Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

We would talk about nothing but ourselves…

How is that any different than what we normally talk about?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

How is that any different than what we normally talk about?
That's the point.

Posted at

I can't do even one pushup that'd be passable by the army standards. or a pull up (if that's what it is called). Or do a bridge. Never could and never will.
It's not that hard though. The barrier is more mental than physical. It really is.
Is being able to draw 128k pages also limited by a mental barrier?

(sorry, I'll be returning to it like a boomerang for the next few days at least).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Is being able to draw 128k pages also limited by a mental barrier?
Yep, and it's one I have no idea how to overcome -_-

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

I can't do even one pushup that'd be passable by the army standards. or a pull up (if that's what it is called). Or do a bridge. Never could and never will.

i'm talking passable by special ops standards. you have to go down to 90* of bend or more in the elbow, and the only authorized rest position is up position. which i was only able to stay in the pushup position for the first 35. (which i fear is a mental thing).
the air force holds a much more slack view of pushups. i don't have to go down that far, and i can rest by putting my butt in the air. (which really does make a difference when resting.
————–

blech, i stopped waking up before 5 because i was getting so tired during the day. well, i'm going to go back today and see if i can't keep coming to work late.
stupid office work. i don't even have office work 85% of the time. so showing up to the office half an hour late isn't hurting anyone. hell, i could totally take my entire PT time during work, and not affect a damn thing.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

hell, i could totally take my entire PT time during work, and not affect a damn thing.
They should allow you to work from home to do that sort of thing -_-

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Happy 200th page, RV&S! We should get a newspost.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Fable II even though I consider both to share the top spot of worst games ever made.
I'm playing through that right now, i hear the ending sucks and it's not as good as the first, but i enjoy it so far(though my female character is a hideous behemoth of muscle and gross blue will veins. It's pretty obvious the developers threw on the female feature at last minute and just deformed the male mesh)

I don't get why people argue that SHAFT's animes are 'artistic', they're fucking lazy and just shove a zillion filters and random text over the show. Even worse is zetsubou and bakemonogatari has nice premises but it's ruined by how boring they are(words, words, words, filters, 1 second chibi reaction, words, repeat 190x )
There you go, every shaft anime ever.

Posted at

I had to go to the bank today to put some money in, and had to wait in line for ten minutes. When I finally got there, I was told that there was a different window for deposits, and I thought 'never used to have specific windows back in my day'.

It's official now, I'm at least forty years older than I appear to be.

Edit: and I just remembered that for some reason, the thought ended up as an exaggerated version of my usual accent, so it was actually: 'Din't use t' hav spe'if'c winders back int my day'

I'm playing through that right now, i hear the ending sucks and it's not as good as the first, but i enjoy it so far

[spoiler]My main problem is that it's pretty much just the first game, but with prettier graphics and generally much more half arsed.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure if that really counts as a spoiler, but just in case.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

and generally much more half arsed.
Travesty! Full arses are so much better.

It'd be great to hear your Northern accent.
Happy 200th page, RV&S! We should get a newspost.
I didn't even realise what you were talking about for a moment there. Go us!

…Shiz I'm tired. G'nite people.

Posted at

It'd be great to hear your Northern accent.

It's not actually that strong. It only really comes up if I'm angry or drunk. I suppose I should add 'thinking about banks and/or hypothetical older me' to that list now.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Happy 200! :D
Also, my band performed at a small school thing last night. We did fine, and it was a lot of fun! First performance (and actualy full meeting) for this new band, too!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I got an odd question. I inherited a painting from my grandmother. (Actually my aunt got it, but by some strange turn of events that involved my dad and eldest uncle, it was given to me.) The thing is, I don't know what this painting is about, who made it, or anything. It is a picture or an effeminate man in armor standing next to a horse in a wooded area. My boyfriend's mom thought it was a picture of Joan of Arc, but I googled and couldn't find anything that looks like this picture.

Does any one know of any way of identifying a picture short of taking it to a professional? (The picture is almost as big as I am and I hate to move it because the frame's integrity is questionable.)

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I got an odd question. I inherited a painting from my grandmother. (Actually my aunt got it, but by some strange turn of events that involved my dad and eldest uncle, it was given to me.) The thing is, I don't know what this painting is about, who made it, or anything. It is a picture or an effeminate man in armor standing next to a horse in a wooded area. My boyfriend's mom thought it was a picture of Joan of Arc, but I googled and couldn't find anything that looks like this picture.

Does any one know of any way of identifying a picture short of taking it to a professional? (The picture is almost as big as I am and I hate to move it because the frame's integrity is questionable.)
Snap a photo of it and see if you can find internet message boards about appraising/identifying art. I'd say you're probably right about it being a Saint- possibly Joan d'Arc. If you shoot me a pic I'll see if I can identify which one- I'm pretty good with the icons.

Posted at

I just tried to do a pushup… you know how when you reach the limit of your muscles and they go wobbly and soft andcan't support you anymore? well, it felt like that, heh.
I managed to a "sort of pushup" that is lift the upperbody first and THEN the lower body. After that I stopped :D

My arms were made to be flexible, not strong. On the other hand my legs were built for long walks.

- - - - - -
My book's still not added on indyplanet :(

lba
lba
Posted at

I think I might actually ask to be pulled from this assignment. I never knew I could feel this much antipathy for an artistic style. Even though the tight sketch I've prepared is technically some of the better art I've done in a while, I just can't get past this. It's not even the strongest concept in relation to the article. The article was about gays and lesbians being strong and overcoming adversity. What he's got me drawing is a depressed "fag" with a dark circle of grunge crap around him and a bunch of happy shit outside that can't get to him. It doesn't relate at all. It's just some depressed gay kind who can't see happiness.

Feel free to ignore me. I've just never had the displeasure of dealing with a finnicky client who just wants a pretty picture before. At least not like this anyway.

Edit: I thought this one was longer Oz. When you said 2/3 I had to look and see if there was a third rant thread I forgot about. worst comes to worst, the thread freaks out DD and has to be deleted or something I guess.

Posted at

So it sounds like someone else has finally turned up. It's about damn time. I was actually told that there was someone else already here, but this is the first I've even so much as heard him. Unless it was the SA slipping post under his door, or something.

Edit: Never mind, it can't be post related. Unless he has a lot of it, anyway.

Edit: I thought this one was longer Oz. When you said 2/3 I had to look and see if there was a third rant thread I forgot about. worst comes to worst, the thread freaks out DD and has to be deleted or something I guess.

Nah, that's the best case scenario. The worst is the thread becoming a black hole in the internet, drawing in and devouring any other thread without mercy.

Posted at

I don't think forums work like that. It only needs to access the posts displayed on the page currently loading. If it had to load all 200 pages worth at once that would be a problem, but it never has to do that. :]

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I just got sent home from work for 'sounding congested'. Swine flu really has the schools in a state of panic. And without giving names, there's also a very high ranking secretary at one of the schools who thinks pipe rust carries swine flu.

*rubs brow*

Posted at

I hear you about the swine flu panic. At my old school, they sent emails telling instructions what you should do if you got it or found someone you know has it. It calls for total isolation and quarantine. No wonder disease is depressing, if i had to be in isolation for 3 or so months and wear a surgeon's mask a lot, I'd be depressed. Its influenza all over again. And that went so well last time…

Also on a side note, I dreamt that i was a narwhal and dreamt that i woke up, ate some donuts, and fell back asleep. When i finally awoke, it was weird.

And Btw, The Real Ghostbuster is one of the greatest cartoons ever created. Its sad that so many cartoons now suck. There used to be such high quality television back in the day.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

The kitten keeps attacking my computer screen.

In other news…I want to eat some proper food so badly, stupid allergies.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but it never has to do that. :]
Not anymore… :)
The way it used to be was that every time you replied to a thread it would load every single post in the reply window, which was why we stared that loking thing on long threads. Thank Dimitri the Lover that Volte6 eventually fixed that :)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

They should allow you to work from home to do that sort of thing -_-

the problem is the information i work with. i can't use it at home. so that 15% of the time i actually have work, it can only be done at work. but military and all that. blah blah blah. same rant from a million times before.
———–
I just tried to do a pushup… you know how when you reach the limit of your muscles and they go wobbly and soft andcan't support you anymore? well, it felt like that, heh.
I managed to a "sort of pushup" that is lift the upperbody first and THEN the lower body. After that I stopped :D

if you have to, start with your knee's on the ground, then start working on pushups from there. it takes a while to build muscle, i've been working all summer, and practically stuck in the same spot as the beginning.
——–

i just found out that if i'm able to sneak up on my dog, she'll snap at me…then whimper and look sad that she almost ate me.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

some asshole just drove by that i've never met and screamed some obnoxious shit at me.that's nothin new. but there's been so much bullshit lately from almost all sides that i dont know how much more crap im gonna shovel. but you know what? that butthead doesnt deserve to be the one to drive me crazy. no way motherfucker. ya gotta do better then that, wimp.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.