Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

That's fine, i had seen that you had moved.

CornTown
CornTown
Posted at

With the Duke of Solitaire review, are you doing just the pages on Drunk Duck or the full archive at the main site?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Main site, I think you recommended that before.  The review goes live on the 25th of august when the current story finishes.  the next review, benus as a boy will be about a week after.  Used books review will be shortly after that, depending on the length of the story in between.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Duke of solitaire 25th August
Venus as a boy  1st september
Used books  3rd sepember, it's an epic review.
Jake the evil hare. 9th september
Lugnor Riders and tales of Lugnor  14th september
RPS Without moonlight 

Shaman quest 
Soul symphony 
Dark sisters 
Deadhead zero 
Shades 
Eat 
If I get locked up tonite. 
The garden 
Ryu's crew 
Comfortably numb.

Still trying to clear the backlog at the moment but if you want to sign up, go right on ahead. 

Posted at

next weekend you'll have my second input :)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

The timing of that will be very handy.  thankyou.  I will be finishing a bunch of reviews this week.  

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

I'm willing to put up my comic Nectar of the Gods, I'll most likely react in a shameful way if it gets a bad review, but if i do, it just means i'm acknowledging your critiques and realizing that i need to fix those parts =) just a warning

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It's on the list.  I haven't read the comic yet but have glanced over it before, it didn't strike me as being terrible…
Duke of solitaire 25th August 
Venus as a boy  1st september 
Used books  3rd sepember, it's an epic review. 
Jake the evil hare. 9th september 
Lugnor Riders and tales of Lugnor  14th september 
RPS
 Without moonlight     Shaman quest  
Soul symphony  
Dark sisters  
Deadhead zero  
Shades  
Eat  
The garden  
Ryu's crew  
Comfortably numb.
Nectar of the gods. 

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

Well if you actually like it (which is really only the case with other bartenders), then I'll be extatic =D

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I used to be a bar manager, so it may play a part.  One of the reasons there are at least two reviewers on a comic is to balance opinion.  

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
I used to be a bar manager, so it may play a part.  One of the reasons there are at least two reviewers on a comic is to balance opinion.
if that's the case i apologize ahead of time if i made any mistakes in the bar thing >.< I don't have any REAL experience working in a bar, but i've asked a lot of real bartenders to get information, so it may not be 100% accurate

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

A comic that isn't 100% accurate? shocking, whatevers next, stickmen comics…

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It is a bit different to other reviews, I could have doubled up some of the pages like we have on other reviews, but it works well as it is.  

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm sorry to say the Jake the evil hare review is going to be delayed, entirely my fault i just wasn't happy with it so I'm starting over.  The next one up will be the Lugnor series review then I will post the Jake review about a week after that.
I'm trying to get a better routine together for doing reviews as I have become a bit too disorganised.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I really like how you guys review stuff.  If you want you could review Attack of the Robofemoids even though it's finished. 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

We can do that.
Jake the evil hare. NOW LIVE  
RPS  Aiming for 10th october
 Without moonlight     
Shaman quest   
Soul symphony   
Dark sisters   
Deadhead zero   
Shades   
Eat   
The garden   
Ryu's crew  
Comfortably numb. 
Nectar of the gods. 
Attack of the robofemoids

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I tried a review comic, once. Commodity and I ran it, and we had a decent list of things to review, too. But with the site changeover, he quit and yeah. It died.

Anyways, I'm feeling pretty bold, so go ahead and review my comic too. http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode/

mikemacdee
mikemacdee
Posted at

Damn, you're getting dangerously close to mine. Guess I better put another page up soon….

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Deadhead zero is the next one to start working on as the others are in hand, however I going to finish all of those before starting work on it.  I had too many on the go at once and it got on top of me so now I'm streamlining the work flow.
 Without moonlight      Shaman quest    Soul symphony    Dark sisters    Deadhead zero    Shades    Eat    If I get locked up tonite.    The garden    Ryu's crew   Comfortably numb.  Nectar of the gods.  Attack of the robofemoids
La vie a la mode
@Nicky P, Added.  If you are interested in helping out with reviews you are welcome to, just let me know.

mikemacdee
mikemacdee
Posted at

I'm sure the reviewers have plenty to say about the fluctuating art quality. I don't really have any excuses at this point.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

mikemacdee wrote:
I'm sure the reviewers have plenty to say about the fluctuating art quality. I don't really have any excuses at this point.
Funny you mention that. Your comic was the next one Commodity and I were going to do, before our review comic died. And one of our points was the fluctuating art quality! XD

I'll PQ you a copy of my notes from the review. It's from June, so my comments might not be as valid as you could have changed some things since then.

mikemacdee
mikemacdee
Posted at

Thanks for the heads-up on that. Actually makes me less worried about the comic I'm wanting to do next, which has a regular ol' contemporary setting.
My reply about sums up why the art was so nutty: elbow injuries, lack of readers, need of drawing practice, inventing a better comic (and art style)….

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm afraid that the without moonlight review will slip until after the Shaman quest review, purely my fault as I have a house move going on, among other things. The Shaman quest review has visuals done by someone else so isn't being held up by me.  Once without moonlight is done souls symphony and dark sisters will follow very quickly.
Shaman quest     28th oct
without moonlight early november
Soul symphony    Dark sisters    Deadhead zero    Shades    Eat    If I get locked up tonite.    The garden    Ryu's crew   Comfortably numb.  Nectar of the gods.  Attack of the robofemoids

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.