Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
MAFIA... and other forum games
imshard
imshard
Posted at

Kael froze. They were still many miles from the pit but they knew it was there. they could see the shimmer of heat and the rise of smoke. And they could feel it.

oh no.

"I can't go nearer. I feel him waiting. I've cheated the Grim too many times. Am I expected…"

The others turned uncertainty in their eyes. "It's the reason he never came for me, all those times I should have died. He knew I would come to him one day… NAY I will not go!" Kael wheeled his horse about and fled.

Instantly the air went from scorching to frozen. And a great shadow fell over the party.
For Old Doom himself towered over them.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Grim, these souls are in my guresdiction, I have reasons for them to live.
Death: Coveinant, as the reaper king I respect your desicion.
Kael, you may rise, you shall live as long as you are with the reaper king, me

"I will fix that!"
What was that, wait that is Cojo.
Cojo: Correct, I owe you for what you did to me. *shows that his arm is shriveled like the soul was ripped out of it*
Ryo: Father, you can't do this, I will do it, I may not be a reaper but I will sacrifice myself to save you all.

*Ryo and Cojo fight for an hour, with the group watching aw until…*

Ryo: we are too evenly matched, but I know of one way. *he grabs Cojo and lifts him and they fly above the pit*

RYO, NO. You can't sacrifice yourself, only a reaper can enter the pit and leave.

Ryo: I am sorry father. *with that he flew, with Cojo in arm, into the center of the pit. The pit glows and and the ground begins to open up, making the pit opening larger.*

We have to go back, I will use my powers and stop the pit from opening any wider.

*The group leaves, seeing Demon Eye back drawing his swords and combining them. A day later, Demon Eye rejoins the group looking worse then when he returned with the ruby*

The pit is stable, but we can't go that way any more. We have to go around and the skid was shattered in two, I have it repaired and we can continue. If your wondering Cojo is permantly dead, I have him sealed in one of the lowest levels of hell, Ryo I beleive his selfless act is what disrupted the pit and he is no where to be found in hellk, I have lost hope and I don't think I'll see him again. We should move on before the brigands get wind of this event.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

I'm a coward a damn coward. All the bravery in my life and deeds abandon me
Kael drove the horse harder down through the forest back towards the old highway. Finally he broke through the last of the brambles and the horse stopped suddenly. The act threw him from its back. He landed on his head snapping his neck. In a weird irony he saw had frightened the creature. The black robed Thing standing in the road. It whispered up to him effortlessly. Kael realized that time had frozen.

"Hello, Kael Schmidt. I've come for you."
Kael tried desparately to speak but only frothy blood bubbled out of his mouth.
"tsk, tsk, how careless of me let me help you with that."

The Grim flashed his hand out and seized Kael's soul from inside his chest and pulled it outside of his body.
The spirit screamed.
"NOOOO!!!!"
"complaining will not avail you Kael come now, I am your master now."
Kaels essence fell to its knees. "I beg you have mercy"
"what is it you think I just did? The fates dealt you a broken neck. I just rescued you from a life of pain and paralysis….. though perhaps I may have a use for you."

Later that day a Dark being approached Briggandholt. Death they called it later and death it was. It's head lolled on its shoulders, and its face bore a horrified look upon Kael's features. Those that survived carried the dread news that The Grim One walked the earth.

Posted at

-Cojo, being a bio engineered Mutant, is not as searal as most mutants.

"Nooooooo!!!" Trace yelled. he sobed as he hunched over him. Wolf thought to bery him but Trace said this. "I will take him back to town and Give him to his family. I'm the one who failed him so I will take any blame they give."

Meanwhile the girl from Caltown, who's name is Ren, was looking like she was pregnant. She walked around town. All she wanted to is to hide.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

The Dark one strode across the earth. It could not truly be be said death followed in its path. It was death.
I know now that you cannot enjoy your task
Nay I do not. Never can I rest until the end of all things
Why do you do it then?
Because I must, it is what i was created to do, and it is only through my labors that i will one day be able to stop. For there will be no more life to end.
What of me then? Am I too doomed to walk till the end of things until you have completed your tasks?
No Kael Schmidt I have something else in mind for you and your body.

Posted at

Trace was sreaped from the group. He was on his way back to Kaeltown. He had Kael's horse following him with Kael's body on it. It was all peaceful wain 5 Brigands showed up. "This guy is all along! Let's get him." Said one of them. As that guy said that,he was shot off his horse. The other looked at there leader and then then looked at Trace. They then ran from him, leaving there leader dead on the ground. Trace got the horses under crotrol and took the dead mans horse. He then resumed his treck back to Kealtown.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*What was left of the group head back to the grounder city, to inform Wayla of two people she had lost at and near the pit.*

I fear there is a new candidate for the reaper king. When a human turns into a Coveinent, we must die, and since we can't become angels or demons, we make deals with the reaper. there were four human reapers and myself at the Great battle of death, we decided to use the humans battle as a way to determine who was the true leader of the reapers, I won with my two zampoktos. For that reason, I was able to keep Kael alive for these many years, but now I feel that someone is using Kael, there are only three reapers left: me, Grim and Death.

*they reached the gates of the grounder city and enter*

Wayla, I have some terrible news, Kael and Ryo are both dead. I could not do anything to prevent it. As reaper king I hope you can forgive me.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Wayla sank to her knees. Her soldiers looked around uncertainly, they had never seen her display such emotion this way before. "Kael, you promised….." she looked up. "how did it happen? where is his body?"

They told her.

Far away, The Dark one paused. The last mutant in the world slid off of his scythe blade. It fell to the ground and shattered. The dark one would have savored the feel of its soul flowing through him into the scroll at his belt but his attention was elsewhere. The world was shifting again as it hadn't in many long years. He could feel the myriad timelines slipping around him like spider silk strands floating through the air. Some perished others opened. The scroll heated and burned.
He turned and easily phased to his own realm. In the twilit domain he took the vellum parchment and unfurled it. The letters flamed visibly but each name stood out nonetheless. He placed it before the Judge.

"the latest contract collections"
"excellent and punctual as usual,… but what is this? one name missing and you wear its features…"
"I decide what fates fall where Magistrate. I have exercised that right, Fate may only suggest my blade. This one is now my vassal and vessel as well."
"Did you tire so of your subtle games and manipulations of chance? You are so skilled at it that I enjoy watching sometimes for the irony."
"For a time, even I enjoy a more direct approach sometimes"
"Indeed Grim, indeed. Ah yes, Fate's new list. I see some interesting mentions on it. I have some very perplexing decisions to make on some of them."

With that the Dark one took the new scroll, and went out to reap more souls.
But first he left the broken form of Kael alone and brokenly in a far-flung desert…alive. However the Grim did leave him some parting gifts as well. After all, taking control of physical form had put the reaper ahead of schedule. The poor mortal was owed something.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*Demon Eye splits with the group to head south alone now. He has all 7 of the Coveinent gems and is ready to use them on himself*

Kael, you should have stayed near me. I am the reaper king and I choose to keep you alive. I had wished that I wouldn't have to use another rebirth feather on you but there was no soul in the body to ressurect. Death, the oldest reaper for who's name is our life's ending is named for, is behind this. After I do this, I will find him and if nessicary, I will use bonkai on him.

*Demon Eye rides onward, unaware that one of the names on fate's list was his own*

*in hell, admissions building*
Grim: Ryo, I will give you your life back but there is a plot to over-throw your father as reaper king. I fear it is old Death at work, I give to you now the reaper's contract. It states that you shall choose to follow Fate's list and be sure to choose wisely who will die and who will live. Your father sealed this one very deep but we need two reapers, and he has agreed to not use his power unwisely, for the king has said he may be a reaper. Cojo, Ryo, sign your names and you shall receive your zampaktos.

*both sign their names in their blood. suddenly they are each given on sword, a reaper tool, a zanpakto.*
Both: We swear to uphold the king's will as well as God Almighty's.

(if your wondering, Demon Eye said after 48 hours of torture, Cojo could become a reaper. Beleive me, after 48 hours, you'd do anything to get out hell and that includes be a good person.)

imshard
imshard
Posted at

For a long time Kael just lay shivering. Never had he been so tired nor felt such pain.
He couldn't move without a white hot explosion of pure agony shooting through his entire being. He remembered t breathe. yet another source of pain. He longed to fade away from it. He stood. the neck cracked as it straightened unexpectedly. So much for death dealing blows. He swayed but stood upright. I am alive…. he felt his neck And my mortal injury just disappeared… He looked around. In the near distance he saw a ruined city. In fact it took up half the horizon. The other half shimmered with endless white sand. Now he looked down at himself. He was swarthed in the heavy black robes.
In one hand he held a scythe. In the other he held a piece of parchment. He unrolled and it read

You are my servant forever Kael Schmidt. I'm sorry that you'll suffer. it is the only way I can keep you alive. You are not a reaper nor even a zampaktos, but I have imbued you with many powers. Make your way home, Kael. Go west.
-Grim

An arrow whizzed towards him and evaporated as it hit Kael's protective barrier.
Two minutes later 15 Brigands lay dead and Kael proceeded into the dead city, towards home.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*As the temple came into sight, Demon Eye readied him self for the fight of his life*

I choose to end this fast and returning the world to its former self.

*as he sees the temple, a large winged lizard stepped in front of him*

Dragon: You have foolishly returned to my lair. A mistake you'll never ma-ma-ma…ugh.

*as the dragon said his last words, Demon Eye has his hands into the dragon's chest and pulled out a small sphere with a small flame burning in it*

A dragon's soul sphere, I wonder what effect it will have. Oh well, I have a job to do.

*Demon Eye enters the temple, it resembles a large church. The walls depict an anceint legend among the Coveinent, one of that the people say can happen today. He nears the center alter, where there are divots for the seven gems Demon Eye places the gems in their proper place, and when they are in their place they glow and start to float and enter a large picture in front of him, one of a demon*

What the?

*Suddenly the gems lose their glow, and return to Demon Eye's bag. Then the picture shatters, leaving in its place a demon twice the size of a person. The demon is a dark as can be*

Wait, that should have returned the world to what it once was.

Demon: And it shall, it will return to the time of the demon. I will return this world back to the time I ruled this world by destroying it, and I'll start with your home as a reward for releasing me.

*The demon opens it's large wings and flies out, destroying the temple*

Oh, Crap. *grabs specialty feather* I better get back to Kaeltown before he gets there. Specialty feather, warp tunnel, Kaeltown.
*A warp tunnel opens and Demon Eye enters and appears back at Kaeltown in an instant. He is surprised to see that the entire group standing there before him, Ryo and Cojo included with their zampaktos*

What the? Never mind, We have a problem, the temple was a bust, I have released an anceint demon and he is headed this way, have the people evacuate to the nearby mountian, I have a safehouse there, and it should protect them. I have sent word to Wayla and she has agreed to send us a few of her supernaterial citizens. Also, Kael is alive, but he serves Grim and he is on his way.

Posted at

-Who is this man I'm talking about? You will find out. Sorry Imshard, I'm branging someone in to match That's Demon's Power.

Trace was tracking where Kael could be. Ever sents his body dissappered he had been wandering around. "Let me help" Said Bio. "How?" asked Trace. Then he felt a sharp pain as he could see, from a satlite from space, where Kael was. He was 1000 miles from where Trace was. a 2 week trip away but somthing else was bothing him. He could see the Demon. He could also see Covenint as well, but there was also someone else that the satlite nothies. Deep in a forest grove was a man or something that looked like a man, His power matched the demon's power. Trace then shook his head. "only Lord Kael!" He yelled. The Satilte went back to Kael. Trace then headed to where Kael was.

Meanwhile, In that grove, The man open his eyes and looked toward where that demon was. "Damn… It was hard to put him there the first time…" said the man. He gets up and headed out of the grove.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*Demon Eye pulls Carl, Cojo and Ryo from the rest*

Carl here is your reward, the vampirian chalis of wishing, this is to stay between us. So, I have two new reapers under my reign, this is just perfect, I know have my reaper king duties to attend to. Cojo, I see you have turned over a new leaf, keep it up and you will not end up back in the chamber I left you in.

*they split; Wolf, Xu, Wayla, and a crystal clone of Demon Eye lead the civilians to the safehouse deep in the nearby mountain*

Clone: Keep it moving, the demon is coming close. Thanks Wayla for coming and making sure Kaeltown survived. Demon Eye thanks you for your help.

*meanwhile Kael is stopped by a portal in front of him, Demon Eye steps out of it*

Kael, I see you have been given the powers of a reaper, step through the portal we are going to get Trace, the temple has released a demon who is going to destroy Kaeltown and we need an immortal like yourself.

*they enter the portal, and appear in front of Trace*

Trace, we need you to go into the portal now, we need you. And if you don't I will force you. I can't go into details but we need all the help we can get.

Posted at

"is it about that Demon?" Trace asked. "I saw him Via Satitle." I'll come wain I find Lord Kael." He said.

Meanwhile, The man walked up to kaeltown. "Heh. So he is coming here is he?" the man said Smiling.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Kael is back at Kaeltown. The demon is going to destroy the planet to return the world by destroying it. If you don't beleive me look through that satilite again. We need you more back at Kaeltown than your obsesive quest, I will bring back those memories that you wish to forget. DR. Cain was my freind and I know all about you and about Bio. Now I suggest that you go through the portal or I'll be forced to act.

Posted at

"fine…" Trace said. He steped through the portal.

"Took you long enonght… Coveinant." Said the Man. "So did you do this?" He asked as he pointed toward where the demon was comeing from.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Yes I did, but I have no memory of you. Sorry but I have lost my memory since the WW3. All I remember is my name and my powers. I am sorry but I don't know much. The real problem is that I haven't used the gems to power myself. However if you were the one who mutated that lizard I'll will beat you to a pulp.

Posted at

"Heh. Naw. So you don't remember me. Hey Wolf!" Said the man. "Rage!?!" Said Wolf.
He just smiled. "Give the pup a bone" Rage said.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Now I recognize you. Your still on Fate's list, remind me to reap your soul when this is over. I haven't seen you since that fight with Shadow Nakasa. Wolf, you are immortal but our real problem is that demon will be here in a very short time and I alone can not stop him. I, however, have a new ally on my side. *pulls out the dragon soul sphere* This is a summon sphere, in it is the dragon's soul, we may need to match magic for magic.

Ryo: Who is this person father.

He is Rage Nakasa. Master sword weilder and mage. He is immortal as long as I don't collect his soul. Carl, I will need that crystal loly as a precaution.

Cojo: So Trace, what do you think of me now that I can tear your soul from your body.

Posted at

-Errr… Rage is immortal because of a curse. No one can reap his soul, Wolf is not Immortal, just a long lived race…

"Heh. You can't beat me Cojo." Said Trace. "Watch it brother, or I will rip your soul from you." Yelled Cojo. "The demon's name is Voderof, Son of Vodeon. The one who curst me with immortally…" Said Rage. "Why did you release him Coveinant? It took me five years to get him into that trap." Rage said.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

As I had said, I have lost my memory. Also, you should never seal a demon in a Coveinent temple that is said to restore life. Now I remember building it, but I did not seal a demon in it. So it is Voderof, I have an idea but we all must reveal our most powerful forms, myself include. *points white zampakto at Wolf* I release you from your curse. *suddenly Wolf turns full Anthro-wolf, then Demon Eye points black zampakto at Dead Carl* I release your full power. *Carl turns into a full Vampire* Trace, Cojo, I need you to do the same.

*Demon Eye removes all armor and weapons except the zampakto. He eats a small crystal and suddenly turns into the same form as the night of farm massacre*

The form you see before you is my ultimate form. I am at my highest natural power limit. I will need five-WHAT?

*Voderof lands just in front of the group of fighter ready to defend the planet*

Voderof: Rage nice to see you. What the the reaper king, a death servant, a loanthrope, a mathusila, and a Coveinant this will be fun.
It will. Summon Sphere *push sphere into ground* DRAGON.
Voderof: The Dragon serves you now. This will be fun.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Kael was scrounging when Grim came to him.
He had found the ancient bunker by chance. A team of Nomads had been working in vain to get it open for years apparently. Trying to raid it for tradable goods. A long dormant security trap went off. The noise had drawn Kael. By the time he got there the corpses had cooled. Curious Kael cleaved the blast door open with his Scythe. The chambers beyond had been vacuum sealed against the rigors of time. It was a weapons dump.

"helping yourself Kael? is not the Scythe weapon enough?"

Kael looked up briefly from where he was stringing together boxes of MG-782 rounds onto a carrying cord.
"It is. These weapons I take will be used for trade and defensive use by my Family"
"And the rest?"
"I'll seal this chamber again, and come back for it later."
"Indeed then I'll have to return you here when we are done."
The human studied the ghastly reaper intensely for a moment before asking
"where are we going?"
"Why, to help the Reaper King defeat a demon of course"

With that they phased to The battle with Voderof.
Grim spake thus:
"MiLord Coveinent, we have come to assist you"

Posted at

"Man… I have bot done this in awhile" Rage said. He then Transformed into Inferno Rage. "Voderof! I'll send you to where I sent your Father!" He yelled. "Yes! Now I can truly fight." said Wolf. "Bio! Give me FULL control! NOW!" Yelled Trace. As he said that, armor rapped around his whole body. When it was done, Trace looked like Zero. "(Trace and Zero's Voice) Now! Bring it on!" Said Z-Trace. "Hehehe, Form Omegais!" Cojo said to his zampakto. It formed into a Plasma Blade. "Now it's a party!" Cojo said as He rushed in first. "No Stop!" said Rage but to no avail. Cojo Tried to strike Voderof.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Grim, Kael, nice to see you. Stall him, will release my full power.

*takes out the seven gems and arrange thme in the same order as the temple*

I summon the power of Coveinent gems.
*the gems glow and float around him, the energy flows into him*

*As Demon Eye is doing this the other, the dragon included, fight the demon to no avail. Voderof is able to strike back every attack. The four reapers combine their power and held back the demon from touching energy. Five minutes the stall works, the last of the power is absorbed*
That is enough. Bonkai. *the zampaktos condense and the form an armor that is of flame and purity* I will handle this now.

*the demon's and the Reaper King's fight is about to begin*
(You guys have control of all of the people's actions/not words for this fight, if that is ok with you guys, I will take over to deal the last blow)

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*As the fight begins, the group notices that Voderof is growing larger with every strick. Demon Eye then lands an attack that sends him back about three miles, but he grows to twice his original size*

So it is true, he grow with negativity. Everyone when you attack him, don't think of doing it to just hurt him. Think of the people you are defending, think of your loved ones, think of only the light in us all. It will defeat him, only think of the light, he feeds on the darkness, he feeds on your hate, and he feeds on your pain. Leave your hate and pain, and beleive in the light.

(yes this is corny, but it fits the big fight scene of a movie or game. And you guys have to post on this as well.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.