Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Shopping This Friday...... (Trying to calm down)

Posted at

(Does this even fit into the "ranting" category?)

I'm kind of stressed out trying to catch up with my comics..
(Even though it should be easy, right?)
I thought I could just come in and see what everyone's plans were for Thanksgiving.
Just to get my mind to a less stressed state…

I'm planning on going shopping with family on Friday…
Though I don't think anyone around here cares what I do? ^^;

Anyway, Thanks for listening to my moment of random!

-Lauren

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Well Thanksgiving was quite a while ago here in Canada…so I will be not celebrating Thanksgiving.

Posted at

I get to go to work on black friday. I get to text my wife orders of what I want her to buy. I hate black friday so i'm kinda glad i just get to sit at my command center and give buying orders. mwhahaha.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I'm going to go shopping on Black Friday…

If I don't make it, tell my Mother I was killed fighting off Nazi's. Not by angery shoppers…

Posted at

I was going to go shopping on Friday but my lovely work decided that we don't get Christmas bonus this year, which sucks. They don't pay us for holidays we accumalte vacation time SLOWLY which is also what we have to use as holiday pay. During the winter we are lucky if we get 20 hours a week because its a rock quarry and if the ground is to frozen we can't work, if it snows we can't work, rain no work…. the christmas bonus is how we survive winter, its how we pay bills and they just screwed every employee…no Bonus=No Gifts :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow Mushy… that's a hard life :(

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

my wife's still trying to convince me. i'm not so sure it's a good idea. if only i had a little more wiggle room to fit some washer and dryer into the budget….

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I feel more sorry for the turkeys. This is a genocidal holiday for them….

oh… and I just learned that if a jet fighter buzzes a turkey farm a lot of the birds die instantly from sonic boom triggered heart attacks…

Anyway, HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! X)

y'know? there's a seasonal comic idea in there somewhere…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I feel more sorry for the turkeys. This is a genocidal holiday for them….

oh… and I just learned that if a jet fighter buzzes a turkey farm a lot of the birds die instantly from sonic boom triggered heart attacks…

Anyway, HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! X)

y'know? there's a seasonal comic idea in there somewhere…

That's a lot more humane than the head on the block. I think we should have the USAF buzz all the turkey farms before Thanksgiving.

Black Friday… dress all in black, go to work and do a 12-16 hour shift. Thankfully I no longer work in retail. :)

Combat is easier than shopping on Black Friday.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

My roommates loved to shop on black Friday. Not me. Ugh. The only fun part of that is listening to people on the bus tell their war stories about battling over the last something at Toys R Us. It'd take a heck of a sale to get me out of the house on Friday…

Actually, I can't leave the house Friday anyway, since I'll have no car. My parents are driving my brother back to college tomorrow. (It's a seven hour drive, so they'll be in a hotel Friday night.)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Combat is easier than shopping on Black Friday.

hmmm, that's good to know…maybe i could actually get some warfighting experience…

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

ugh, no way I'm going within a mile of any store on Black Friday… the sales will still be there next week. :l

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Here right now at relatives house, we don't get along well anymore *sigh* Trying to ignore that.

You guys are being pretty dramatic about friday, I've gone every year in the city and all it does is turn all the stores into wal-mart. Shopping alone would make it hell tho

werien
werien
Posted at

I'm cleaning someones house on Black Friday, today I think I'm gonna go for a walk and then have some tasty not-meat thing (Not tofurky either XP)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

So is it thanksgiving or what?
I have no idea really… I'm at work doing nothing. I think I'll go and make myself a cup of coffee.

First I'll look up and check I've got your holiday right, then I'll alter the forum description for fun. :)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

that it twas my friend…and it's only 8, but after the feast everyone left….now my wife has pulled out floor plans for local malls and stores, and is designing us a perfect plan to avoid the traps…

Posted at

I'm REALLY glad I live in Canada and my Thanksgiving is over.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I used to work in retail. 3 years at K-Mart, 5 years at WAL-MART. All those years, It was always mandatory to work Black Friday. For this reason, no matter the savings, I will never, ever, enter a store on Black Friday again.

People are rotten, petty, greedy, and stupid on Black Friday and should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. It brings out the very worst of people in a season that should do exactly the opposite. :(

F*CK YOU, Black Friday.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I have to say… the shopping association seems rather trivial… :(
Here in Aus "Black Friday" is the name with which we remember the worst bushfire we ever had, back in 1939.

Wiki has a lot of different associations for Black Friday :)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I have to say… the shopping association seems rather trivial… :(
And yet, there it is as the FIRST entry of the Wiki list! :P

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

the association is: now that thanksgiving is over, stores can fully advertise and price for christmas…..black friday is the first day of the last minute shopping for christmas, normally the start of deals that last well into january, but by sunday, all the good stuff will be gone…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

And by March, all the "deals" will be regular price or clearance items.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Once upon a time Black Friday meant it was the day of the year a retailer would finally be operating in the black as opposed to the red. Now retailers look for their post-Holiday sales to go into the black. (Wal-mart excepted; slave labor pays off ;) )

I'm totally with SpANG on this one.

The next busiest day is the day after Christmas where all the items bought in such a rush on Black Friday are returned or exchanged. :)

Retail? Please just send me to Iraq or Afganistan to do EOD. (explosive ordnance disposal)

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I just got done shopping for Black Friday, and I must say… It was actually… Nice. =3
I don't know, I'm guessing it's because I didn't go out to shop until 11am, but everyone was so nice and friendly to me. No accidents, no getting run over, no pushing and shoving, just a regular day at the mall with only a lot more people in it than normal. =3

Sorry to the other DD's that most likely had a less pleasent experiance than I did. ;_;

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.