Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Lygo
Lygo
Posted at

So, I mentioned in my 'I've returned' post (that I doubt anyone's read) that the reason I disappeared was to prepare for and get used to University. Just thought I'd find out how many other of DD's inmates have made such a place their home.

I study BSC Single Hons Drama, which I switched from Joint Hons Drama and Film Studies because like hell was I handing in two essays on the same day. Plus, I originally had no 'practical' time, which was bad, because unless I get to flail around wildly on a stage for at least two hours a week, I get very cranky.

Anyway, finding it pretty comfortable now. Nice flat in private halls, cool people, relatively straightforward course (THREE DAY WEEK!) and Cardiff's a beautiful city.

Anyone else got any experiences to share on the subject?

Posted at

I'm in my second year now, studying animation. For some reason, nearly everyone I end up living with is either unlikable or actively a wanker. So I'm still in halls, sarcastic cheer.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I have a masters degree in biology, so I already served my time. ;) I spent 4 1/2 years as an undergraduate and 2 1/2 years as a graduate student. – And I've been just over 1 year out in the world looking for a job (no success yet).

I miss being a student – living on student loans and scholarships, hanging out with my classmates and professors… I was good at being a student, but I'm a total failure as a job seeker. I almost want to go back for a PhD just so I can have that lifestyle again.

Posted at

I'm a Junior majoring in Graphic Design. I live in a room by myself since my roommate moved out I love my major. It means lots of Late nights doing projects, but it's fun :3.

lba
lba
Posted at

I just moved into a new school after my freshman year when I was stuck at a community college. I somehow got stuck with an extra roommate in a place designed for 2 people and I'm making plans on moving my first roommates stuff out because he makes such a mess and never actually lives with us or does his share of responsibilities. I don't even know where the guy sleeps these days.

Other than that, I absolutely love being a male student in a building full of girls. I get a crap load of hugs and cookies and whatnot. Then again, I just plain love being a student which is why I'm still a sophmore when I could easily have been a junior this year.

Posted at

I'm in my first year of a degree in Fine Art. Two day week FTW! My accomodation sux though, we have a smashed in front door, egg streaks by the lift and words grafittied in the stair ways.

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

18 years old. 2nd year. Animation. My old course was Advertising Arts but I got tired of it and switched to Animation.

Posted at

I am a college drop out! And I ain't not no dummy for it.

Posted at

I'm a Sophomore Anthropology major, living with my wife who is a sophomore Business Major

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

3rd year with a degree in fine art. switched from mechanical engineering. i haet math.

probably would go to SFCAA after I graduate.

and college should never be an excuse for lack of comic!!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I still think about going back to get a PHD… When I was doing my post grad stuff a few years ago I spoke to the professor in charge of my course about that and she was really encouraging. Heh, one of the professors even suggested I should've submitted some of my work to be published (academic reports and things, not comics or art…)

There's a part of me that lives for that kind of thing, LOVES the academic life, and investigating trivial things, learning about stuff and reinterpreting knowledge… sucking the stuff up.
But there's another part that dies, that gets so stifled in that environment. That just wants to say in bed, play video games and pick it's toes.

If I ever did go back, I'd have to focus on more practical, creative aspects in order to stay sane and get through it. Because I tend to mentally tie myself up in knots in the end, like some sort of mental Hamlet I end up hobbling myself into some disastrous from of non-action.

Posted at

I finished a Three year BA(hons) degree course in animation this year.
It was pretty difficult to start with, but got a lot easier later. I enjoyed it.

Katsu
Katsu
Posted at

I've done my time, five years of it and in two countries. But to show for it I'm a double major in Japanese Language and Culture studies and (Cultural)Anthropology. After a year, I found a job as a writer for a small publishing company working in the urban legends and ghost stories department. My night job is chasing ghosts and writing about it. Seriously. :3

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

One BA, several professional skill certificates, tearching certificate and I read most of the reading list for an MA in history.

I had the triple (three guys in a dorm room made for two) but I grabbed the single bed and desk by the window because I got there first. :) I filled the window with Foster's Larger cans and we had a few thousand beer bottle caps in a spiral on the ceiling. That was junior year. The rest of the time I was painfully shy, totally unable to talk to women and I immersed myself in playing D&D and ended up dating every girl I ever played D&D with. ;)

Being a history major meant that whereas everyone bought one $100 textbook I had to get and read $100 worth of $6-$15 paperbacks. As soon as I pay off the student loans for my graphic arts certification I'll probably go back for a masters in Education and a Principal/academic administration certification.

College was fun but everything I needed to know I learned in 14 weeks in Fort Knox Kentucky's School of Armor six months after I got my BA. Especially that I wasn't half as smart as I thought I was.

Posted at

college should never be an excuse for lack of comic!!!

SHUSH. You make me feel bad.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

university is expensive.

choose WISELY and think your decision over (1000 times at the bare minimum) and over before committing to it.

Or you will regret it.

Tacster002
Tacster002
Posted at

I'm a Liberal Studies major dabbling in Psychology, Communications, and English. I can't make up my mind ;D

I wish doodling was a major. I'd master that freshman year.

Lygo
Lygo
Posted at

and college should never be an excuse for lack of comic!!!

It's more the sort of "Left my scanner at home because I'm a moron, and also too cheap to buy a new one." It's going back with me this time.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

I'm a second year in university, but a first year in mathematics. I switched to an HBA/BEd in Math after one year in HBFA because I found out that I can't make art unless I want to.
Math is fun, though. :]

Posted at

I'm a second year in university, but a first year in mathematics. I switched to an HBA/BEd in Math after one year in HBFA because I found out that I can't make art unless I want to.
Math is fun, though. :]

That's like self harm isn't it? Seriously on seminar in that level of maths and my head would go POP!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

You know what I love about college level math? You work like a slave to pass it only to discover on getting out into your profession that everything has a short cut and is on a table somewhere so you just look it up and you never use the skills again.

Therefore I never took college level math, I took astronomy and cosmology where you learn about the universe without the math. This was back when Carl Sagan's Cosmos had just finished its run on Public TV so it was a gut course. I studied listening to the show soundtrack on vinyl because CD players were cutting edge technology and like only 100 albums were on CD.

I'll skip the age jokes about having to do homework with a stylus on clay tablets, hitching onagers up to my chariot to go to class because horses hadn't been domesticated yet…

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

I`m in University of Ottawa for electrical engineering. I also joined the university anime club since I`m a big nerd. It`s fun to geek about.

Posted at

Anyone got any tips for how to get to sleep when they guy in the room above never seems to sleep and religiously plays the thumpiest club music till sunrise. I don't get more than 4 hours sleep and I hate going to lectures looking completely zombified T_T Should I just reside myself to a life on caffine pills?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.