Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

The art is good but the lettering downright makes me cringe.

I'm always surprised about the number of people who get the lettering wrong. Bad lettering is something that will 99% of the time make sure your comic doesn't get featured.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

The art is good but the lettering downright makes me cringe.

I'm always surprised about the number of people who get the lettering wrong. Bad lettering is something that will 99% of the time make sure your comic doesn't get featured.

I got to tell ya, on Nightfallen, its not that bad as ABG states.
I have seen way worse and on Comics which were featured!

Posted at

http://www.drunkduck.com/Nightfallen

One of the top 3~5 furry comics on DD, I'd wager. It's pretty short on archives… just ogle at the art.

Finally someone mentioned that comic. It is short (but he does other stuff outside of the comic), but the art is wonderful.

Posted at

http://www.drunkduck.com/Hellfire/

The artwork is truly spectacular.

I know he's my little brother and I'm biased ^_^ but I do have to echo this suggestion. I think the fact it's a Civil War comic puts people off, but it really is an accessible-to-everyone, VERY funny, wonderfully drawn superhero comic.

He just got an unconditional acceptance to an art university in the UK. :) I'm so proud of him. :D

I'm bugging him constantly to start a non-CW comic so that more people will be interested in it, though.

Posted at

I got to tell ya, on Nightfallen, its not that bad as ABG states.
I have seen way worse and on Comics which were featured!

Yeah sorry, I should have specified. :) It's all right on Nightfallen, not especially harmonious but it's clear and readable. It was more general statement.

Posted at

I know it's new but I'm totally in love with Doplegager's Third Side. The inking is very polished looking and I LOVE the art style. The thing I find most interesting is that the whole thing is done in internal dialog.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Bruised Oranges has been featured!!
It's got a guy getting a blow job on the new page to >_0 I feel sorry for the little kids, are at least me when I opened it up at the public library. >(

Thanks for the list lba, now I can actually suggest one:
Blip is freaking awesome, it's mainly really funny shorts, but has an interesting plot too:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Blip/

The art is fantastic in this one! so much detail into such a tiny space!
http://www.drunkduck.com/Jenny_Wren/

mlai
mlai
Posted at

KLOTECK OMEN

The most achingly gorgeous "anthro" comic on DD, I'd wager. Yes, it beats out whatever titles I had previously suggested. The author starts out a little shakey in the art dept, but by the last few pages your jaw will drop.

And then you will cry because the author has not updated since last June. This comic is dead, but you just have to see what's there.

I'm in looooove with Nightshade… the art is so evocative, I can almost hear her voice…

Posted at

I'm gonna be stealing some comics out of here sometimes, even though I'll still be super picky. :) (Hopefully my admitting that isn't going to lower the quality of contributions…)

I feel like I can't share what comics I like best because I've already either featured them, am gonna feature them, or… hm. Well maybe I can share the ones I WISH I could feature but can't because they haven't updated or whatever… there's an idea!

Nintendo Super Squad Hand-drawn Nintendo hijinks. His take on all the characters is hilarious and his drawing style is so fun to look at.

The Confessional This was a one-off I found. The art is great, and I like the story too. He has a page size problem but I think you can deal with it for 10 pages :)

Er… hm. I guess I've forgotten the rest of them for now…

edit: ok here's two more:
The Battery Story
Sune By the same guy who does Prenna, but I like Sune more. I feel like I missed the boat on featuring this because I don't think he's going to update it for a long time now. :[

P.S. I don't think he was serious about 150 pokemon, it probably doesn't need to be on the list :)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

FYI…less we forget, the thread was started to point out unnoticed comics and not recommend comics to be featured which may already have a fan base.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

FYI…less we forget, the thread was started to point out unnoticed comics and not recommend comics to be featured which may already have a fan base.
Yeah, I'm afraid a whole lot of the titles listed in Iba's list above, violates this rule. Either they're featured now, or they were popular comics to begin with. List needs pruning.

lba
lba
Posted at

I just listed all the comics you guys have noted through this thread. I'll go back and cut it down though. I'll repost it later with any additions we've come up with by the time I finish.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

KLOTECK OMEN

The most achingly gorgeous "anthro" comic on DD, I'd wager. Yes, it beats out whatever titles I had previously suggested. The author starts out a little shakey in the art dept, but by the last few pages your jaw will drop.
*droooooools*
Oh my gaaaahh! I'm so in love! thank you mlai, but it's dead now. ._.
maybe she has another site?

lba
lba
Posted at

P.S. I don't think he was serious about 150 pokemon, it probably doesn't need to be on the list :)
Shhsh you. It meets the requirements and somebody suggested it. So I'm leaving it in. Other people in this thread have had their comics added to the list so I don't see any problem with including it. :)

And here's that updated list. Tell me if I missed anything. My criteria for popularity was if I could flip through the 5 most recent pages without counting 10 comments from different posters ( Excluding double comments and creator's comments. ) I kept it in the list.

Of Snakes and Apples
Twightlight Lady
Roadkill Theatre
Corpus Mustelarum
Vanilanila
Last words
George the Dragon
Posted
Psychodialetical
Bulletproof
Prenna
John Clyde the Nature Guide.
Lycoris
CDLM
Axiom Man Of Magic And Men
Valiant
I Drew 150 pokemon
Daemonslayers Heritage
Our Time in Eden
Gummi Bear ODing
Signifikat
Castrating Bitch Girl
Beyond Human
Nightfallen
Doctor Stiletto
Dreamnasium
Johnny Saturn
Dead Door Goldwater
Divine Leap
Triple Torture
DIS
Third Side
Evergreen Comics

Posted at

I'm gonna be stealing some comics out of here sometimes, even though I'll still be super picky. :) (Hopefully my admitting that isn't going to lower the quality of contributions…)

My suggestion got featured! *pose*

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

You're absolutely right, Midge. The problem in some cases (admittedly not all!) is that, because we don't have access to everyone else's pageviews/rankings, it's difficult to know whether they are "unnoticed" or not.

The number of comments can be a very poor guide. My comic receives a pretty high number of comments and it has been featured and so there's no way I would categorise it as "unnoticed". And yet there are comics on the above "5 comment-posters or less" list that are already way above mine in the rankings. Clearly they already have a high number of readers, they just have a low percentage of comment-leavers.

The reverse is true, in some cases, as regards the "featured" criteria. There seem to be a number of comics which were perhaps featured some time ago and yet failed to capitalise on their brief moment of fame so that, today, they are (again/still!) "unnoticed".

Anyway, that said, I'd like to add Purgatory to the list. I'm not sure if it's been featured already (I think it may have been) but - judging by the number of comments it receives - it does appear to be relatively "unnoticed" at the moment. (Note: the last two updates are text-driven backstory pieces but go back beyond those and you'll find the comic proper. It's a good 'un!)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

@DAJB…I totally understand what your saying. It is a bit hard to confirm if one is unnoticed or not. I was working under the impression of good size archive and few to no comments as to what a define as unnoticed…plus they recently or regularly update.

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

One of the latest comics i've been checking regularly that is still unnoticed is The Green Room. It has a very original art, likable and well differenced characters, updates regularly and the story is getting really juicy. It has around 25 pages of the story so I think this is a great moment to gather readers who might be interested in something like this.
Nice topic :3

amanda
amanda
Posted at

This one is tremendously cute - no story arc, just life commentary coupled with severe cuteness:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Brainfuzz
(I know there's a way to make it clickable text rather than show the whole link, and I swear I used to know it, but I can't figure it out any more.)

*edited for awesome.

Posted at

The number of comments can be a very poor guide. My comic receives a pretty high number of comments and it has been featured and so there's no way I would categorise it as "unnoticed". And yet there are comics on the above "5 comment-posters or less" list that are already way above mine in the rankings. Clearly they already have a high number of readers, they just have a low percentage of comment-leavers.

You wouldn't happen to be thinking of me, would you? Heh. I've wondered about that too. I guess the only explanation is that the PVs for comics with lower comment numbers and higher rankings are coming from off-site.

lba
lba
Posted at

The reverse is true, in some cases, as regards the "featured" criteria. There seem to be a number of comics which were perhaps featured some time ago and yet failed to capitalise on their brief moment of fame so that, today, they are (again/still!) "unnoticed".

When it came to these sorts of things I generally tried to use basic common sense reasoning. Those were the major criteria, but if there was a comic that didn't get many comments but has been consistently mentioned quite a bit by people in the forums I considered removing it. The same goes for the featured criteria. I took off the ones that were featured that I knew were getting interest. A prime example being Crowfeathers with was featured and is popular enough to have gotten a WCCA nomination.Also I was looking for at least 10 unique commentators not 5.

In no way was that meant to be the definitive list or anything. I'm just gathering the comics that appear to meet the criteria that have been named. If I make a mistake I want to be corrected and I'll put a note on it or something.

Anyway, digressions aside, back to the naming of unnoticed comics.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Beleth's Library of Eclecticism

Everyone to Teen+, supernatural, short stories. Shoujo tastes but with excellent use of heavy blacks, minimal girly manga tones, and genuine artistic sensibilities. 29 pages, updates weekly, manga, pro quality.

Posted at

It gave me Sandman vibes, in a good way.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Heh, that's exactly what I thought as well.

Hard-to-please-critic friend gives Kolteck Omen and Beleth's Library Seals of Hearty Approval.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.