Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

To Be A Master, A Pokemon Community Project (Name Pending)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

This has been mentioned in DRUNK DUCK News on Gigcast #106! Check it out!

Neat! But… if Warspritecomic has been promoting this all over the place without me knowing, that is great (and if so, thanks!) but I'm heading the project, not him >3>; At least… I'm pretty sure I am…
D-OH!

I'm an idiot. :(

Posted at

Neat! But… if Warspritecomic has been promoting this all over the place without me knowing, that is great (and if so, thanks!) but I'm heading the project, not him >3>; At least… I'm pretty sure I am…
D-OH!

I'm an idiot. :(

It's alright ^.^;; No big deal :3

does the plot involve the ledgendary pokemon(s)?

Nothing planned for that, though something to that extent might happen.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Can you take legendaries out of the tournament itself?

Nothing ruins pokemon like everyone having a legendary.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Trainer time!

Name: Ace

Team:
"Daft'd" Farfetch'd (Level 91)
"Kindo" Nidoking (Level 76)
"Picasso" Smeargle (Level 36)
"Decidu" Torterra (Level 55)
"Torrent" Blastoise (Level 82)
"Chartle" Torkoal {Level 45)

Rankings: All Kanto/Jhoto/Hoenn badges, 5 badges into Sinnoh

Background: Ace was born in the harsh Orre region, but just before his tenth birthday, his parents sent him off to live with his Aunt in Kanto so he could become a successful Pokemon Trainer. His first pokemon was a wild Farfetch'd who he caught rooting through his Aunt's garden for a Leek, upon giving chase the Farfetch'd fell into a well where Ace promptly rescued him. Shortly after the two became best friends. Eventually after getting the Kanto and Jhoto badges (but never quite beating the Elite Four) Ace decided to devote himself to becoming a Pokemon Ranger. During his travels around the regions, he often stops at the gyms to test his battle strength.

Personality: Ace is very stubborn and rushes into situations where he could get hurt in his attempts to rescue pokemon. He has a bit of a weak-spot for food and is constantly eating. Ace has a bit of a stubborn streak and doesn't like to be ordered around. He frets constantly about Daft'd, much to Daft'd's chagrin. Some say that Ace babies his Farfetch'd.

Daft'd's Personality: Daft'd is unique in that he normally doesn't stay in a pokeball unless there is an emergency or he's tired. He also is unique in that he wears a scarf that Ace made out of the old shirt he used to wrap Daft'd in when they first met, it's a very important object to both of them. Daft'd is a bit arrogant and tough-headed and often gets into 'fights' with Ace. These fights are generally no more than simple roughousing or minor disagreements.

Hopefully that's enough details.

Posted at

Heh. I'm glad that it was me you said was promoting the project. Alas I'm not, since I have only just made my trainer.

I'm in half a rush so I'll upload a sprite version of Garth for colour coding.

Direct link to the image http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4726/pokemontrainer001gj3.jpg

edit: here's the sprite of him:
If you can't tell what colour is what, the trousers are a jeans colour, he's got blond hair, his hat's a golden yellow colour, his fingerless gloves and jacket is brown and his T-Shirt is A light-ish grey. Hope you understand that.

Name: Garth

Team:
"Speedy" Rattata (Level 74)
"Cyclops" Steelix (Level 54)
"Carbuncle" Persian (Level 42)
"Fitzimmons" Machamp (Level 53)
"Volcanus" Typhlosian (Level 57)
"Mimic" Ditto {Level 39)

Rankings: All of the Kanto badges

Background: He comes from the old Lavender town, near the Pokemon tower in Kanto. He comes from a deeply religious family but he left home when he was 13 to travel. He never used to want to be a pokemon trainer, but when he was attacked by a wild Rattata, a strange man came and caught it for him. After that he started to train his rattata and went and finished all of the Kanto badges. He usually stays at Pewter City to train his Rattata with the rock-type pokemon.

Personality: He is extremely stubborn because of his strict upbringing. He Only does things his way or else he just leaves. Even though he is very stubborn, he rarely gets angry and usually favours tactics over brute strength. He enjoys his Rattata's company so much he has stopped him from evolving for years.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

It's Kuumba, but retooled for this project.
Info Here

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

Trainer time!

COOLEST. TRAINER. EVER. :D

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Let me guess - Daft'd knows Roost.

You wouldn't believe how happy I was when they finally gave Farfetch'd a recovery move aside from Rest.

So yeah, that and Bodyslam, Sand Attack and Air Slash.

marine
marine
Posted at

Me and my mudkip will fudge up anybody else's pokemans. Also in typical anime video game fashion, my power is that I have lots and lots of powers.

My sprite sheet:

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

For the past month, Pokemon has encompassed my entire life. I wrote a damn comic about it. I am so in this.

On a side note, hopefully no legendaries will be used in the tournament. Nothing ruins a battle faster than fielding ubers.

Me and my mudkip will fudge up anybody else's pokemans.

So, I herd u liek mudkips?

Posted at

(comic link)

Ahahaha that comic is so true :D

Alrighty, I got some pictures! First off, I'll introduce my trainer(s) cuz he needs introducing! And further developing, but I'm impatient and meant to do this before I went to sleep (but didn't! :( Sad me)

Details are here!

Second we have our hosts, two of the worlds greatest trainers! Red on the left (Who is not going to be keeping those sunglasses, that was just an idea I pitched in that I dun like so I'm not keeping them), and Crystal on the right.

Finally, Sawyer (yeah that's right >:| … I was listening to Rush when I named her. >_>; ), one of the investigators looking into the disappearances who believes something is wrong with the whole tournament. She uses Ghost type Pokemon to slueth about.

I'm also going to sketch up some locations here in a little bit, and then once I get done with that, its comic time =D

Also, yay farfetch'd! Farfetch'd is definately one of my favorite Pokemon ^^

Nobody should be feilding legendaries, holy crap I would strangle them because I don't like having to fight them in my game, I sure don't like to fight them when I'm trying to have fun with everyone in the community.

Speaking of other interests that are relevant, aauuuugh I wish I had my wifi cuz I'm sure there are plenty of you that would be game for a battle or 60 ;_;

… as I end this post I feel like I'm forgetting important details. Help me out ya'll D:

Posted at

so can you make your own pokemon? for the element of suprise because personally I think that would be cool but eitehrway I'm in though I barely remember any pokemon or their attacks YAY. lol

Hero
Hero
Posted at

The link you posted keeps taking me back to the home page, Gigas. It's this right?

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Name: Evan

Sex: male

Team: "Greenwing" Golduck, male (lvl 95)
"Snowball" Delibird, female (lvl 57)
"Mallard" Magmar, female (lvl 64)

Ranking: All Kanto and Johto badges.

Personality: Evan is a bit bi-polar, he can be very sensitive at time….other times he yells in frustration for no apparent reason, But very rarely will you see him skipping and smiling joyfully.

Background: Evan came from the little quiet town of snowport city, fishing for magikarp was his hobby until he snagged a psyduck. The two were inseperatable the day he caught it. He started traveling at the age of 15, the trainers in sinnoh were too tough for him so he decided to start out in kanto and go on from there.

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

Okay! finished with my Bio. and i did it this was because i'm just this much of a pokeafreak. ^_^

Background: His mother ran a Pokemon beauty parlour and he would spend many of his weekends helping her. His father ran off to become a Pokemon master when he was little. and so when he was old enough he was determined to go off and find him. but as he grew up he became inspired to become a Pokemon breeder after seeing so many peoples different Pokemon and how different each one turns out depending on how they're raised. but none the less he still went out to travel around when he hit sixteen to find his father and see whether or not he succeeded in his quest.

personality: A vain young man, who does have a refreshingly honest attitude. He acts innocently, saying things off the top off his head in an open minded fashion. He can come across as rude, or brash because of this. He acts like a bit of a ditz, but he shows some signs of amazing intelligence when he wants to. He is very stubborn when it comes to decisions, because it usually take him some time to think about them, but when he has a plan he sticks to it like glue.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Got my guy done. The picture looks like ass, so I may redo it, however.

Thomas, 15, Dude, OCD Breeder/Trainer, yadayada…

Thomas is an obsessive trainer, thanks to his ability to read strategy guides and Pokemon movesets for hours on end. He can name the base stats and movesets for nearly every Pokemon out there, and is a heavy chain breeder. He's known to prepare obsessively for any event, no matter how small. From IV breeding to EV training, Thomas looks to have the strongest Pokemon out there. Outside of Pokemon, however, he takes very few things seriously, and maintains a playful/idiotic demeanor.

Team (whenever I get around to making one):
1. "Seizure" - Porygon-Z
2. "Ian" - Smeargle
3. "Shuckers" - Shuckle
4. (Spot empty)
5. (Spot empty)
6. (Spot empty)

Jesus Christ, I wrote a bio for a self-insertion Mary Sue Pokemon fan character. Time to kill myself…

Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. First, we'd set up a large tournament listing, with matchups and rounds, pitting one DD user against another for each round. Next, the two users would battle via Wi-Fi, and then illustrate the results of the battle.

For example:

Say that I'm paired against hpkomic for the first round, and he kicks my Shuckle-loving ass. We'd keep the results to ourselves, but we'd take turns drawing pages, illustrating the battle, and the rest of the community will learn of how the battle went by the comic. And each round could have different rules- for example, the first round could be a strict three-on-three, the second round could be a lv. 50 battle, or the last round could be a two-on-two battle. I think it would be pretty sweet.

But what of the losers? Are they to stay out of the comic for the duration of the project? No! They can take part in the back plot, and learn why Trainer's Pokeballs are being stolen, and band together for a final confrontation at the end of the story! (Or something).

Feel free to change what you want. Just know that I think this would be frickin' sweet.

Posted at

so can you make your own pokemon? for the element of suprise because personally I think that would be cool but eitehrway I'm in though I barely remember any pokemon or their attacks YAY. lol

… whut? ^^; Keep to the official Pokemon please, no making them up.

Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. (etc.)

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but that would end up excluding anyone who doesn't actually own Daimond or Pearl, or even just happen to be unable to connect to wifi (Like myself ;_;). Plus, simataneously, it would also be not so fun for those casual players who don't happen to crunch numbers like we do ;P Nothing ruins your Pokemon day like getting owned horribly D:

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, you have a chance to help build the colluseums! Scattered throughout all of the superstructure, are a colluseum for each Pokemon type, and I just don't think I could design each and every one of them myself without them getting boring. So, if you're willing, pitch in a concept for each type! ((Though Electric is mine, I love my electric Pokemon and colluseum >.> … oh and I suppose I already have a plan for fire too))

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

… whut? ^^; Keep to the official Pokemon please, no making them up.

Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. (etc.)

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but that would end up excluding anyone who doesn't actually own Daimond or Pearl, or even just happen to be unable to connect to wifi (Like myself ;_;). Plus, simataneously, it would also be not so fun for those casual players who don't happen to crunch numbers like we do ;P Nothing ruins your Pokemon day like getting owned horribly D:

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, you have a chance to help build the colluseums! Scattered throughout all of the superstructure, are a colluseum for each Pokemon type, and I just don't think I could design each and every one of them myself without them getting boring. So, if you're willing, pitch in a concept for each type! ((Though Electric is mine, I love my electric Pokemon and colluseum >.> … oh and I suppose I already have a plan for fire too))

Yeah I got dial-up, they don't have broadband out here (and they said they WERE going to put it out ere but its been about a year since I asked)

DIBS on the Water colluseum!

Posted at

I'll add a profile later for now I'm way too sick but for now I leave you with this

"he may only have one arm… but it packs one hell of a catch."

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I will totally do the fire coliseum. This is the kind of thing I used to do when I was like eleven and I still remember what I wanted to do. Give me a figurative second and I'll get a rough draft.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Oh…I am so very tempted to join this…but the problem would be that I am not familiar with the newer pokemon…so I'd have to go old skool. Hmm

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

colluseums are like the arenas the pokemon have to fight in right? I wouldn't mind designing one i guess :-S

oh and i now own Pokemon Diamond and a brand new shiny DS. :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.