Moonlight meanderer
KDog
KDog
Posted at

I use Firefox. IE sucks.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well anyway. I'm assured that this will be handled.

megan_rose
megan_rose
Posted at

Yeah, I use Firefox and it too shows me these ads. I've actually decided never to shop at Circuit City ever again for having such awful ads.
But yeah, any ad that goes outside its designated ad space shouldn't be allowed. They paid for a 726x88 space, but use flash that takes up the whole screen. Cheaters!

But I've seen these popping up all over the web, not just here. They are the most annoying thing ever.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

But yeah, any ad that goes outside its designated ad space shouldn't be allowed. They paid for a 726x88 space, but use flash that takes up the whole screen. Cheaters!
Exactly. This is why the ad isn't part of the proper package. But it's taking ages for it to be removed for some reason. Hmm…

json
json
Posted at

YAY!! THERE IS THAT F***ING Wii REMOTE AS I TYPE THIS!!!!

funny how this issue is almost over a week old and still hasn't been handled. i don't wanna point fingers at PS, but i can now begin to see where all the animosity stems from.

so, as i sit here drinking my beer, waiting for the damned Wii remote to find it's way back into its paid-for designated space, i find myself wondering what the f**k these guys were thinking by making this ad. it goes beyond "in your face" extremism to straight up "anny the living piss out of you, good luck trying to click on ANY links on this page, sucker" facism. did circuit city think by creating this over the top, retarded ads they would increase their buyer rates? do they think that if they annoy potential customers enough with these ads, that i might be so inclined to choose their retail location to purchase a PS3? do they really think that when i'm trying to read my daily funny pages, but instead i see some cavemen with digital cameras walking across what i am trying to read and i get so jonesed that i want to stop reading, hop on the bus down to my local CC and buy all the featured cameras?

if anything, i would venture to say that this ad capaign of their's has had the opposite effect here. i had never really shopped at a CC very often because their store layout was not very shopper friendly, their supply of games and cds lackluster at best for higher prices, and their locations not worth the extra drive. but thanks to this ad campaign, i have vowed to never shop there again. seems as though it was pretty counter productive to me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Let's start an anti CC campaign :)
We could have a comic about how much they suck, Youtube vids parodying the crap ads, a facebook group for people who hate them… etc.

See, I've never had the displeasure of seeing these things, or shopping there or whatever, but it shits me second hand because I have to deal with this stuff… and this is the second time. Mayybe the third, I don't know anymore.
So yeah, campaign? ^_^

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I'm in!!! I won't be makin' the comic though :P. Someone else can do that.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

I wouldn't object to a sudden onslaught of angry E-mails, either, but I don't think they'd do jack unless we got people going with the flow in Ozone's campaign.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I'M IN!….will there be beer?

Posted at

Exactly. This is why the ad isn't part of the proper package. But it's taking ages for it to be removed for some reason. Hmm…
The proper ad is 726x88 = 63888 pixels.
Average/minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 = 786432 pixels.

That's about 1230% of what they're paying for. well, charge them 12 times per click/display.
Or more, considering the growing amount of widescreen/higher resolution screens.

json
json
Posted at

The proper ad is 726x88 = 63888 pixels.
Average/minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 = 786432 pixels.

That's about 1230% of what they're paying for. well, charge them 12 times per click/display.
Or more, considering the growing amount of widescreen/higher resolution screens.

HA! that's funny. if only CC could charge them that much. ironicaly, i don't even LOOK at the CC page when it loads, i instantly close it.

json
json
Posted at

Let's start an anti CC campaign :)
We could have a comic about how much they suck, Youtube vids parodying the crap ads, a facebook group for people who hate them… etc.

See, I've never had the displeasure of seeing these things, or shopping there or whatever, but it shits me second hand because I have to deal with this stuff… and this is the second time. Mayybe the third, I don't know anymore.
So yeah, campaign? ^_^

count me in.

junoblairb
junoblairb
Posted at

You mean this is STILL a problem?
I reported this a while ago…

Yeah, I've been hit by three different advertisers' rich media content ads. There's not only Circuit City but a few others extending out of the ad space as well. I'll try make a note of them next time I see them. It's honestly getting to a point where I'd rather not even visit the site. :( Automatic rich media is the total suck - I hope the problem can be fixed sooner or later.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

I dunno, fellas, but it looks like our prayers (Or complaints, as the case may be) have been answered - after reading this topic again, I realized I haven't been pestered by a CC ad yet, so I started clicking on random posts just to see if any would pop up, and so far there've been no CC ads to speak of!

megan_rose
megan_rose
Posted at

I thought they were gone, but then I just got one again. Hm…

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

Strange. I never get those kinds of ADS. I use firefox too though.

Damn it! I feel left out! Give me some of those annoying ads!!! lol!

json
json
Posted at

yeah, so, i switched to firefox so i don't have to get those annoying ads anymore. :(

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

We had this trouble with exactly these same ads before. It's the advertiser who's screwing us here, they KNOW they're not allowed to put that shit into rotation and yet they still do it anyway…

I've seen those annoying rollover ads in a lot of places lately. Mostly non-DD webcomic sites like Least I Could Do–the ads automatically open as soon as you go to the website. It used to be you had to roll your mouse over the banner for it to activate–not anymore. I hope this isn't the "new popup".

megan_rose
megan_rose
Posted at

Heh. Circuit City just filed for bankruptcy. They spent all their money on buying annoying ads, so they had to go out of business.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My theory is that it was our vengeful thoughts…

Posted at

I use Firefox and I still see these ads. They went away for a short period and then came back. But there not as constant or big this time so I guess its okay…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.