Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wow… Didn't think this kinda thing happened so much. Now I'm worried……

Posted at

Has DD received a cease and desist order about this forum topic yet?

Posted at

I doubt DD is directly responsible for what we forum rats have to say. Though this is growing, one of my favorite blogs Cartoon Brew just weighed in on the issue.

I wonder when we're going to see a boiling point.

marine
marine
Posted at

It seems like this storys hit dorkdum pretty hard. I read about it about three weeks ago somewhere, then last week something awful mentioned it in the front page.

Its pretty funny, and personally I think I'll also steal from Dave Kelly.

Also I should plug his site. www.davekellycentral.com brilliant webcomics guys, absolute brilliance. Best ones are Purple Pussy, Awesome Gamerz, Greytown, and the others are worth reading too.

Posted at

Has DD received a cease and desist order about this forum topic yet?

I highly doubt DD will receive a cease and desist order. My personal speculation is that those who do get a C&D are those who also talk about the e-mail that was sent that falsely suggested that Dave Kelly was a pedophile and proceeded to link cartoon examples (those e-mails were sent in response to minors. I know people tend to think that everybody online is their age but the reality is that no, everybody is NOT your age. Some are actually younger.) I wrote a brief article about this on Comixpedia and to my knowledge, they weren't faced with a C&D.

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

Most of the time I find thieves laughable because of the immense stupidity it takes to actually become one, especially when the Internet is involved. A little while ago someone was pretending to be me on NewGround.com and stealing other people's movies. These movies weren't even in my style, and they were taken from a plethora of artists, which meant that for every single movie there was a different style that dominated it. And if that didn't tip people off, the person even entered my age incorrectly, saying that I was 21 instead of 19.

Most of the time, I just blow these people off because the act is very foolish, they always end up being caught, and it's indirectly paying you a compliment. But when you get to someone who's making money off your idea, it's even better because you can sue them.
Or worse. I can't decide.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.