Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

To Be A Master, A Pokemon Community Project (Name Pending)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I'd like to switch mine to the "Ice Arena". I'm really bad when it comes to drawing water.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

(NOTE: I left it out but the bottom half of the pokeballs on his top/trousers are white.)
Nateorion.

Pokemon Researcher and Hunter.

Team:
"Rach(Ray-ch)" Charmander(female) (Level 95)
"Smee" Totodile(Male) (Level 89)
"Twiggy" Turtwig(Male) (Level 40)
"Raptorex" Staraptor(Male) (Level 50)
"Emily" Sandslash(female) (Level 90)
"Lex Luthor" Abra {Level 33)

Rankings: All Kanto, Johto badges. 5 Hoenn badges. 2 Sinnoh badges.

Background:

After defeating the first two regions Orion got bored of the gym battles and devoted his time to locating and capturing pokemon as a "Hunter" for others to raise money. This is what he enjoys, the thrill of the chase, the love of the fight, the feeling of winning.

He also researches pokemon in his spare time, trying to unlock more and more of the secrets that still surround pokemon. Keeps in contact with Prof.Oak, his idol and hopes one day to not only complete the pokedex but to discover a new, never seen, never documented pokemon and thus, surpass his idol.

Personality: He hunts pokemon for a living, what do you think? :/

Posted at

Yes, Yes, YES! I want to participate too!

Lan (Lanny) Viron

Age 14

Passive Pokemon Trainer

Lan trains pokemon as a hobby, but not an obsession. He attends Rustboro High School, thus, he has less time and devotion to pokemon training. However, he has gone on trips to other cities for the badges. Unlike other trainers, he does not EV train his pokemon. However, this does not make him a pushover. He knows perfectly well what he's doing and usually learns from his failures and corrects the problem. He tends to use up summer vacation looking for less common Pokemon such as Chimecho and Relicanth. Furthermore, he likes to catch pokemon not native to Hoenn.

Team
1: Watson (Combusken)
2: Razr (Sceptile)
3: Zen (Gastrodon)
4: Nozo (Raichu)
5: Rowan (Honchkrow)
6: Lucario

(This list is a mix of my Sapphire team and my Diamond team. Yes, I actually have a Raichu named Nozo)

As you can all tell, he loves the pokemon Combusken.

Posted at

This is cool!

Name: Emm

Sex: Female

Team: Chi-Chi {male} Blazikin (lvl 94)
Adela {female} Espeon (lvl 60)
Ridic {male} Umbreon (lvl 59)
Livvy {female} Noctowl (lvl 75)
Serena {female} Altaria

In storage:
Belle {female} Milotic (lvl 62)
Slate {male} Absol (lvl 56)
Sool {female} Gardevoir (lvl 58)

Personality: Very caring, but shy. Would rather sleep outside then rent a room at a hotel.

Background: Emm lived on a berry grove with her grandma. One day, when she was 7, a hord of Ninjask came after her. All of the sudden, a torchic saved her from them. They became close from that day on, even though her poor Chi-Chi was blind. Braking the stariotypes, she taught her Blazikin 'Ultrasonic' so it could 'see'.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

So how does this all work out, do we make side-stories about our characters or is it all on one comic.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

The story seems great for a Pokemon Comic (especially since it won't be sprite). I hope you accept my character!

Deviantart
http://jules15.deviantart.com/art/John-64977997

Name: John

Occuptation: Trainer

Rankings: All Kanto/Johto Badges

Team:

Mighty (Primeape) Lvl 63

Flame (Charmeleon) Lvl 45

Psi (Alakazam) Lvl 85

Alaster (Togetic) Lvl 70

Shrew (Sandslash) Lvl 57

Background: John was a lead-counselor at a Kanto Pokemon Trainer Camp a few summers ago, and now is an established Pokemon League Champion of the Kanto and Johto leagues. His first and main pokemon is his Primeape nicknamed Mighty. He received a Charmander egg (Flame) from a famous professor back in Kanto. It's currently a lvl 45 Charmeleon. A friend that he lost a while back gave him Alaster (the togetic).

John has yet to travel to the Hoenn or Sinnoh regions (he's too lazy). The tournament hosted by Red & Crystal catches his attention so he decides to sign in for it to see how he fairs. (He borrows his friends Alakazam and secretly takes his brother's Sandslash on the way out to the tournament).

Personality: John has an agressive/cocky attitude towards other Pokemon trainers; though he has an immense amount of willpower. He's lost a few times in his earlier years as a trainer, and everytime he thinks back to those occassions it only encourages him more to win. Oh, an important thing about him is that he's not too 'hip' on the newer pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh so he tends to resent the thought of even battling them.

I'll be sure to have a handrawn version of him soon if you want.

mastachaos
mastachaos
Posted at

…..must..enter…..the….fray.

.Gonna redo it later this week.
Name: Shad

Occuptation: Trainer

Ranking: All Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn badges)

Team:
Angel(Blazeken) lv.79
Shadow(Umbreon) lv.87
Sato(Ampharos) lv.79
Asuka(Garchomp) lv.67
Kyoshi(Dragonite)lv.56
Matthew(Empoleon) lv.77

(Boxed reserves)
Roc(Pidgeot) lv. 66
Zero(Golduck) lv.54
Slash(Scizor) lv.70

Background: Like a typical trainer, Shad started out with an Eevee that loved the moon. After obtaining all of the Kanto badges, his eevee evolved into an Umbreon. Instead of challenging the League, Shad and Shadow traved to the johto, and once again obtain all 8 badges. When he thought of challenging the johto league, his brother gave him two eggs that became a torchic and a mareep. With his two new additions, he decided to train for three years before journeying to Hoenn. Shortly after becoming the Hoenn champion, he resigned almost instantly, stating that he still wasn't ready for Champion status.

He traveled to Sinnoh by request of his brother and spend a few months training with his brother, who in turn gave Shad his Garchomp and Empoleon(which he rarely uses). After hearing about a certain tournament, Shad views it as a chance to see if he's ready to accend to the next level.

Personality: Shad is the quiet type, prefering to observe from the side lines and speaking only if there's a reason he deams "worthy." However, after he knows someone for a while he seems to be more talkative. Shad trains with his team….meaning he acually spars with Angel and Sato(leading to many trips to the hospital). Besides his real brother, Shad also views Shadow, Angel, Sato, and Kyoshi as his bothers.

SIde note: I call Dark arena

TrueNamu
TrueNamu
Posted at

I want in!

Name: Jade(I know it's a girl's name)

Pokemon:
Growlithe(lvl.34)
Farfetch'd(lvl. 50)
Espion(lvl.52)
Flygon(lvl.47)
Larion(lvl.40)
Swellow(lvl.36)

Background: Jade was a typical boy,always into Pokemon and hoping to become a world famous trainer. Jade, when he grew to that age went out and enjoyed his life as a Pokemon Trainer, until he received word of his mother having died because of an accident with the Red Garados Conservation team along with 12 others. His father was not around to tell him since he left him and his mother when he was 5. Jade became depressed, then began blaming himself, to wanting revenge and vowing to catch that Red Garados.

Personality:
Morbidly sad and angry and ready to accept revenge.

(Add my char later,he's already drawn)

Posted at

I find it hilarious that I'm the only one with level 20 Pokemon.

I'm beggining to think I'm gonna need to put in some kind of limitation here, I mean, for really, when you challenged Red in Gold/Silver/Crystal, his Pokemon were about Lvl 80+ each. But he's the -champion-. These level 80+ Pokemon popping up are really kinda silly o.o;

This is the stage that is at the base of the volcano that the superstructure is built around! Every night a band performs here to keep trainers and Pokemon fans entertained throughout the tournament. It is rumored that on the last day, the finalists will climb the mountain through the path that can be seen behind the stage… and that this stage might be a colluseum itself. Only time will tell.

Not a big update, but I figured it would help move things along. :3

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

These level 80+ Pokemon popping up are really kinda silly o.o;

Hey, im just using the pokemon I have in my Gold, Silver, Crystal, Saphire, Ruby, Emerald, FR, LG, Pearl, and Diamond games….

Yes I like to keep ONLY those three pokemon.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

The only way to get through the whole game(easily) is to have 80+ pokemon, thus trainers that have done just that are likely to have pokemon of that level and higher. It's logic.

NPC_Girl
NPC_Girl
Posted at

i dunno, I've completed the games at lv60. but then again i usually have a full batch of legendaries as well. :D

TrueNamu
TrueNamu
Posted at

I've gotten through on one Pokemon every time, so 80+ is for people who don't look for a challenge in their battles.

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

I agree, a limitation sounds very fair. I'm kind of tired seeing all of these level 99 and level 76 and level 83 pokemon. It wouldn't be very interesting that way, would it?

I've beaten Silver with level 65 or less pokemon, and none of them were legendaries. One of them was even still in the 50s, now that I think about it.

xanos
xanos
Posted at

Character Information:
Name:koren
Pokemon League Level:8 Hoenn badges, and 4 original badges (from the first game?)
Pokemon Team: magnemite (lvl 24) grovile (lvl 32) haunter (lvl 28) raichu (lvl 30) *empty space* *emptey space*
Character Background:koren was originally from rusburo city but now he travels around as a pokemon trainer. he never did finish his first league he went to but the second one he completed succesfully (though he lost in the second round of the finals) now he plans to try even harder and this time make it at lease to the semi finals (if possible) oh boy he determined!
Personality: koren is a rather kind person. this normally gets him into trouble because of his habit of striving to help others. he often found sticking his nose in buissness he dosent belong but he hasn't been in any REAL troubleYET

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I propose a level 50 lock, so all pokemon on a team may not exceed level 50.

As for my trainer, I just ported over my actual team with the Farfetch'd I've been training forever. Level 5 to the 90s isn't exactly easy.

Or maybe the whole team may not go over 100 levels. Imagine having to divide your levels amongst your team. So a level 20 here, level 30 there would already be responsible for 50 levels out of your MAX 100.

Posted at

Okay, after some discussion with hpkomic, we figure that the best plan of action isn't a limit, rather, we simply abolish the whole level thing altogether. It should definately help by balancing out the whole thing so that no trainer gets left in the dust. However, we did decide that each trainer will have one star Pokemon- their favorite, essentially, much like what Pikachu is to Ash Ketchum, or what Dragonite was to (the orange island) Drake in the anime. Their star Pokemon is a trump card that is seen often in battle, and the toughest one they got.

In addition, the comic's forums has been set up! So now, we can have more in depth discussion about all this there, just follow the link at the comic page! http://www.drunkduck.com/To_Be_A_Master_a_DrunkDuck_Pokemon_Event/

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

That sounds like a good idea, but how closely should we lean towards the anime in general e.g. are held items allowed etc.?

Posted at

Hmm, I never thought the level things were anything important. I just put the level thing in to show how much he treasures his pokemon like the lower levels were ones he didn't particularly like a lot.

Also I think that the 'holding items' deal could just depend on your trainer like if you've got a trainer that cheats, they could put some sort of cheating item somewhere on their body. I think that could just be limited to your imagination. Just what I feel though.

Posted at

That sounds like a good idea, but how closely should we lean towards the anime in general e.g. are held items allowed etc.?

I can let held items fly, yeah. Though things like Leftovers might be a pain to illustrate, who needs a Pokémon munching on a half eaten apple after every move? :P Though usable items like Potions and what not are probably not going to be used.

Hmm… cheaty trainers… I wouldn't allow them in the side story battles but the main storyline on the other hand I might have a use for them.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I can let held items fly, yeah. Though things like Leftovers might be a pain to illustrate, who needs a Pokémon munching on a half eaten apple after every move? :P Though usable items like Potions and what not are probably not going to be used.

Hmm… cheaty trainers… I wouldn't allow them in the side story battles but the main storyline on the other hand I might have a use for them.

Yes, shellbell time!

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

Okay, after some discussion with hpkomic, we figure that the best plan of action isn't a limit, rather, we simply abolish the whole level thing altogether. It should definately help by balancing out the whole thing so that no trainer gets left in the dust. However, we did decide that each trainer will have one star Pokemon- their favorite, essentially, much like what Pikachu is to Ash Ketchum, or what Dragonite was to (the orange island) Drake in the anime. Their star Pokemon is a trump card that is seen often in battle, and the toughest one they got.

If I remember right, Charizard was Ash's trump card for a while. My trainer has a different star pokemon (Cradily) and trump card pokemon(Garchomp).

EDIT: What about Dark pokemon? Are they allowed?

magnus911
magnus911
Posted at

If I remember right, Charizard was Ash's trump card for a while. My trainer has a different star pokemon (Cradily) and trump card pokemon(Garchomp).

Do you mean Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum/XD? They've only been seen in Orre, and unless Team Snagem or Cipher interfere with the tournament, I don't think we'll see them. Oh wait. I think the greatest threat to the Pokemon world so far has been Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (especially Shadow Lugia), maybe they can be involved in this thing! That would just be pure awesomeness!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Do you mean Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum/XD? They've only been seen in Orre, and unless Team Snagem or Cipher interfere with the tournament, I don't think we'll see them. Oh wait. I think the greatest threat to the Pokemon world so far has been Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (especially Shadow Lugia), maybe they can be involved in this thing! That would just be pure awesomeness!

Well, Kuumba has a shiny pokemon, course dark pokemon will be accepted.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.