Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lba
lba
Posted at

If being a vote mod and potential judge doesn't already disqualify me from further activity, I'll be more than happy to fill a slot as a presenter.

Posted at

OK I'm in! I sent you a PQ Amanda but my PQs don't always go through so I decided to chim in here as well.

Posted at

So we'll get the assigned catergory sometime tomorrow? When we we be expected to have it completed and sent to you by?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

You'll be assigned a category no later than Wednesday, Aug 13. That gives us plenty of time to tally votes ^.^ I'm hoping for a faster-than-Wednesday assignment, but we'll see how it goes.

After that, you'll have some time to put together the presentations up to the last panel or so (that's reserved for the winner - and we won't know those for a week or two - I'll keep people posted per category). Ideally, everything will be done by the end of August, and I'll be able to start posting awards presentations on the first of September.

Posted at

So it is gonna announce the winner on the page? I like how they did it last year… Where the page ended with "the winner is" and then there was a bar below with the winning comic.

Posted at

whoah, geez, I've been away for a week or so, should I be getting assigned a category soon?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Warped, that might be a good idea - it would also help people get their presentations done faster…without revealing the winners until the very end. We'll go that route.

Bitten, no worries. We're still tallying/narrowing down to the finalists.

ejworks
ejworks
Posted at

Hey, Amanda, if you still need a presenter I'd be happy to do one or two. What are left, if any? I just don't want to do eichi/Adult or yaoi/yuri or anything like that.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

EJ, I've added you to the list - thanks for volunteering!

Heads up, guys! I'll be posting the finalists AND PQ-ing your categories to you throughout the day. Be patient with me - I'm doing this stealthily while I'm at work ^.^

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

is there any room left.
would love to help.
Let me know.

Posted at

seems my pqs wont go through. well, just wanted to let ya know that I know what I'm doing now, and I'd love to chip in and make any other pages that need doing too.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I have the same problem as Bittenbymonk… my PQ's don't seem to be going through.\

Anyway… I'll get to it as soon as I can.

And if you need someone to do Parody/Tribute, I can do that as well! :)

Posted at

I emailed mine already… Please let me know when you get it.

Posted at

Are these just limited to 1 page? I think I remember some with more than one… but my memory generally sucks =p

Tried to PQ you but I got a tiki mail error. You need to PQ Spang and let him know that DD thinks you are under 13 as far as PQs go.

You better be over 13… or I'm in trouble! O_O

amanda
amanda
Posted at

JNP, why would you be in trouble? XD I'm well over 13. About 7x that, actually…

Kidding, kidding. Heh, I'm the ripe old age of 25. I'll PQ SpANG and let him know what's up.

THAT BEING SAID! If you signed up for a page and you did NOT get a PQ from me today with your assigned category, let me know in this thread! I'm hoping they all went through.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Hey, amanda, what kind of "rating" are we talking about for the presentations? Are we going Disney-level kid-friendly? Or prime-time appropriate (mild cursing or "saucy" )?

(I'm fine with anything. I just need to know how to gauge my lame jokes.)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

:o Oh lol looks like I'm too late. Oh well, there's always next year~

Posted at

no crocty NO! i think there are still pages that need presenters.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I already PQed this to UsedBooks, but for general reference, try to keep your presentations at a T+ level. I recognize that some presentations will want/need to push that boundary depending on the category, but I ask that you don't go above an M rating. ^.^

There are still about 13 categories that could use volunteers! (Help me out so I don't have to do *all* of them, hehe.)

Posted at

i already said I'll do another, presenting the greatest category just aint enough for my giant ego.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

There are still about 13 categories that could use volunteers! (Help me out so I don't have to do *all* of them, hehe.)
:U
Well okay then.

Just uhh…Put me down for something easy…and uhh…that won't be posted until near the end…I take a while. D:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.