Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

To Be A Master, A Pokemon Community Project (Name Pending)

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

EDIT: What about Dark pokemon? Are they allowed?

Do you mean Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum/XD? They've only been seen in Orre, and unless Team Snagem or Cipher interfere with the tournament, I don't think we'll see them. Oh wait. I think the greatest threat to the Pokemon world so far has been Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (especially Shadow Lugia), maybe they can be involved in this thing! That would just be pure awesomeness!

Actually, I meant Dark pokemon like we see in the Team Rocket expansions (Like the TCG and what Shrimpy has on his site).

Dark pokemon, as per Team Rocket and Return of Team Rocket, are probably worse than Shadow Pokemon. Dark Pokemon are inherently cruel, a cruelness brought out with other methods than artificially closing the heart of a pokemon. It's not quite as reversible and the pokemon are often much more wild. They're meaner and harder to control, but they don't get any special moves like Shadow pokemon.

Imagine a showdown involving a trainer that totally loses control of a Dark or Shadow pokemon.

magnus911
magnus911
Posted at

Actually, I meant Dark pokemon like we see in the Team Rocket expansions (Like the TCG and what Shrimpy has on his site).

Dark pokemon, as per Team Rocket and Return of Team Rocket, are probably worse than Shadow Pokemon. Dark Pokemon are inherently cruel, a cruelness brought out with other methods than artificially closing the heart of a pokemon. It's not quite as reversible and the pokemon are often much more wild. They're meaner and harder to control, but they don't get any special moves like Shadow pokemon.

Imagine a showdown involving a trainer that totally loses control of a Dark or Shadow pokemon.

Oh, those things. I have some cards of those actually. I never really liked them… they weren't as powerful as my other cards XD.

Dark and Shadow Pokemon would definitely make things more interesting in this event.

Posted at

Hmm, Isn't Houndor and Houndoom dark Pokemon? I'm sure Dark was another type (rarely used, like metal pokemon or something) to combat the overall Pwnage of psycic pokemon. Like I said there are only a few pokemon in Gold and Silver that are actually the dark type.

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

Yea… :-S i'm getting confused here with the shadow and dark thing. i'm pretty sure Dark is a pokemon type. isn't there a gym or something for it?
pokemon Diamond is a huuuuge game!!!! T_T I've already played it for 10 hours and I'm still stuck with 2 badges!!!! i want fly…

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

Yea… :-S i'm getting confused here with the shadow and dark thing. i'm pretty sure Dark is a pokemon type. isn't there a gym or something for it?
pokemon Diamond is a huuuuge game!!!! T_T I've already played it for 10 hours and I'm still stuck with 2 badges!!!! i want fly…

Yeah, if you haven't played the games things can get confusing. XP
Dark pokemon are the pokemon TYPE, but Shadow pokemon refer to a certain STATUS that some pokemon can achieve. Shadow Pokes are basically pokemon that have been "turned evil" through artificial means. Imagine the evil twin aspect of yourself, only you've been scientifically altered to BECOME that alternate personality.

I think that Gigas Dragon should have the final say in whatever we propose. There are some great ideas here, but because it's his idea and event, he may have something already in mind. Throwing more stuff into the mix might just complicate it, but I'm not saying there might not be any room for it. :)

PS: I updated Gloria's team stats. Team levels are gone, hurrah! :D

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Rin Delfria
Height: 4'8
Info: She's short with a temper to match and is easily annoyed. Often mistaken for a younger child she tries to keep a tough exterior, though at times she finds it difficult. She doesn't limit her standards when it comes to strength, often searching for higher skilled poketrainers.

Team
Pikachu- lvl 46
Articuno- lvl 39
Venusaur- lvl 40
Flareon- lvl 27
Squirtle- lvl 33
Geodude- lvl 20

<—lawlz her pikachu

magnus911
magnus911
Posted at

Yeah, if you haven't played the games things can get confusing. XP
Dark pokemon are the pokemon TYPE, but Shadow pokemon refer to a certain STATUS that some pokemon can achieve. Shadow Pokes are basically pokemon that have been "turned evil" through artificial means. Imagine the evil twin aspect of yourself, only you've been scientifically altered to BECOME that alternate personality.

I think that Gigas Dragon should have the final say in whatever we propose. There are some great ideas here, but because it's his idea and event, he may have something already in mind. Throwing more stuff into the mix might just complicate it, but I'm not saying there might not be any room for it. :)

PS: I updated Gloria's team stats. Team levels are gone, hurrah! :D

Yes, Dark is a type of Pokemon, however, in the TCG "Team Rocket" and "Return of Team Rocket" set, there are some Pokemon that are called "Dark", but are not necessarily the Dark type. eg. Dark Meowth.

These Dark Pokemon were just raised evilly(like abuse and stuff) by Team Rocket to turn them into more aggressive and terrifying fighting machines. Technically they're non-canon, since it is only a TCG set, and Shadow Pokemon seem to have taken their spot in the games. If you don't know where Shadow Pokemon come from, they only appear in the GameCube Pokemon games. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, both of which take place in the Orre region.

I do agree that Gigas Dragon should have the final say, he did come up with this very awesome idea.

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

Ooooh i see. i never got around to buying the game cube games :3

Posted at

I got a bit confused when you said the dark Pokemon. I mean, anything that has happened about pokemon before pokemon Ruby and Saphire I probably know.
I mean I used to be the best Pokemon TCG player when I was younger. God I feel like such a nerd XD

Posted at

Hey guys, sorry that I haven't posted in a while, pretty busy with a few things and now I'm visiting family, so I'm not able to access my machine at home. Hopefully I'll be able to get things started sometime by the end of next week or so. If not, well, I really need to focus more >_>

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

These Dark Pokemon were just raised evilly(like abuse and stuff) by Team Rocket to turn them into more aggressive and terrifying fighting machines. Technically they're non-canon, since it is only a TCG set, and Shadow Pokemon seem to have taken their spot in the games.

Not Quite

There are "Dark" pokemon in the anime, as well.

This is a Dark Tyranitar from the anime. Note the darker skin color and evil expression.

Posted at

Well, I think we have sorted out what dark Pokemon are.

Anyways scrap my idea for my trainer. Just quite a bit too… cliché. I've got another one comic tommorrow once I finish the drawing. It's going to be a bit more, different (think Superman style trainer)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.