Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Uh oh, looks like someone didn't pay their bill! :-(

Twin
Twin
Posted at

Uh-oh…I sense impending doom. :(

Posted at

I dunno, Duck has come back from the seeming brink many times. But Jelly Creations has been down a long time now…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

All the more reason to spread your work around. :-)
You should have more than one host if your comic means a lot to you and you don't want it killed off.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

All the more reason to spread your work around. :-)
You should have more than one host if your comic means a lot to you and you don't want it killed off.

and use the drunkduck comic backup system.

Posted at

Yeah, I'm annoyed about this, so I moved here!

Posted at

Yeah, Smack Jeeves is its own community and I'd miss it if it evaporated.

Miruku
Miruku
Posted at

The problem I find with the SJ voting system is that it allows and almost encourages people to vote without comment. I started off with almost all fives, came back the next day to find mostly threes, and from then on I requested that people leave feedback as to what they felt I could improve.

The only "constructive criticism" I ever got back was "wow, you're taking the voting way too seriously". Helpful. Very helpful. ::glares::

I like SJ, it is annoying that it's down, and it's a great backup to drunkduck, but I think some of the voters need to be a little more helpful to and honest with eachother.

Posted at

first i thought my comic acct was suspended, but i found out it was the whole site. i was backing up "the rock" in there to gather new readers too.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

Let's not slam Smack Jeeves - a peer, not a competitor - when they're down…or ever, for that matter.

Hopefully they'll fix themselves up and things will be as they were again.

Posted at

I'm sure it's just growing pains. If you look at how most of free webcomic hosts are, unless they have some control system in place, they usually start off with some form of downtime in the beginning. I'm sure SmackJeeves will come back.

.: Black Kitty :.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

I think SJ will definitely come back, later than sooner but yah, it'll be back. In the mean time, I've let Onlinecomics.net know about the problemo so I'm gonna see if they can put my drunk duck link back up till my other one returns. It shouldn't be a problemo, I've done that before..
You're right, if the duck can return so can the buttler.

Posted at

Interestingly, this was the exact same message that appeared when buzzComix went down. I can't remember what exactly was the problem but I remembered that it wasn't really bills or bandwidth like everyone assumed.

The Duck went down three times and came back stronger each time. If SJ can get through this downtime (and most likely it will,) I wouldn't be surprised if it came back stronger as well.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Well, SJ was originally DD's replacement for me when I thought it was never coming back, so I moved most of my old DD comics there (When I used MS Paint to draw) and all I got was ones. Here, people commented on how good the writing was (Thank you to all who did that) and I got occasional 5s.

Now SJ is just where I dump my cancelled comics. It did have some good comics, but DD is still the place Aussie_kid calls home (And destroys in my latest comic)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's always been Jeeve's problem…. It's that damed Betrie Wooster messing things up again! Just give the old boy time, he'll sort it out, Jeeves always comes through in the end.

Posted at

Wow, sorry to hear that. :( Any possible way you could redirect the URL to another place in the meantime? Just so people could find out what's going on?

Posted at

I'm just glad it'll be back at some point. Some of the hosts just don't seem to like webcomic sites!

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Ah… shoot. why do I have to move my files from one site to another for so many times? Uploading my comics from scratch.

Sigh… gonna have to sign up for dd again. Argh! I'm a bit tired of uploading my pages one by one.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I think you can do something like 10 at a time at the moment, if that helps ;)

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Eeyah. I have approximately over 80 pages. I suppose I have to upload 10 pages each day. Only problem now I'm facing is that I don't have internet access and I only go to the internet cafe once or twice a week. At this rate, this would take forever to upload all of my comics. :?

It would be great if there's somebody is willing help upload the files for me tho'.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

You can upload 10 pages over and over, not 10 pages a day.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.