Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lothar
lothar
Posted at

i found this thing it's some sort of color test . kinda relevant seeing as most of us here do some sort of graphics type stuff .

100 hue Test
http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

you have to arrange the little boxes to be in order or something . anyway , i got a 4 , i guess that's good ,which is a relief cuz i thought i was going color blind it would be interesting to see what anyone else gets if you try it

Posted at

Haha, that was fun. Also I got a zero so I am awesome.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

): I just came here to brag how I got a better score than Lothar but I now see Skool got zero…

:( I got three.

Posted at

I looked at it but didn't try because too many of them look the same hue to me. I'm not really surprised. My wife dares not ask me to differentiate any more between navy blue and black. So it goes. Interesting site.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

This kind of depends on if your monitor is calibrated correctly, if you're getting really low scores it's most likely your monitor.

EDIT: scored 4 :)

Posted at

Okay, I went back and tried it . . . I got a nineteen. Better than I thought I could do on this. Interesting.

lba
lba
Posted at

I was wondering about the monitor myself so I took it on my laptop's LCD screen and a CRKT and I got 15 on the LCD and 0 on the CKRT.

The laptop messed with me a bit because every time you move the colours end up changing.

Posted at

Twenty seven. Dear god, I suck.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heh I got zero on this too. I did it while ago. LCD too. :)
Colour recognition means a hell of a lot to me in my work.

Posted at

This kind of depends on if your monitor is calibrated correctly, if you're getting really low scores it's most likely your monitor.

EDIT: scored 4 :)

Don't you mean really high scores would be your monitor's fault? Higher scores=worse hue differentiation. A poorly calibrated monitor would mud up those middle hues.

At any rate, mine wasn't my monitor, I just took it again on a different computer and got zero again. I've calibrated them both for color anyway since I'm paranoid.

I found it was easier to lump the extremes on their ends and then just move around the ones that stuck out. It was easier to tell when a block didn't fit than when it did.

Posted at

Yet another 4, damn reddish orange.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

I got 7. Damn, my eyes hurt. After a while, they kind of make a bunch of the hues blend together. I call unfair, eyes! O:<

Posted at

ZERO :D
ZEROOOOO!

O-ORANGE?!?!

sorry, Code Geass flashbacks :D

Anyway, yes, scored zero. All you have to do is look away from the screen every once in a while and then a quick glance at the screen usually reveals what's wrong. Also, jump between bars, that rests your eyes.

Now, ask me to name anything but the basic colors and I'll be all "huh?" :D

Posted at

34, but i guess there's a reason why i like to draw in black and white!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I gave up. XD The green-blue line made my eyes hurt. @_@ I'm somewhat colorblind anyway. |D

MintyMints
MintyMints
Posted at

The lowest I can get is 3 D:

Nicol3
Nicol3
Posted at

12, BLEGH. I thought I did so well.

F**K YOU, BLUE AND PURPLE BOO!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.