Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Just another video link to cheer everyone up…

And wow… this guy looks cheap.

Kermit News On Six Dollar Man

Now if an army deployed these as soldiers…
OMG I saw that bit first broadcast as a little'un!  It's old with Jim Henson as Kermit.  I wonder if they recycled it with Bunsen Honeydew and Muppet Labs on the Muppet Show?

Love the Muppets.  Thank you.

I have been doing my utmost to keep my wife home and resting.  She's been doing toomuch running around and is in tons of pain because of that.  So time to slow down dear and put your foot up!

Got some costumes for the action figures today.  The envelope was open all the way from Hong Kong but nothing was missing.  But then who would want black and grey business suits for Cy Girls?  There's tons of coveralls and trench coats, Punk outfits and corsets with swords and guns but a dearth of business suits. 

Posted at

Gahh its that weird week inbetween Christmas and New Year again. I am so bored.
Anyone know any jokes? Mustn't start playing WoW again. Do something constructive…

How hard is knitting? I may take it up. I could use a scarf.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

you could knit a story onto a scarf and photograph it then post it here on DD…
jokes…
If prison taught me one thing, it was that fist can be a verb.

AlceX
AlceX
Posted at

Those bunnies are so cute. Cheered me up.
My grandfather is currently in the hospital. He doesn't seem to be in a critical state, but the problem is that nobody has an idea of what he has. He can barely lift his arms and move his legs, and that's pretty much what we know. My grandfather has generally been a pretty healthy guy, so my optimist side keeps telling me he'll get better, but who knows…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

@AlceX - I hope your grandfather will be OK.  A hospital is just not a fun place to be.

Bunnies and jokes seem like a good idea.  Here's a joke sent to me recently:

All Saints Lutheran Church has a weekly husbands’ marriage seminar. At the session last week, the Pastor asked Ole Westrum, who was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

“Vell,” Ole replied to the assembled husbands, “I’ve tried to treat her nice, spend da money on her, but best of all, I took her to Norvay for da 20th anniversary!”

The Pastor responded, “Ole, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your 50th anniversary.” Ole proudly replied, “I’m a-gonna go get her!”

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

well this thread is for the chopping block in a day or two, who wil get the last word?  My money is on school monkey.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
well this thread is for the chopping block in a day or two, who wil get the last word?  My money is on school monkey.
good possibility.  I think a CFer might take a run for it - quite up seventy2's alley

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Good joke there!

As to the thread, last time I complained about the arbitrary yearly locking, so this tome when the thread was started, the date wasn't included (e.g. 2011 rant thread).
So this one will NOT be locked at the end of the year! ^_^

The locking of long threads has some stupid history… When the site was first custom redesigned by Volte years ago, the forums had a silly bug in them so that when you were writing a reply post every single post in the thread, along with all the accompanying posted images and videos were loaded in the post preview pane… Which meant that the DD servers would suddenly be delivering you megabytes upon megabytes of data from the slow old databases, and that meant that the longer a thread was, the longer it took to load a reply so it wasn't worth it. So locking long threads was the only way.
Used to be HELL with the photo threads.

We haven't had that stupid issue for years now, but the tradition stuck because we kept doing those yearly titles and with the forums then you couldn't change titles… Now we can though, so there are no issues that way either.

So, this will not be arbitrarily locked. :)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well… there goes one "tradition".  Which begs the question… how long can this thread last before some software limitation kicks in?

Posted that bunny vid link because the thread was starting to become depressing with bad things happening to everyone and all.  Not something we need during the Holidays.  And with that in mind…

Sleepy Baby Bunny

Let this old year go to sleep and the new year awaken!  :)

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

imo, I'd like to see a new thread for the 2012 moans and groans, jokes and bunnies.  And leave what happened in 2011, in 2011 (like Vegas).

besides - I think it would be fun to see who manages to get the last post of 2011.

Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
besides - I think it would be fun to see who manages to get the last post of 2011.

I think we all know that's gonna be Oz, as he comes by to lock this thread. The time zones are working in his favor. He'll be among the last people to live in the year 2011.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Actually I'm ahead of almost everyone on DD… I dunno who's further ahead? New Zealanders, maybe Japanese? Some people in eastern Russia?

gullas
gullas
Posted at

don't forget the Samoans, they recently changed their time zone to match the Australians… 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, there are various Island peoples I think… Oceanians? Melanesians? Polynesians? I dunno… There are many!

Ow, I have bone deep aches in both wrists. I would love to think it was something tangible like arthritis  (even though that'd be crap), but I fear it's more likely to be part of that trapped nerve thing around my neck/shoulder-blade and the pain in my wrists is just deferred…

So that means even though I feel aches and pains in them, there's nothing really wrong with them and I can't do anything to relieve it either.
Heh, maybe the answer is better posture or something…

———————
Close this thread?  You know a new one will be on like a max of 4 maybe 5 pages for the whole of 2012 don't you?

But I agree with your wishes. It will be locked and a new one made. ^_^

I don't want to lock the photo thread, but will of course if you guys want it.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I think we can equal or surpass 2011, think of the amount of down time we had early on.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heh, I can't recall. All the problems just mered into one angry blob for me with Tim's face on it…

Well Happy new Year DD!
Imma go to bed now…. so tired. I've been up since 10pm last night (friday) after sleeping most of Friday with a migraine. Got an hour or two sleep in between but it's still been a looooooong day for me. -Currently 12:04am on Sunday morning, 2012.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Happy New Year, ozone! Hope 2012 arrived alright! No spoilers, please, future-person!
Hope you feel better.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Ozone can't reply, the world ended.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Annnnnnd, the world has restarted!
After 12 hours of nothingness, I wake into a bright new year…

Hmm, It's lunch time, in THE FUTURE!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

*sigh* another year… alone…  Oh, well… at least I'm as free as a bird without a guilded cage… :)

And with that I'll be playing The Sims 3… and watch the Sim I'm directing live the kind of life most of us dream of…  (he's a writer and writes best selling books pretty frequently).  :)

Maybe I should create Sim versions of my fellow Duckers and see how they'll work in town…  Or not.  Too many wild things could happen (such as Skoolmunkee scaring away most of them after being turned into a ghost)…  >:-D

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I can haz last poast?

OH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR  ducks, ducklings (ugly and beautifull) and to all of you quackers :P

on a side note, we should start a hockey team and call it The Mighty Du- no wait, that's already taken :(

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

gullas wrote:
I can haz last poast?
Doll-baby - from the timestamp I see, looks like youz gets first poast  :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR All!  So far, 2012 feels great!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.