Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

I change mine all the time. For a long time, it would be to anything, but lately I've been trying to stick to an Ace Frehley theme. Which is hard sometimes, currently i'm trying to figure out how to keep to the theme because lately I've wanted to use Grover from Sesame Street. I tried an animation that switches from the grover pic to the Ace av, but it looks bizzare and non-sequitor… so I may just use an Ace watermark on the Grover pic.

*Useless Randal trivia: Favorite Sesame Street muppet? Grover*
*Useless Randal trivia note: As a kid, it was Ernie, but he's been bumped to #2*

idea…Grover in Ace makeup.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I already thought about that, but it defeats the purpose of sweet innocent, naive Grover, so I nixxed it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I dunno, but people who know me do consider me a fanny. Is that of any help?
You made me choke on my coffee! …in Australia a "fanny" is a vagina…

Posted at

I dunno, but people who know me do consider me a fanny. Is that of any help?
You made me choke on my coffee! …in Australia a "fanny" is a vagina…

Hence the reason I giggle like a small child whenever I see his name. it means vagina over here as well.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I try to stay true to the Joker thing, since I know people recognize me as that. I was a bit surprised to see how many people I hardly talk to on here actually pick me off the tops of their heads as the Joker, so that tells me I'm doing something right.

Lately though I've been changing it to the new images of the Joker as a way to show I'm hyped for The Dark Knight. I'll revert back to the Nicholson Joker in time, I'm sure.

I often think of Terminal as a soda can, Ozone as, well, himself, and Bekefel as Adam Ant. Volte's stands out a lot to me as well, and Spang's avatar is just too kick ass not to remember.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My fave Lefarce avi was Dice from LeFarce. :)

Posted at

I'll give you a hint: I'm not RoboCop! lol!

But yeah, I also imagine people as their avatars. I normally have a pic of myself, because of this, but RoboCop is just so sexy I couldn't resist.

Posted at

so does this mean that people see me as some mysterious dancing female shadow up against a disco-like backdrop?

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

Yes. :)

so does this mean that people see me as some mysterious dancing female shadow up against a disco-like backdrop?

Posted at

I generally associate people with their avatars… Though sometimes I picture them with their old avatars. I'll always see Volte as the duck, even if he has some kid now.

And Aurora, I still associate you with that 3-D Elf-looking avatar you used to have. lol!

Posted at

And Aurora, I still associate you with that 3-D Elf-looking avatar you used to have. lol!

lol and now I use her for Aurora Lessons…
an tutorial comic.

Posted at

I identify myself with my avatar. I become angered when I look in the mirror and don't see Pac-Man.

Posted at

I identify myself with my avatar. I become angered when I look in the mirror and don't see Pac-Man.

Me too, whenever I remembered I wasn't really Ian Anderson I had to cry in the corner for a while.

New one makes me feel good about myself though.

Posted at

Of course, I don't have that problem…

…Because I really am a crazy cyclops demon.

Posted at

Is that what you are Lizard_Bite? I always assumed you were some kind of egg yolk man with a party going on inside his cranium. :P

Posted at

Is that what you are Lizard_Bite? I always assumed you were some kind of egg yolk man with a party going on inside his cranium. :P

Oh, don't be ridiculous. Egg yolks don't have nostrils. lol!

Posted at

No comment

(Wait, no comment is a comment, right… which means I haveto say… comment… but that means I have to leave one… and 'comment' by itself isn't really a comment…
…now I'm really confused)

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

No comment

(Wait, no comment is a comment, right… which means I haveto say… comment… but that means I have to leave one… and 'comment' by itself isn't really a comment…
…now I'm really confused)
PARADOX =O

Yeah, I tend to identify people by their avatars. And you know, I do picture Terminal as a Coke can, Shplane as a Black Mage Nazi, and I even always picture Pastel as Lila from her comic, to name a few…
It's also easier for me to recognize some people at first by their avvies, so I tend to get confused if they change it a lot (until I'm used to the kind of stuff they post, then I know.)

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Yeah, I identify alot of people by their avi. Midge, Terminal, Shplane, Zero, etc. It makes it easier for me to glance at an avi ,in order to tell who the person is, instead of having to read their name constantly. If I see an avi I don't recognize I get confused and think "oh hey a new person" then glance at their name and go "…oh…" but if the person changes their avi to something similar to their previous one then it's not that confusing. Course..I'm one of the few that's constantly changing their avi but I tend to try to change to different "self portraits".

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

I don't think people look like their avatars but I normally do think they are the gender of their avatar. And normally I'm wrong. I should know better.

Posted at

I've never seen a real pic of Marin

Heres a pic of me:

I'm all personality and no person.

I've met Marine.

I am now blind and have to be fed through a tube every six hours.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.