Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Ohh, so this was the big news I missed.

Although I can't say I'm sad that he's off, I suppose even Volte is better than nobody at all.

(That's the best compliment you're getting outta me.)

So long Volte, I hope wherever you go people don't reply to you.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's unfortunate that one or two of the more relatively recent users feel so negatively towards Volte6. What you blame him for isn't his fault. After DD changed hands he progressively had less and less of a role managing and fixing the place- that's not bad or good, it's just how it happened. He's a professional man, working to keep his house and family going, and he just doesn't have the time to devote to answering the messages from all the many people that contact him.

And if they're negative at all, I can well understand why he wouldn't want to make the extra effort anyway ;)

Longer term users remember DD from when it was a one man show. Back then he DID have the time to devote to the place. That's what we're thanking him for here because it was at that stage where he created the place and built it up into what it would become.

Posted at

After DD changed hands he progressively had less and less of a role managing and fixing the place- that's not bad or good

No, I'm pretty sure that's bad.

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Good thoughts to you and your future endeavors, Volte!

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Darn it! this is what i miss out for going out for too long.
Oh well, thanks Volte for everything, ive been in and out for the past 4 years but i still keep on coming back, hope the same goes for you too.

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

You're leaving behind some big shoes to fill there, dude.

You will be missed. Best of luck to you, thanks for getting DD up and running!

Luminous
Luminous
Posted at

Thank you for creating such a great, positive place for comic artists to post their work. And good luck with the future!

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

DD is the most awesome free comic site I've been to, thanks or making it that way Volte! It was my first choice and after I finally checked out the other options back in '04, I was glad I found this place first (actually a friend told me to go here or Deviant Art and I didn't even look at DA until like a year later!) A lot has changed since I first got here, for better and sometimes worse but I'm personally content with it overall. I love this site like it's home!

It was awesome meeting you in person at Wizard World, and you put up with my nonstop nervous rambling! (Seriously, I couldn't shut up, I'm always like this when meeting new/cool people! Social anxiety!) And it bears repeating, Nice shoes!

Good luck with Mr. Tiki and your other games you're working on! Don't be a stranger though, be sure to write us once in a while, you'll be sorely missed!

And welcome to DD Mr. Dweedles, good luck to you too! ^_^

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Good luck, Volte. And thanks for having DD up during that time when the Keenspace servers were gone and all my comics were destroyed along with them. Hopefully it's not a permanent goodbye since you can always come back as a community member. :)

Posted at

Thanks for all the work you put into the site Volte, you'll be missed. I'll be wierd to think of DD without you.

Azeth
Azeth
Posted at

We're all going to miss you.

:cry:

Posted at

I never said goodbye :(

Goodbye Volte! I never really knew you but I'm sad to see you off…

Posted at

Bye Volte =( so let me get this straight no-one is actually doing the coding as yet?

Posted at

Bye Volte =( so let me get this straight no-one is actually doing the coding as yet?

They will probably contract someone out of house until they can get someone hired. :) Volte did more for Plat than just DD, but it might take time to find a suitable replacement.

Posted at

So doesn't anyone else in the office know how to code like volte6 did?

Posted at

So doesn't anyone else in the office know how to code like volte6 did?
It doesn't seem so. We don't know who-all works for Platinum but I know Volte was the senior programmer type guy. I'm not sure if anyone was working under him or not, but I don't think there was at the time he left. Volte wouldn't have been so busy if there had been other people to help, I don't think. :)

Everything seems to be running okay, so as long as there's a plan to take care of emergencies we should be fine.

Posted at

Farewell, Volte6! Though we've never met on this site, I'll always appreciate the work you've done and treasure our automatic friendship! :cry:

Kari_Chan
Kari_Chan
Posted at

Unfortunately, I joined long after you left.

But I've been looking around. I can see you've done a lot for everyone.

So for that, I thank you. *bows*

Best wishes and good luck in all your future endeavors!

phantom95
phantom95
Posted at

Sionara Volte I didnt know much about you nothing at all really but I hope you have a good time and do really great at your new job we will all miss you so

Posted at

Apparently, our friend Votle here left such a big legacy that even the new people are saying goodbye to him.

Posted at

I may not know Volte well, but anyone who could start such a successful website deserves at least some recognition, even from newbies like me.

Amperschwa
Amperschwa
Posted at

Apparently, our friend Votle here left such a big legacy that even the new people are saying goodbye to him.

Apparently so.
Given he's an admin I might as well say goodbye to him as well.
Goodbye, Volte. Good luck with everything you ever encounter in life.

Dang it, this sad music dosen't help.
(The intro theme to 7 Days a Stranger)

Posted at

Oh well that sucks =P

Well this site is incredible

So props to you man!

You have seem to impact so many lives here you must have been greet

So live your life and have fun were ever it might bring you is all I can say

^.^v

Jarrod
Jarrod
Posted at

So long and thanks, for all the fish!

I'll miss ya!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.