Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

lol. i wrote boat, instead of vote.

anyways, make sure your decision is informed and well made.

here's a non-partisan website to help you.

http://www.votesmart.org/pre_15.htm

have fun and good luck.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

Whichever way it goes, I have the feeling that a lot of Americans will be coming to live with me in Canada for a while.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

while you vote…ill be busy having sex.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

The lesser of two evils.

Posted at

This is the first year I'll be able to vote, and you know what? I wouldn't miss it for the world. Less so for the national election (stupid measly three electoral votes) and more so for the locals, but why am I still voting in an age of pure and total cynicism? When young people everywhere are sick and tired of politics and could care less? Why? I'll tell you why: So I can complain properly.

If you aren't allowed to vote, than complain away, but if you can, and you choose not to, than I don't want to hear any whining from you. If you didn't at least throw your opinion into the ring, even if it counts for nothing, than you should have zero right to complain about the outcome.

And being a Vermonter means I love to complain, so why not take the time to do it the right way? ;)

lba
lba
Posted at

I already voted. Absentee ballots are a great thing. There was a lot of hilarity in my building commons as we read the options. Things like elections in which it says select 3 and there's only 2 running candidates are great for amusement.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

why am I still voting in an age of pure and total cynicism? When young people everywhere are sick and tired of politics and could care less? Why? I'll tell you why: So I can complain properly.

If you aren't allowed to vote, than complain away, but if you can, and you choose not to, than I don't want to hear any whining from you. If you didn't at least throw your opinion into the ring, even if it counts for nothing, than you should have zero right to complain about the outcome.

Exactly! That's the only reason I vote, really. So I have the right to complain. lol!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Oh yeah! This is my first year to vote too, and I am PUMPED!!!

Finally, my oppion will count in congress!

I can finally chose who I want to be president!

And most important of all, like every one else, I CAN BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHO EVER WINS, EVEN IF I VOTED FOR THEM. =D

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

shit, i didnt register in time.
i realized the NIGHT before the illinois registration was cut off [27 days before election day] that i wasnt registered to vote in the state i grew up in.

i hope the electoral gets it right this time. wether they're for the guy i WANTED to vote for or not. i hope they're in tune with the popular vote instead of the opposite.

well, whatever happens, wether your man wins or mine, i pray that he does the best for us.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Oh yeah! This is my first year to vote too, and I am PUMPED!!!

Finally, my oppion will count in congress!

I can finally chose who I want to be president!

And most important of all, like every one else, I CAN BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHO EVER WINS, EVEN IF I VOTED FOR THEM. =D

that's your right as a citizen. be thankful for it.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

what if i just pretend like i voted and keep complaining anyway ?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

who will know except the computers and you?

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Well, we will, because he just said he wouldn't.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

I don't want the computers to have that kind of information!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I don't want the computers to have that kind of information!

Too late they already do. Let me just bring up the information… A simple search for $39.95 gets you all my moves, credit information, names of spouses and children, some school records and every legal record where my name appears which can tell a lot about you.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

oh crap. that's okay, i know the best way to hide from something, is hide in the middle of it. that's why the government doesnt not know where i may be.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Precisely. You want to disappear in a mountain of beaurocratic chickenshit, join the military. They make a habit out of losing your records and you just vanish in a puff of paper work.

Hey where's Airman So-and-so? Uh, I had his paperwork right here… wasn't he reassigned? Nah, his orders, can't you pull them up? The hard copy is probably still down in data entry…

Meanwhile the PX knows everything there is to know about the purchase of that stereo you're late on the payments for…

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Not really. For example, I'm not planning to vote, and yet I also plan to complain. Why? Because there is no one I want to vote for. I don't care about the local crap, it's never affected me yet, but as for the presidential candidates, who are the only politicians I do complain about, well, they never give me the option to vote to keep them both out of the White House.
There's no point in voting if you dislike both candidates and would rather not have either in office.
Just my two cents on the whole right to complain thing. I mean, if there is someone you want in office and you don't vote, then you probably shouldn't complain. But if your reason for not voting is because none of the candidates were good enough, then complain away.

Posted at

Not really. For example, I'm not planning to vote, and yet I also plan to complain. Why? Because there is no one I want to vote for. I don't care about the local crap, it's never affected me yet, but as for the presidential candidates, who are the only politicians I do complain about, well, they never give me the option to vote to keep them both out of the White House.
There's no point in voting if you dislike both candidates and would rather not have either in office.
Just my two cents on the whole right to complain thing. I mean, if there is someone you want in office and you don't vote, then you probably shouldn't complain. But if your reason for not voting is because none of the candidates were good enough, then complain away.

I disagree. You could at least vote for Nader. :)

Really, even a joke write-in vote would count for more than not voting. Not voting is just saying meh, that you don't care, and thus shouldn't be allowed to complain. You've just said you do care, because you don't like either candidate, thus where is the harm in voting for someone else? Consider it a protest against the two you don't like. Sure, it may not do anything in the grand scheme of things, but at least it's honest.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

It's a good thing I live in Canada, then.
Suckers!

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

With me.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

I just missed this election by a year, so whatever.
I'm for Obama obviously.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Obama is the Lord. Only through Obama shall you be able to attain salvation from the eternal fires of hell.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.