Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Duck

Posted at

What's with the green duck???

Is it a St. Paddy's day thing gone awry??

Posted at

Kyo's gator has no color at all. The Duck is green…. Logic would conclude the duck stole the color from the gator!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I thought it was a daffy duck recolour.

Posted at

Oh I get it.
It represents all the sprite recolor comics!

Posted at

And here I thought this was another complaint about the upcoming name change.

The duck has always been this way. He's also a famous drunkard but according to Wowio he's currently going through the 12 step program.

So green and drunk = St. Patrick's day? You might be on to something here.

Posted at

I was just makin' small talk….tryin' to be friendly anyway!

A green duck is not the craziest thing I've seen…..online or off….

Posted at

A green duck is not the craziest thing I've seen…..online or off….
Well, I for one say it's high time we shake things up a little bit.

What we need is edgy! Risqué! Bold! …and other words that I don't want to bother looking up in my thesaurus.

Might I suggest… a blue duck?

Posted at

….hrrrrms…..an "edgy" duck, eh?

I may have to scribble on my sketch pad a bit…..

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Gentlemen, gentlemen, allow me to shed some light on the subject. I think you'll all agree that all the mascot needs is just a little feminine touch…

Posted at

I'd tap that.

Posted at

This is going to induce nightsweats…..

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

You know, I've always wondered.. is there a Drunk Duck comic? Like, the Drunk Duck? I never actually thought to look for it, nor have I ever considered that the two characters next to the sites logo may be from said comic.

Posted at

Way back there were a couple of strips of "Duck and Quail", but I suspect they're lost to history now. :]

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Way back there were a couple of strips of "Duck and Quail", but I suspect they're lost to history now. :]

Not sure how many that were made, not many i think, but i have a few of them saved. Quality wise I'd say they were overall pretty lame but.. kinda fun i suppose.

I'm gonna go and post up the ones i have here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Duck_and_Quail/

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Gah. That comic wasted a perfectly good punchline! I was SO hoping the "Down Duck" joke was going to be about the website being down every month and a half.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Let us turn back the pages of time to the golden age of cartoon ducks.

When Donald or Daffy would get sick they would turn green. A few cartoons even showed Donald getting drunk and he turned green.

Drunk Duck has always been a sick duck. Therefore Druck Duck is green.

But what I want to know is viaduct? Why not a goose?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Speaking of cartoon ducks, I may have the answer.
Behold, Count Duckula, along with our faithful mascot:

notice a family resemblance?

It all fits… The Duck DD is named for was actually a DEAD duck. But it looked drunk I think…? Anyway, Count Duckula is also dead, and gets very drunk from blood, so he prefers tomato juice.
Is our Duck actually a vampire? O_O

I know this duck is a vamp…

Posted at

Thanks Oz, now I have a new fear. A fear of blood sucking vampire ducks roaming my neighborhood in packs. Great.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Thanks Oz, now I have a new fear. A fear of green blood sucking vampire ducks roaming my neighborhood in packs accompanied by brown hawks. Great.

fixed

Posted at

Haha, thanks Vega!

It's always disturbed me slightly how the logo duck kind of has some arm muscles going on. I keep imagining him in a wifebeater and he gets like 5x more sinister.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

The Duck DD is named for was actually a DEAD duck. But it looked drunk I think…?

That image is from the very first site design and had a DEAD duck in it as that was the original concept name of the site. "Dead Duck." However the domain deadduck.com was taken so it was changed to "drunk" as the image kinda looked like a drunk duck aswell and the domain drunkduck.com WAS available.

The duck is green because it is supposed to be a MALLARD duck. Early art of the duck even have the white neck line (like the above comic) but was later removed on more recent artwork.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Thanks Oz, now I have a new fear. A fear of green blood sucking vampire ducks roaming my neighborhood in packs accompanied by brown quails. Great.

fixed
Fix'd

Posted at

Thanks Oz, now I have a new fear. A fear of green blood sucking vampire ducks roaming my neighborhood in packs accompanied by brown quails. Great.

fixed
Fix'd

Thanks Bros, now I have even more to fear.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.