Moonlight meanderer
Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Winner. It is indeed a mushroom.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

You have an unmarked, transparent single gallon jar of water, and you have to pour exactly half of it into a jar that is only 3/4 of a gallon, AND opaque so you can't see how much water is inside. Without using anything to measure or weigh it, how can you tell when you have poured exactly half into the second jar?
Is this a trick question? Is the answer simply pour untill you can see that the jar is half empty because the one gallon jar is transparent?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Is this a trick question? Is the answer simply pour untill you can see that the jar is half empty because the one gallon jar is transparent?

Since no one's answered, the closest you can get to knowing if its exactly half is by stopping when the water is level with the lip and the elevated bottom end of the jar.

Posted at

The answer is "Patoborracho." ^.~

Oh my! you´re right!

one more:

What Animal eats with its tail?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Oh my! you´re right!

one more:

All animals with tails?

Posted at

Oh my! you´re right!

one more:

All animals with tails?

Damn! that was too easy!! XD

ok… ummmmmmmm

1 1 1 =6
2 2 2 =6
3 3 3 =6
4 4 4 =6
5 5 5 =6
6 6 6 =6
7 7 7 =6
8 8 8 =6

found correct ecuation

example

2 2 2 =6
answer
2+2+2=6

and

3 3 3=6
answer
3x3-3=6

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

My niece told me this one….

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

Prank
Prank
Posted at

Anyone can roast beef. Only I can pee soup.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

You better go see a doctor. And relieving yourself must be painful and burning… But that's almost the right answer. :)

waff
waff
Posted at

You better go see a doctor. And relieving yourself must be painful and burning… But that's almost the right answer. :)
isn't peasoup another name for london smog?

Posted at

a roast beef it´s solid, a pea soup is…. liquid?

ey! nobody did my question! first a did it too easy, now I did it too lazy to do it! :p

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

anyone can roast beef noone can pea soup.

math stuff

1 1 1 =6 <-this is hard.

2+2+2 =6
3x3-3 =6
(squareroot of 4)+(squareroot of 4)+(squareroot of 4) =6
(5/5)+5 =6
(6-6)+6 =6
[(7/7)-7] =6
8-(squareroot of(squareroot of 8+8)) =6

You have two pieces of string that if you were to burn one of them at one end, the whole string would be burnt in exactly one hour. Without cutting those strings, how would you measure exactly 45 minutes just by burning them?

you fold in half, then half again. each fold is 15 mins, burn 3 folds.

stuff

Its either the Norwegian has the fish or no one- they never said the 5th animal was a fish. Or i'm wrong. There's that too.

If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?

100 cats, because once the cat has a mouse already why would it want another?

Posted at

stuff
Its either the Norwegian has the fish or no one- they never said the 5th animal was a fish. Or i'm wrong. There's that too.
While it's true that the fish is not mentioned in the clues, it's still a part of the answer. It's not a trick question.

I solved this myself before posting it and (grudgingly) had to do it again to confirm if you were correct or not but according to my papers, it's not the Norwegian.

The best way to figure this out is to make a graph where you put in all the known variables (like the Norwegian lives furthest to the left, the person in the middle drinks milk, etc). Then put the clues that fit best, next to those facts. Then put the clues the fit the best, next to those. Think of it as a Suduko with words instead of numbers.
If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?
100 cats, because once the cat has a mouse already why would it want another?
That's true, if it's supposed to be a trick question. Otherwise the three original cat's will suffice (since the three of them seem quite capable at capturing a mouse, every minute).

Since this thread was resurrected, here's another riddle. Now don't go and solve this by looking it up (that's cheating).

I'm more powerful then God.
More evil then the Devil.
The rich need me,
The poor have me
and if you eat me, you will die.
What am I?

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Anyone can roast beef no one can pea soup.

math stuff

(1+1+1)! = 6
2+2+2 = 6
3x3-3 = 6
(4-4/4)! = 6
5+5/5 = 6
6+6-6 = 6
7-7/7 = 6
(sqrt(8+8/8))! = 6

You have two pieces of string that if you were to burn one of them at one end, the whole string would be burnt in exactly one hour. Without cutting those strings, how would you measure exactly 45 minutes just by burning them?

Burn both ends of the first string, and one end of the second string at the same time. After the first string completely burns (30 mins.), light the remaining end of the second string which will have burned have the material already. After the second string completely burns (15 mins.), exactly 45 minutes will have elapsed.

If 3 mice can catch 3 mice in 3 minutes, then 1 cat can catch 1 mouse in 3 minutes, which means one cat can catch mice at a rate of 1/3 of a mouse per minute. That means one cat can catch 33 and 1/3 mice in 100 minutes. Ultimately, 3 cats can catch 100 mice in 100 minutes.

Since this thread was resurrected, here's another riddle. Now don't go and solve this by looking it up (that's cheating).

I'm more powerful then God.
More evil then the Devil.
The rich need me,
The poor have me
and if you eat me, you will die.
What am I?

Nothing.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Pirate Riddle

Five pirates find a treasure chest containing 500 gold coins. The pirates decide to use a process to see how they should split this gold. First, one pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. If at least half of the five pirates agree with this plan, then this is how the gold will be split. Otherwise, that pirate will be killed and another pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. This process is continued until at least half of the remaining living pirates agree on a plan.

As the first pirate up, how would you appropriate the gold in order to get the most money without being killed? Keep in mind that the other four pirates are incredibly smart and will also need sound reasoning on your part in order for them to vote for you. Also, this is not a trick question. Logic can and should be used in solving the answer.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Pirate Riddle

Five pirates find a treasure chest containing 500 gold coins. The pirates decide to use a process to see how they should split this gold. First, one pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. If at least half of the five pirates agree with this plan, then this is how the gold will be split. Otherwise, that pirate will be killed and another pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. This process is continued until at least half of the remaining living pirates agree on a plan.

As the first pirate up, how would you appropriate the gold in order to get the most money without being killed? Keep in mind that the other four pirates are incredibly smart and will also need sound reasoning on your part in order for them to vote for you. Also, this is not a trick question. Logic can and should be used in solving the answer.

split the gold 3 ways
100 you, 149 second pirate(still gets more gold then you, and gets to live as the odds of 2 vs 1 is better (on the third turn)then 2 vs 2), 251(the third pirate, can't get a better deal) Also mention how 3 vs 2 is better odds then 2 vs 2 in a fight when the deal goes sour after the 2 other pirates get gyped the next turn…

PP… I think this fits the rules though… Where did i mess up?

fish cat dog horse parrot
t.mix prince dunhill bl.mast pallm.
coffee water milk beer tea
green blue yellow red white
Norway German Swede Brit.s Dane

Posted at

PP… I think this fits the rules though… Where did i mess up?

fish cat dog horse parrot
t.mix prince dunhill bl.mast pallm.
coffee water milk beer tea
green blue yellow red white
Norway German Swede Brit.s Dane
D. The Green house is to the left of the white house. (The Green house is supposed to be next to the white house, on it's left side (my mistake for not making it clearer).

Posted at

You have an unmarked, transparent single gallon jar of water, and you have to pour exactly half of it into a jar that is only 3/4 of a gallon, AND opaque so you can't see how much water is inside. Without using anything to measure or weigh it, how can you tell when you have poured exactly half into the second jar?

I have heard a similar version that I could figure out where there were 3 jars, rather than two, but I don't know the answer to this one.

yeah, that version was in Die Hard with A Vengeance. Good movie, good movie

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Where can you see a plough inside of a bear that points towards the North?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

In my basement.
I can explain everything. D:

Posted at

There are 2 rooms, one with 3 light bulbs mounted on the wall, one with 3 switches. Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.

These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot see inside the other. The room with the 3 switches has 1 switch connected to 1 light bulb in the other room. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You start out in the room with the switches. You can only go into the room with the light bulbs once. How do you find out which switch goes to which light bulb?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

There are 2 rooms, one with 3 light bulbs mounted on the wall, one with 3 switches. Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.

These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot see inside the other. The room with the 3 switches has 1 switch connected to 1 light bulb in the other room. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You start out in the room with the switches. You can only go into the room with the light bulbs once. How do you find out which switch goes to which light bulb?
Hmm, I'm guessing you turn one on, wait a long long time until it goes out, then turn another on.
Go in, see which ones gone and broken, and you know which switch that is. Check which one is on, and you know that one too. Then you can guess the other by process of elimination.

…Or do we not have time to wait? >_>

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Pirate Riddle

split the gold 3 ways
100 you, 149 second pirate(still gets more gold then you, and gets to live as the odds of 2 vs 1 is better (on the third turn)then 2 vs 2), 251(the third pirate, can't get a better deal) Also mention how 3 vs 2 is better odds then 2 vs 2 in a fight when the deal goes sour after the 2 other pirates get gyped the next turn…

There's a better way in which you can get over 99% of the gold.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Turn on two switches, wait a minute, then turn off one of them. Then, go to the room with the bulbs. The lit bulb will be from the switch you left on, the unlit bulb that feels warm will be from the switch you left on for a minute then turned off, and the last bulb will be from the switch you didn't touch.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

In my basement.
I can explain everything. D:
I knew I was making it too hard!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.