Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Everyone seemed super-excited today about voting, like "Let's go vote together on Tuesday." But I voted early…therefore, no camaraderie! Where was all this excitement on Thursday, America?

But really, I'm not seeing why people who don't vote can't complain, no matter how many times people say it. How does it go from "they didn't express an opinion at the time" to "they have given up their right to be displeased at occurrences?" What are they meant to do, quietly slink away when it's being discussed?

Posted at

Just go vote. Everybody who can legally vote. Go vote.
Those who cannot, go help someone who can.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Ah, election day. The day where misinformed hipsters barely shuffle to the polls in an intoxicated stupor to vote for the democrats, and the eldery actually venture into the great beyond to register their vote for the republicans.

And so the sheep known as Americans herd like the predictable peones they are, blissfully ignorant as to how the two party system is the cancer killing our government.

Dance my puppets. Dance~

Posted at

I'm actually really surprised at how invested people in England are in the election. I wasn't here for the previous year, but given how much they all hate Bush I can guess they were even more into it 4 years ago. I know several people who plan to stay up late on Tuesday night to watch election coverage. I can't think of any instance where Americans were so interested in foreign elections.

Everyone in England also hates McCain and wants Obama. The fact that McCain is putting up a serious fight is very worrying to them. In the last couple months I've been asked "why would anybody vote for McCain?" (and more recently, Palin, who was met with horror and disbelief) about two hundred times.

Then I explain how the electoral system works and after we get past the dumbfounded silence I hear things like "that's insane"

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I voted today! My voting adventure was that 5 of the 8 machines didn't work. It took FOREVER to get through the line. However, there was a lot of great discussion going on in the line, and people were debating over the local issues (in a very civil manner - no yelling or being buttfaces).

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Everyone seemed super-excited today about voting, like "Let's go vote together on Tuesday." But I voted early…therefore, no camaraderie! Where was all this excitement on Thursday, America?

But really, I'm not seeing why people who don't vote can't complain, no matter how many times people say it. How does it go from "they didn't express an opinion at the time" to "they have given up their right to be displeased at occurrences?" What are they meant to do, quietly slink away when it's being discussed?

Lord Barack Obama can cure voter apathy. Heck. I got cured from constipation and diarrhea just by looking at this holy picture:

This picture of the great prophet has worked miracles.

According to testimonies I've heard, this picture will:
- if placed in your car, it will deliver you from the perils of the road.
- if placed beside a sick person, the person will be INSTANTLY cured.
- if shown to an evil spirit, the evil spirit will just be terrified and start running away like it saw the boogieman.

Praise be to Obama!!!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I don't know if I should question your sanity, Kyu… Or if I should print that picture out…

Bravo, you once again gave me vertigo. @_@ *Does the picture cure that too?*

Oh, and I voted today. YEAH!!! Free cookies and a sticker!!! >=3

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I don't know if I should question your sanity, Kyu… Or if I should print that picture out…

If you wish to be saved from the burning pits of hell (that was partially unleashed on this earth by those evil republicans and george bush), please do print it out. For the good of your body and soul, please do print it out and post it in your room.

Obama bless you. And have a nice day. :)

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

I got to listen to hate babble (an (more)incoherent hate speech) while I was waiting in line at the poles. For 2 and 1/2 hours.

But I get 5 Extra Credit points in my management class if I bring back my "I voted" sticker.

PS: That picture of Obama is amazing.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

mccain has the lead, apparently he recieved enough votes in kentucky for them to call that one already.

mccain 8
obama 3

(as per cnn 6:17 pm central time)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

It's actually getting annoying how the people here in Canada are so obsessed with the american election. I mean, our own election was barely in the papers at all, whereas the american election has been hogging the news for ages.
Today I saw quite a few people at my school wearing Obama shirts. I mean, not only can these kids not vote to begin with, but it's not even in our country!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Bravo, you once again gave me vertigo. @_@ *Does the picture cure that too?*

Oh, and I voted today. YEAH!!! Free cookies and a sticker!!! >=3

Yeah, irony can lead to vertigo. I had a massive migraine today and now I'm cheering that Lousenberg was reelected in NJ. God, my fellow New Jerseyans are stupid.

I prefer to have this picture on my wall:

I voted for Nader. I hope Obama doesn't bring back the fairness doctrine, I want to hear the Conservative talk shows whine and moan for the next four years. :)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

206-89.

though i think my source is a bit off. there's several states where obama or mccain have the lead according to popular vote (and not just a small margin) that are reporting that the other canadite won the state.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Ron Paul just took Ohio, he's secured his victory.

Also anyone else notice Family Guy on the TV screen at CNN? This is a just a goldmine.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

mccain's gonna go….

"i'll take florida, virginia, nebraska, arizona, idaho, and oregon for the win please"

then obama's gonna go….

"CALIFORNIA….BAM BISH! I WIN THIS ROUND OF DOMINOES!"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.