Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
MAFIA... and other forum games
imshard
imshard
Posted at

I really need to get some sleep one of these days Kael examined the odd group before him. They wanted him to go somewhere into the sicklands where they had nothing but badwater and evil air, find some rocks and do something to make the last of the radiation go away. I really dont need any of this then he thought of the tales. great riches piled up within the ruins. Strange sights and ancient secrets hidden behind veils of noxious haze beckoned to him suddenly as it hadn't since he was young….
Then he thought of his own home, and its secrets….

The were-wolf, the vampire, the cyborg, and the … other… thing looked on impatiently.
"Fine! I'll arrange supplies and transport, but my M-16 is staying here were it belongs. If that was your only reason for asking me along forget it… Where exactly are we going?"

Posted at

-is trace the cyborg? cause he is on Kael's side.

"Answer Lord Kael!" Trace said. Trace stayed by Kael to make sure nothing happen to him. Wolf looked at them. Why bring them he thought. they where the only… err humans with them to go on this. "I don't like draging up the pass but where did you get that armor, boy?" Asked Wolf. Trace looked at Wolf and said "I'm not telling you." Piss ass kid, thought Wolf as he turned to where he was at.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

We are going to the south. At the basin of what use to be an ancient lake is the temple. We'll find the find the topaz and diamond near the ancient roadway. I need only your service with the dragon, he nearly killed me last time I met him. The ruby is five miles from where we are headed. The problem is that the legends do not say what will happen except things shall return to the ways they were. My memory is not good enough to tell you any more. I shall see you at my camp, and don't worry about the air and water, I have purified them both. I will return, Carl will keep the saphire so you can be sure I don't break my promise. I shall see you then.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Outside, Demon Eye lifts up the back of his robe to reveal two sets of wings. One on top that is larger and is angelic, and a lower set that is half the size and is demonic. He flaps and takes off. He heads south towards an old town. there he searches an old tavern that was left, he finds a dimond the size of his fist that seems to glow. Outside he leaves again only to stop at another town, this one was populated not long ago. "Cojo has come this way, the blood is still fresh." Sliding his wings into the robe, he begins to sense around the town. He finds what he is looking for, the topaz was at the northern most house. "Home sweet home," he walks to the anceint sanctum, inside lies the bones of someone in a strange suit. "Jeeves, reveal your bound soul." Suddenly a man appears in the same suit. "What may I get you sir?" "Show where I hid the topaz gem." "Right this way sir." The ghost lead the figure up towards what could only be asumed the master bedroom. There Demon Eye pulls down a painting and reveals a safe. He dials in the numbers and pulls the leaver, it opens to reveal a topaz gem. He grabs it but senses a dark figure nearby, he spreads his wings and flies north back to Kaeltown, to warn of what has happened.

Posted at

* notices demon eye coming *

Dead Carl: he is bearer of bad new's….. i have to get my goblet ….

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

We may have problem, Cojo is back and he has killed a nearby town. We may have to leave sooner then I thought, Kael, Cojo is not dead yet. I apparently only got him 150 miles away from the city. He is headed this way and he knows of the gems. We must hurry, Kael, a moment. *takes out medium size crystal feather* Specialty feather, time warp sphere!

*In warped time* Kael, the town Cojo destroyed was once my home, I have come to call this city my home away from home, now I must call it my home. Understand, my only living family was there, I am the only one of my species left now; I hope you can forgive me for the trouble I have brought to you but you know that house in outscerts of the city that camp was always the place I stayed, and to think I once found you there when you were given that M-16. Just tell me if it will okay for me to stay in the city, I will do what I am told and I will protect this place if the need comes.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

I'm getting really tiredc of time getting frozen.
"I wish somebody would warn me when they're about to do that… It turns my stomach when time freezes 3 times in a conversation." Kael sighed.
"Assuming you'll keep the peace you're free to join us. Of course that will have to wait until we finish your quest."

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

I will keep the peace, but I want you to keep what I have told you a secret. I don't need the pity of the others on the quest.

*removes time sphere*

Okay, we are leaving in the morning. There is no time to explain, but this will be neccisary for the city to survive.

*later, Demon Eye is tending the fire of his camp, unable to sleep*

Curse this demon, I can not sleep when things like this happen. I hope Kael doesn't find out about my real identity, after what I did.

Posted at

- I really didn't want Cojo back. This is also another town that what Coveinant was talking about.

Cojo had just finished another off. The ground of caltown was scattered with the bodies, all with no arms or legs. For some reason He would not eat anything but the arms or legs. "… how did I get away? Someone saved me… but who?" He asked himself. then he was hit in the back of the head. His head slumped forward, then he jerked his head back up and turned around. A girl no older that 15 was holding a rifle pointed at him. She was shaking as she pulled the trigger again. Nothing. She had used her last bullet wain she hit Cojo. Cojo just smiled. "I know what to do with you." he said as he attacked her. An hour later he came out of a house and left that town. The girl the left the house with a note in hand. She ran to Kaeltown as fast as she could. No animal would go near her. They all knew what had happen.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

They had been riding a full day when they encountered the girl and her Message. Cojo truly was alive. One, two, three times that we've killed him know? Next time we'll have to cut him up and burn the pieces. They had cut one of the extra horses from the train and sent the girl on to the town. Such a shame. Nobody should have to endure that. They had arrived at the small holding that had been Cal-town later that day and picked up Cojo's trail. They'd been following it ever since. The creature moved as swift as their horses. It was no detour. Cojo was moving south as well. Towards the Sicklands.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Hm, that girl, there was a strange darkness to her.

*falls asleep and dreams of the past*

*Demon eye, then called Coveinant, is walking to what is to be called Kaeltown*
Two women: I heard Kael was to get his father's M-16, oh, hello Coveinant, nice to see you again.

Ladies. So Kael is to receive his father's weapon, nice to see it was given to him and not someone else. *Coveinant is headed for his tent outside the limits, as he enters his tent there is a young boy laying in his cot* Hm, it is Kael, I wonder what he is doing here. *walks up and wakes a young Kael* Young man, what are doing here, this is no place for you to be, there are monsters that will eat you. You know the reaper does not care of your age, only if you are dead. Now tell me what is your reason for being here.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

*in Coveinant's dream* Kael gripped the ancient Emixeen in both hands as though afraid to let it go. "I want to go after the Brigands who killed papa… Will you help me?"
"You should go back boy, your mother would never forgive the loss of two patriarchs in the same year." "I'm not a Child anymore I killed three of them already!" "Will you go whether I help you or not?" "Yes, Turrin and Yerb are good with their weapons we could hunt down the rest of them!" "very well little Grounder very well"

Kael awoke with a start and spun around Demon Eye was watching him levelly. He had dozed in the saddle somehow. Self-consciously Kael's hand reached up to touch one of the scars on his chest. That had been a long time ago, a trip from which Yerb and Rivet had not come back. When the winters still were still cold enough to kill a walking man with a single gust of wind. With his long-ago learned mental discipline he firmly placed those hard memories back behind the mists time.

The team rode on.

Posted at

"What is the problem Lord Keal?" asked Trace as they rode along. Wolf just watched them. Why does he do that? Why call him lord? Wolf thought. Somewhere head of them Cojo was running toward The sicklands. "Damn Humans! I kill one town and they chase me here… Or are they chasing me? Could they want something In the helllands*?" (He's name for the sicklands) He talked to himself.

The girl got to kaeltown with a thing from Kael himself. The townspeople greeted her and put her up at the Inn for the night. She fell on to the bed and cried herself to sleep.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Kael, You all right. I hope he doesn't remember much. I not one to be narcacitic but there is a storm coming this way. We may have a problem, the horses have never been one to like the storms, and neither do I. We may want to camp for the night, there is a cave coming up, it'd be best.

*group stops for the night to avoid the storm, inside the cave*

Tread lightly, this is my family's burial ground, I have brought the dead from Caltown. I'll go deeper, you stay here.

*Demon Eye leaves with a crytal box in hand*

*Deep in the cave, at an old shrine, Demon Eye knealing with the box in a small spot at the center*

Carl, I thought I told you to stay back towards the entrance. This is no place for a vampire. My family lies here and the undead makes their souls restless.
*Demon Eye turns, the demon eye turns human*
I have yet to take this form for the fear Kael will remember what I am responsible for. If your wandering, when Kael was young and you were still human in your father's eyes, I went with Kael with his brothers. Only he and I returned, I doubt that he has forgiven me. That thing where I feel asleep and Kael so followed was a Coveinent ability, sight share, I need you to keep this a secret.

*the eye returns to demonic and the two return to the entrance*

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Wolf saw it first and held up a hand. They had been traveling on the old rural road 5 for a week. The path ended in a pair of half buried metal beams laying across the road. Ahead and through a clearing a larger graveled road ran east to west. To the southeast they could see the remains of several grain silos. they heard a bell ringing from that direction. "It could be a Brigand fort, the further south we go the more of them we'll see. We need to go past it though." Kael spoke with a certainty that belied his stationary upbringing. Once they crossed the clearing however it became clear that it was a Grounder town. As they approached a warning shot pinged into the dirt ahead of them.

A voice sounded from behind a tall wall "STATE YOUR INTENTIONS OUTSIDERS!"

Kael responded "WE SIMPLY WISH TO PASS! LESS WE MIGHT RE-PROVISION?"

A moment later came the response "HAVE YOU ITEMS TO TRADE?"

Kael turned and regarded the mules they had loaded with goods for just that purpose.

"AYE WE DO!"

"COME AHEAD THEN!"

with that a gate opened and they were allowed into a walled off trader's much like the one in Kaeltown. An inner door opened and sentries appeared on the walls.
An armed party emerged, though one carrying supplies. A grin broke out on the leader's face. "I'll be gawdamned, never thought I'd see you again Kael!"
Kael dismounted storde forward and embraced the woman. "Nor I Wayla, but it is good to see you sister."

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Wayla, I thought I'd never hear that name again. After that time long ago, I only wish I didn't have to see that man to your right again. Hello Ryo, I thought you had been killed, and I had wished it too. I never wanted to see you again, son.

(Ryo is a demonistic Coveinent, Demon Eye is a combination of a demon and an angel Coveinent.)

Ryo: Nice to see you again father. *evil smile* Ah, Jayce, nice to see you again, how is your fam-oops, I killed them, *Demon Eye holds back Jayce* MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted at

"wha? this is your Sister Lord Kael?" said Trace. Then he saw Ryo and heard what he said. He just glared at him. Wolf sat down his stuff and started a fire. He got out a metal grill plate and uesd some sticks to hold it up. He then begain to cook some meat.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

(As it turns out Demon Eye is related to everyone else's story in one way or another)

*As Wolf prepared his food, Demon Eye ran up and grabbed Ryo, the people pointed their weapons at him.*

When did you become like this, you may be an adult but you were never like this when I had to leave.

Ryo: *shocked* Th-th-three years after you left, some mutant came and killed mother, I was so angry I lost my feathers and became Coveinent Ria.

Caltown has been destroyed, probably by the same person, I left because I found I was the reason for the ruin. I left you responsible for the families of Caltown including Jayce's family. You go and kill them, I thought I had taught you better.

*Suddenly, crystal feathers grow out of the demon wings*
Ryo: Father, I remembered what you taught me. *kneals* I pray that find forgiveness, and see that I go with you; I can give you, with your help, a better travel vehicle.

Fine.

Together: Specialty feather *both throw three feathers plus a rebirth, small, feather* rebirth combination-Crystal Skid.

*A vehicle that looks like a Sol-moon cutler sword with crab legs forms*

This will allow us to move faster, or we can use it to carry the supplies, it is stronger than a mule.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Kael and the others looked on in shock and amazement. The local Grounders aimed more than one set of weapons at the scene.
If that was Ryo, and demon eye is his father then…..

Wayla broke both the silence and brought Kaels attention back to the scene.
"Won't you and your friends come inside Kael? You are clearly no threat to us, you're family." With that they made their way inside of the castle.

Long ago the place had been a grain silo. When the sky had brightened and the long night began the nearby farmers had hurried their harvests to this place and taken shelter with the fruits of their labors. As a result it had become one of the many Grounder holdings. It had a a tall thick wall and many old poured-stone buildings. As if by tradition the other nearby farms nearby still brought their harvests to the tall grain towers for safe keeping against the many raiders in the area.

The sun set and a veritable banquet of grains, bread, cheese meat, and vegetables was laid out. Even some corn malt liquor. But despite the merriment Kael had but one thought on his mind. Coveinant. Why have you returned, and why did your hide yourself from me?

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

*At the banuet Demon Eye refused to eat as did Ryo*

It is too close to my transformation for me to eat. Ryo did not eat even before his maturational transformation.

*After words, Demon Eye left and went to the crystal skid, to see how the resupply was doing*

I do not beleive my eyes, this was once a brigad fortress, now it is a grounder city. What could have made this place so different.
*smells the air, there is a stench of fresh blood*
There is still the stench of blood, wait. *runs to the wall, and scales the side of the thick wall using demon claws. What he sees at the top stuns him, three feilds are on fire*

ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH(end do it with demon tone)

*With that the feathers on Demon Eye's right wing shatter leaving nothing but a demon wing and his lower wings have disappeared, and his skin turns black and claws and a tail grow. With a leap, the dark mass that was Demon Eye leaped and went towards the fire*

AAARRRRRRNNN.

*during the night, thirty brigads die and are eaten by some kind of demon said the only survivors of the night, who were tied up. The poeple nor the group will never learn of what happened that night*

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

The next morning, the people go out and find the brigands that survived the night. They are so scared they looked they have wet themselves.

A Brigand: A-a-a-a-a-a-a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-demon, the le-le-le-leader was eaten by it.

The skid was fully stocked and Demon Eye, now returned to his normal state, was the most ready to leave.

As the group is starting to leave the sentries point their guns at the group, Demon Eye and Ryo in particular.

Sentri: We have our orders, we are not to let you two leave until this matter is resolved.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

When the morning came some wept openly at what they saw. only a few of the fields had burnt. The farmers who cared for them all slept inside the fort. Kael looked on the charred and half eaten bodies from very high up. The old grain silos had crumbled some but still towered over the surrounding countryside. They made excellent towers. He walked over to Wayla and leaned against the ballista next to her. She aimlessly toed a bucket of pitch covered bolts. Last time I came through here it was a overrun by Brigands. I beleive we buried Rivet just over there…"
"You don't owe me an explanation I've heard the story from the farmers who helped."
"Those men couldn't be allowed to live"
"You exacted our revenge, there is no faulting you for that."
"and we secured not only our safety, but returned this place to its rightful owners."
"I'm not arguing with you Kael, I know you did what was right"

They fell silent for a moment. The people below had re-dug a pit and were beginning to pile the dead raiders in it.

"I didn't want mother to send you here, Wayla. I thought you should have taken up Emixeen not I."
"It couldn't be helped. This place would have fallen again if it were not for our taking ownership of it. This close to the south the Raids never stop."

The pile was set aflame. Just as Kael and Yerb had done long ago.
"So this is your home now? Have you come to love it?"
"Yes Kael I have. I forgave you long ago for being the one to stay while I left."
"Thank you for the maps sister, you have my word we'll return this way."
"I love you Kael, Don't go and die on me."
"Same here and, do the same"

With that Kael left and the journey resumed.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Tell me Kael, what did you say to your sister to get us out of there. I didn't think me or Ryo would leave with our lives.

*Kael looks away as if ignoring him*

Fine, you do not want to talk about it. Carl you have been very quiet since the cave, you don't seem yourself.

*as the day goes by Demon Eye is trying to find out what the members of the group know of last nights events but finds they know very little*

We are coming up on an intersection, I will spilt off for now to get the ruby, I will meet you *takes map out and hands it to Kael* here, We will then head for past the death pit, and on to the temple. Ryo you stay and tell them of my past, I think Kael figured out who I am.

*without another thought, Demon Eye takes the left path as the group heads right. later that night the group camps in secluded space so to learn of their misterious friend*

Ryo: My father was the first of his species in the new age. He may have been the one responsible for the cataclysm, but no one knows. He has been called Coveinant ever since his transformation; after the cataclysm he was one of the people to purify the air and water to save the remaining humans. He fought along side many of your fathers including Kael's in the mutant wars (great war against the mutant attackers). After that he created Caltown and met my mother, and they had me. At age five, I became a full fleidged Coveinent, and two years later my father left. Three years later this Cojo attacked the village, we tried to defend it the best we could, but he killed many including my mother. I soon went out and killed Jayce's family, I now see the error in my ways, I could not control my demon as my father has for two centuries and I took it out on the one family that did not get hurt by Cojo. After he left, I do not know what happened to him, I am sorry, but he left this note for you Kael, to give after I told everything I knew. *hands note to Kael*

Posted at

"How touching…" Said Cojo. The Group stopped but Trace got off his horse before they could. "Cojo!" Said Trace as He got his sword out. Cojo then pulled Trace's other sword that was stuck in his body back in kaeltown. "Thanks for the sword Brother" Cojo said. Trace's armor went into Battle Mode as Trace rushed toward Cojo. Their swords clashed about three times before Cojo punched Trace into the adjacent rock wall. "I don't have any reason to fight you guys, but I want to know what business you have in the helllands…" Cojo said. "Liar!" yelled trace as a Plasma Energy beam raced toward Cojo. Cojo dodged The blast. As the dust cleared, everyone could see that Trace had some type of gun in his hand. "Damn it, Trace! You are more in tune with that armor than I thought!" Yelled Cojo. Wolf then jumped off his horse and pulled two M-16s from his robe. He pointed them at Cojo and fired. Cojo dodged them and run up the rocky hill side. "You have not seen the last of me! I swear on it! Grrrahhhh!" Cojo yelled as he disappeared. Wolf then put his guns away and got back on his horse. "Damn mutant…" he said to himself.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

Ryo: Damn, that was the single most disturbing thing I have seen. But you may have been too quick to judge. *leaps from skid* I sensed he told the truth, though he killed my mother, I beleive him; you may doubt me but Coveinent have the ability to sense humans, whether be mutant or regular, true desires.

*the group does not speek for the rest of the night, they hit the reindeveu point with no Demon Eye in sight*

*two days later* Ryo: it is close to the new moon, and father hasn't returned. I hople he has not transformed again.

*as Ryo says that, a tatered Demon Eye appears around the corner and he is carring a rather large ruby.*

Did I miss much. It looks as if you have seen Cojo, I met him along the way too. I told him of our purpose in order for him to stop chasing us.

*three days later, the group is nearing the death pit, a large crator that is a physical link to hell*

The Hell pit, I thought I'd never have to come here again. Tell me Trace, you look scared have you never been this close to the pit before, don't worry the reaper only care if you are dead and we are alive.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.