Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

'Ko' 'mra' 'deDa' 've'

It's Alcortian for 'Rock you like a hurricane.'

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

To tj: I don't see how they could do that…
Neither do I! But I've frequently been asked how the words were supposed to be separated.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Neh-sea-ah

I made up the name, so I reserve the right to pronounce it as I see fit regardless of the proper sounds the letters make.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Neh-sea-ah

I made up the name, so I reserve the right to pronounce it as I see fit regardless of the proper sounds the letters make.
In Italian i think you'd pronounce that "Ni-CHee-a"

People often just call me "Oz", or "ozone", both of which are great :)
"Ocean" is a little weirder, and "OceanOzone" has me scratching my head a little, but neither is bad.
"OO" however takes me a while to grasp the meaning. Two "O"s look like eyes or boobs something rather than two letters so it's not always an obvious initial.

Peoeple all pronounce my nick right, but due to region accents it can sound unexpected and entertaining. I used to love the way Black-Kitty would say it 'OH-sone", and Creepy-Carly says "OH-Zone"
The Australian way to say "Oz" is "oZ" whereas the American way seems to be more emphasis on the "O" to make it almost "Orrz" or "AWz".

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Oh wow, I always thought it was There-Alt-J. I think it's because no one understands you're trying to say TJ, so they have to put the t somewhere.

Some people think I am Miai, as in "mee-ai"… which sounds somewhat feminine. So they thought I'm female. Especially since I didn't use an obviously masculine avatar.

So I changed my avatar to a growling grey wolf. Didn't work. I guess because lots of girls like to use wolf avatars? So now I use my current avatar which gives no false impressions.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Phonetic alphabet: BRA-vo. For the number it really isn't eleven-oh-two, it's actually One-one-oh-second or even First-one-oh-second. But it doesn't matter just so long as you don't do one thousand, one hundred and two. lol!

'Cause that's how you pronounce: B 1/102 is BRA-vo First-one-oh-second.

ramlama
ramlama
Posted at

That made me look it up on youtube… and I realized, the song I had in mind was actually… (video)
ha- this makes me one of the few people in the world to have not one, but two catchy jingles where my name is shortly followed by the phrase "ding dong." That's kinda like winning the lottery, right?

So now I use my current avatar which gives no false impressions.
Lol. After some of my ex's, that avatar looks perfectly feminine to me :p

Posted at

People don't really have difficulty pronouncing my name, although it seems there are occasionally people that have the impression that the double O is supposed to be pronounced in some special way. Deiudstormer. Daudstormer.

There's also the issue where people keep spelling it Doomstormer, which drives me absolutely insane.

Posted at

So I changed my avatar to a growling grey wolf. Didn't work. I guess because lots of girls like to use wolf avatars? So now I use my current avatar which gives no false impressions.

I always knew it was mlai, but for some reason thought your avatar was the bad rat from Nimh.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Fahl-yadt.

It came from the name of an alien species I created when Mahlaste was in it's VERY early form (Called Inhuman before I discivered there was already stuff called that). I was 13 when I did that in a 74 page handwritten epic for school based on what I was already working on for simplicity. Back when it was supernatural sci-fi and the protagonist was a 16 year old Canadian septuplet, half vampire, half alien assassin that treated constant, bloody brushes with death like a mild annoyance.

What did the alien race look like?

Imagine if Fumoffu was a pink, armless bunny…

…Then make it be able to rot through that disguise at will and become a pulsating fleshy mass with bony arms sprouting out of its back.

Ultimately the antagonist that was part of that species suffered death by moths.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I always knew it was mlai, but for some reason thought your avatar was the bad rat from Nimh.

I swear he is too.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

(Cute / te) + poll = how to pronounce my alias :D

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

(Cute / te) + poll = how to pronounce my alias :D
Oh, we already know. The government has produced numerous videos taken of you properly pronouncing every one of your aliases, including Kyupol. :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.