am fluent in Mac AND Windows.
I have been doing tech support for 4 years.
I just read all the Harry Potter books back to back to back to back to back to back for the first time.

I wear superhero logo t-shirts.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

Probably tops on my nerd-o-meter is offering to host and design a single webpage for a coworker as a Silent Santa gift (in 2000).

You can only imagine how well that was received!

I still can't believe I did that (thought it was a great idea at the time)!

Next on the list is going to a Star Trek convention in Plano. I did get to meet John DeLancie and my wife asked him about his musical background (he played oboe). It was kind of funny to see the trek convention rib Alexander Siddig about being one-dimensional (this was still in the mid-1990s) as a character on Deep Space Nine.

Posted at

watching the whole series of bleach tokyo mew mew and naruto in japanese

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Playing D&D games for a few months with some friends. I was like 14 or something though. Also I've leveled 3 characters to 60 on world of warcraft, but I havent played that in months.. I also love LotR. :)

grincomics
grincomics
Posted at

I went to school (cicra 98) dressed as Geen Simmons then Batman (both homemade costumes). But the nerdiest thing would have to beat boxing the Emeporeal MArch from STar Wars.

zirnitra
zirnitra
Posted at

I cried after Twilight Princess.

Ok, not full-blown cried, but a few tears and that real uncomfortable feeling you get in your throat when you're about to cry.

Posted at

For the Speech and Debate/Drama competition, I did a one-man show of the scene where Sybok takes Kirk, Spock and McCoy on a tour of their personal pain from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. I brought the original soundtrack to play in the background.

HAM
HAM
Posted at

Went as Gambit to X-men 3. Thankfully, I wasn't alone, but Gambit wasn't in it, and the movie sucked. There was also Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, and Xavier; all of us friends. We even got an old wheelchair from a retirement home for Xavier (he shaved his head, too).

Best part was fooling the people at Burger King into thinking he was really handicapped. Them delivering it to his table. And then as we were leaving, him getting up and walking out.

Rori
Rori
Posted at

This is an impossible question that will only lead to sorrow. So instead I will tell you the most recent nerdliest thing: while shopping for tile in Home Depot, my friend and I had a detailed conversation on the merits of turning a tile scraper (the big kind) into a zombie-killing tool. It was a weekend, there were many people around, no matter.

edit: I just got really excited that my post count was 42. NERD ALERT!!!!

HAM
HAM
Posted at

This is an impossible question that will only lead to sorrow. So instead I will tell you the most recent nerdliest thing: while shopping for tile in Home Depot, my friend and I had a detailed conversation on the merits of turning a tile scraper (the big kind) into a zombie-killing tool. It was a weekend, there were many people around, no matter.

edit: I just got really excited that my post count was 42. NERD ALERT!!!!

Haha, I've had so many conversations like that, it's not even funny. I mean, come on, it's a serious discussion.

Posted at

I believe that the nerdiest thing I have ever done is when I bought all of this Harry Potter fan stuff. I still have it!

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Used to be into DARKSTALKERS - The video game…

THEN I heard it was an actual MANGA series before it was a video game. So it escalated - I started youtube-ing for episodes and killed about 2 hours that I will NEVER get back watching the low quality episodes on my laptop when I should have been…I don't know, grading work from my students.

Nerd factor has officially increased once I hunted down the entire series and purchased it online a month ago.

CLOSE 2nd most NERDIEST thing:
Playing UNREAL TOURNAMENT all day at a w00t camp and drinking an energy drink (I thik it was called Ballz) for sustenance.

Summer job running a technology camp…had a great time actually! Skipped every meal except lunch - ordered pizza at 11 PM.

Posted at

Collecting EVERY variant cover of Michael Turner's Soulfire and getting every one signed by everybody that worked on them.

That took many eBay auctions and multiple conventions.

Rori
Rori
Posted at

Haha, I've had so many conversations like that, it's not even funny. I mean, come on, it's a serious discussion.

I'm not surprised! You know your zombies. This is important, for the zompocalypse is nigh!!!
And yes, it IS serious.

Man, I think zombie nerdliness accounts for at least 26.7% of my annual GNP.

Posted at

i remember in like grade 7 i asked this girl to dance at a dance and she said yes and then i just chickened out and ran away. she was like the hottest girl in school but i must've had a fuse go off in my head and i panicked or some crap. that's pretty sad.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.