Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*
Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Yep, I created the spriters club (don't ruin it for me).

the only recuirement is you have a sprite comic or you've made a sprite sheet.

I must approve the sprite comic, and be sure it is reavent or at least funny (see my comics for what I mean).

I will also send out invites.

Posted at

Wait, what do I get for joining said club?

And do I get to be in it since I ripped thousands of sprites from many popular 2d fighting games and maintain their correct axis? Or since they are not sprite sheets am I rejected? =P

I also made many sprites.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=23554.0
Anything that says it is ripped by The Dreamslayer or TDS is ripped/made by me.

Though I don't care if people use those sprites. They can even say that they ripped or made the sprites for all I care =P They are just sprites after all ^^

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

This club will allow us to share sprites in a way that should allow us to create a sprite club comic. This will help also give out spriting advice as well as give others freedom to use their sprites.

This beneits me by it allows me to get spriters of DD to recognize SDC and hopefully join in on it. that and I need some help making the demon sprites I need.

Also be specific in with other websites, I don't read the entire post all the time.

You are in.

Posted at

Nice. DD needs one of these, but you know that the Top Drawer people might come here and bad mouth us. I won't say anything to them(I'm a noob there) but they will find it sooner or later.

Got a rule for this place. Always ask before using sprites.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Actually Rage, I saw this before you did. I just decided not to post here.

Posted at

Actually Rage, I saw this before you did. I just decided not to post here.

Kinda figered that. was not here most of the day.

Posted at

Yep, I created the spriters club (don't ruin it for me).

the only recuirement is you have a sprite comic or you've made a sprite sheet.

I must approve the sprite comic, and be sure it is reavent or at least funny (see my comics for what I mean).

I will also send out invites.

SWEET! Where do I sign up?

BloodTh
BloodTh
Posted at

i guess I'll join. But I'm seriously busy with my comics and the book I'm writing, so I can't help you with Demon Chaos.

Posted at

This is a place to help all spriters. Not just Coveinant.

BloodTh
BloodTh
Posted at

eh. I'm not even confident in my spriting abilities, so I can't really help others. Besides, like I said, I'm in the middle of writing a book.

THKNN_NUL
THKNN_NUL
Posted at

Thanks for the invite. sure i'll join. i keep all the sprites sheets i've made for myself? not only is it selfish, it's just mean…

do we post sprite sheets here? if so, i'll be back later to post all of my originals…

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

It doesn't matter, we can just ask for other people's sprites if it really suits a need. this is also a place for us to cameo easier in each other's comics, and it gives us each a wider veriety to work with. I have ADHD, so I have trouble with finishing a sprite sheet, let alone a comic.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Okay, I need someone to work on the deomn Sonic sprites that are currently on SDC, I can not work on it any more, you just have to do the spikes and feet.

That aside anyone ready for the club comic. I have some of my own sprites but I can't do it unless I have some others, Rage I know where to get yours, I hope you get it and also can I give multi assistance to people so I don't have to work on it and the projects have due next week (10/22&23/07), after that I have no idea what I have after that.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Lol, found it. Am I in?

The TD. It is here. I brought it. Phear.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Srsly guy, am I in? I'm dying to know!

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Woooooooooooo!

Now what?

Posted at

"Spriter's Club"?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a trainwreck waiting to happen at all. Do you have an actual purpose? Do you have your own forum to take the discussion to? Do you have plans for advertising and recruiting? Is there even a POINT other than "lol we've got sprites"?

Making a "club" of sorts and only letting spriters into it will just spout more flaming and more hatred toward the general group, just because you tried to be exclusive trying to keep out "those mean ol' hand-drawn artists :("

You can continue about your business, but I'm telling you right now, that doing this'll only cause problems.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

I created this club to allow the spriters of DD an easy way to do their comics. also this club gives advice to thosewho want to start a sprite comic. and after we have our club comic we will have our own forum and it will be a lot better there. and no, I draw as well as sprite, so I did this for the reasons listed above in my other posts.

Posted at

I agree fully with LoRes. What you are planning to do has already been done, and basically failed.

I can't see how you can make spriters have an easy way to do their comics, because sprite comics are already extremely easy to make.
Secondly, if you need advice about starting a comic, go on the forums and ask for advice, or PQ some really well known spriters. No garuntees thatthey will reply though.

Finally, club comics and a forum will die out quite quickly. I know, I've tried many things (well, I did have one going for about a year). Also try using correct grammer and punctuation if you are English/American or from another english speaking country. That does really put off a lot of people. Trust me.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I just came here because I thought it would be ironic.

THKNN_NUL
THKNN_NUL
Posted at

@ Warspritecomic: Sprite comics may seem easy to make, but we still go through the same basic process of what drawing artists do.

there are people out there who don't know the first thing of making a sprite comic(i was one of them at one time). after watching others for a while, i eventually got the jist.

and asking a well known spriter, isn't always a good idea. you could end up with a jerk that could care less about your sprite comic.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

To be honest, I couldn't care less about any sprite comic. And I didn't know bollocks about them before I started mine. I just did it 'cuz I can't draw.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.