Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I'd like to point out that exactly how 'altruistic' someone is can be determined by the consistent character they present.

Adolf was a charming fellow, by all accounts: almost everyone who met him was drawn to that warm, witty, attentive character.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OMG, smkinoshita is making me sound like Jesus and Ironscarf is making me Hitler…

Beware, for I am HitlerJesus! Grrrr >:[
I can shoot lasers from my eyes. I will help feed the starving masses by feeding them to each other. Roar!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Haha! - that's why when I do all my great work for charidee, I don't like to talk about it!

Posted at

I once trained under the voluntary rescue force which is part of The National Rescue Committee (our equivalent of national guard, except we don't have guns). It is solely employed by volunteers and receives all its funding through donations and charity sales. Despite that, it has some pretty impressive gear. I was part of the aviation response unit which is a first response team, reserved for extreme case disasters. Training involves lot of hiking since we were expected to be able to travel to hard to reach areas. The final part of the training involves parachuting to potential disaster areas in order to get there as fast as possible.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I never got to test my skills since I moved abroad before any disasters struck. I had also only finished 1 year of the minimum 2 year training program which has to be taken in unison and I never got back into it after I returned home.

…I really should go into it again.

Posted at

The "Character" of Hitler included mass murder, heinous war crimes and secret police. There is a big difference between personality and character.

Although OzoneOcean's Hilter-Jesus is hilarious.

And I'm not trying to make anyone out to be Jesus; that requires doing high-calibre stuff like raising the dead, curious lepers, demonic expulsion and other advanced stuff. I'm just saying Ozone and the other admins are genuinely good people.

And I was serious about the applauding thing. I have a very elderly-but-healthy Grandma and I would hope if she were to fall there'd be someone to help her back up if my family wasn't there at the time. The story struck rather close to home.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

And I'm not trying to make anyone out to be Jesus; that requires doing high-calibre stuff like raising the dead, curious lepers, demonic expulsion and other advanced stuff.

I'll take your word for it: I have no doubt you can do all of that stuff before breakfast.

Posted at

curious lepers
That one made me laugh. lol!

Posted at

LOL! I didn't even notice the typo! That'd make a good band name. Or a web comic name.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

What were you trying to type?

Posted at

"Cured" lepers.

"The Cured Lepers" would make a pretty good band name for a Christian rock group when I think about it.

Posted at

"Cured" lepers.
That's what I figured you were trying to write but the idea of lepers looking over the shoulder of Jesus, trying to see what he was doing, amused the hell out of me.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

"Cured" lepers.
That's what I figured you were trying to write but the idea of lepers looking over the shoulder of Jesus, trying to see what he was doing, amused the hell out of me.
Lepers look like zombies in my opinion.

So, curious zombie?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.