Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ran
ran
Posted at

Yay, it's good to know it's alive, dan =)

Is all our stuff nuked, though? Or is there a way to recover?

Caleb
Caleb
Posted at

Yeah, I'm in this boat too.

I just uploaded the entire No Horse Town back archives into DD, and I'll be updating here for that "next few days", but i seriously hope the smack gets back up and dancing.

I love the multiple page updating thing DD has, that made it whole lot easier.
Heh, everyone has an opinion on the SJ ratings system. It's just different is all. The truly awesome comics always did manage to stay fairly near the top.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

what's wrong with cheap? :-D

Two words. Geekside hosting.

Still, I hope everything turns out okay. :wink:

.: SpANG! :.

Posted at

Whos cheap? Im not. Im a fluffy bunny that "cuddles every thing he touches" said the sear, and to think i still have that mony from those guards that i cuddled. man thats some old mony, but jeeves getting smacked? man what this population needs is a good rampage of hugs and cuddles. :twisted: eldduc eldduc eldduc! sorry some avdertizing if you can't understand it just write it down and hold it up to a mirror or wite it backwards then you'll see what i said. if not meh. zeh eh keh geh teh feh. weh. :twisted:

Dubba G
Dubba G
Posted at

I would actually move back to SJ just so I wouldn't have to put up with Kain, I was gonna stay at DD cos i've gotten used to it but Kain just pisses me off too much. I'm going on holiday for about a week so I'll probably miss the relaunch. :(

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

Anyone who's interested, I got some new hosting, I hope its good (though it is insanely cheap - but that's better than nothing). Smack Jeeves should be back up within the next couple of days.

Great to hear!! Can't wait.

Rabidpeach
Rabidpeach
Posted at

Can't wait until SJ returns! :) DD has been good to us all, but I do miss the community I'd left. Hopefully not everyone has been scattered to the winds.

As far as different rating systems go, I do find that generally, you do receive an honest assessment on SJ, and for those who are lucky or talented enough to make it to the top 10, they do get a pretty prominent spot, so all the power to them.

I do have the same concerns as ran regarding this; however, I only have 12 pages in my archive as of now, so I guess it doesn't apply to me as much. >_<;;

ran
ran
Posted at

I do have the same concerns as ran regarding this; however, I only have 12 pages in my archive as of now, so I guess it doesn't apply to me as much. >_<;;

Lucky you =/ Mine was bordering on 50 something. To actually get all og my pages up, I'll have to remove them from my internetless, networkless basement computer and upload them all up here again ;_;

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

You can do up to ten pages on every upload (and you can upload as much as you want). You'll be done in no time. :wink:

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I don't know if I missed out or if I just wasn't paying enough attention to notice the multi-page upload feature, but when I uploaded all of my pages back onto Drunkduck, I did it one page at a time. Sixty five pages… slooooowwwwwly.

Oh it was painful.

This is something Volte added on Jan 22. So if you uploaded before that time, it would have been very painful indeed.

Then again,we had an archive of over 400 pages, so imagine how we felt. :roll:

AdHocFerox
AdHocFerox
Posted at

I, for one, am loving Drunk Duck!
Like someone said earlier I'll be back at SJ for a mirror and the "community"… but seriously, this place rocks. I actually think I have more readers and there is a heck of a great comics here and the people are cool. The biggest thing I miss is the page layout. It looks nicer here, but on SJ I could add like links page or a page for fan art, etc.
Meh, I should learn some more html anyways

this place is awesome :D

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I'm pretty sure you can add extra pages with the "Manage Extra Files" option. Although, before the crash, there was a limit as to how many extras you could upload. Doesn't look like there's a limit now.

I don't think it was a limit of extras so much as a memory limit. I think it's safe to say that DD is still in "Beta" testing, and those restrictions may come back someday.

Posted at

Anyone who's interested, I got some new hosting, I hope its good (though it is insanely cheap - but that's better than nothing). Smack Jeeves should be back up within the next couple of days.

Ex-cellent~ Good luck!

.: Black Kitty :.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I'm pretty sure you can add extra pages with the "Manage Extra Files" option. Although, before the crash, there was a limit as to how many extras you could upload. Doesn't look like there's a limit now.

I don't think it was a limit of extras so much as a memory limit. I think it's safe to say that DD is still in "Beta" testing, and those restrictions may come back someday.

Only upon abuse… and I may just institute a system to determine who deserves what :D

… But for now, i'm all about giving out the best i can.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

You can upload 10 pages over and over, not 10 pages a day.

Ooh. My mistake for thinking the word "max" after clicking the 10 pages to upload as "10 per day". :shock:

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

It looks like it`s up now.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've noticed that too! It's like seeing America after growing up in the USSR.
That's bizare :lol:
It's great that Sj is back again!
Remember; if you want a friendly community you have to work at it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.