Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

It depends on the company I'm in… I tend to swear more when I'm around my family.

Agreed, it's my family driving me crazy and making me swear.

Not like kids these days in Middle School, f'ing this and f'ing that. I had to tell them to shut the f' up because they thought they were so cool swearing after every bloody sentence.

I swear alot, but when your talking about parking your f'ing bike in the f'ing bike shed in the f'ing school then it's just taking it a little too far.

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

I'm so used to using the $#@!&*% symbols in my comics, I wish I could vocalize them in some way, 'cuz that sometimes comes to mind first. ;0)

Okay okay, I know I'm weird.

I try to mind the company I'm with, but mildly curse around people who don't give a sh*t. or should I say, shit. Only really use the F word when A: really F'n angry, or B: really F'n drunk, then it becomes every other adjective.

Posted at

I cuss like a fucking sailor.

Seriously. When I'm with my friends, it's always 'f this', 'f that'… Paris Hilton's an f-ing bitch. Yeah. Whatever. Who the f cares what the hell I do? If someone says anything bad to me, I'll kick their ass with my mouth until they cry.

I also make my own words up. Like 'un-fucking-believable'.

But I'm a teenager. I'll get over it in about 10 years. *shrugs*

Oh, and also, I can't say anything in front of my parents. Once I said "that's junk" and my mom flipped out. She said "princesses don't say those kinds of things". Princess? PRINCESS?! Do you even KNOW what I do on my spare time?!

…Draw comics, of course. Princesses don't have internet access! Must I re-read these fairy tales?!

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

This probably won't surprise anyone but I don't curse at all . I haven't in 11 years, since I became a Christian. Before that, I cursed like a sailor. I'm around people who curse at work, family, etc. all the time, so it usually doesn't bother me much. I just choose not to curse and wife is the same.

Posted at

I always ward off my parents from reading my blog by telling them I swear like a sailor in it. Which is true. So they don't read my blog or my comic, because my characters swear almost as much I do.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I swear for effect, basically. If there's an intense emotion I have about something, chances are, I'm going to drop the f-bomb fairly liberally and not really care who hears it. I treat "bad words" the same as I'd treat any other word. I apply them contextually and if I don't need to use them, I don't use them. On the other hand, I think that the superstition and negative aura that surrounds these words is absolute bullshit.

If you ask me, the concept of "bad words" has got to be one of the single stupidest aspects of human culture. I can't believe that in the 21st Century, we're still bothered by certain sounds that we make with our mouthes, and that these sounds are always bad, regardless of context. And worse, we have a government commission that is entirely dedicated to making sure said words remain… well… unsaid on TV and radio airwaves. And worst of all, they're paid with our tax money!

They're just words, for crying out loud! They're not even expressions of thought. If you ask me, the expressed intent and physical act of harming another human being is far more offensive than having to hear a four-lettered word. In fact, I'm greatly offended by people who think it's their job to employ police and government in order to stop people like me from essentially making a particular sound with my mouth.

Seriously, with all the bad shit going on in the world, it flabbergasts me to see people… grown adults… acting as though some irreversible damage has been done by having a to hear a pajorative. The sun will not stop shining if your kid hears you say "shit" and repeats it. We can handle this. It's okay. Tomorrow will still come.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to take the sting out of bad words is to stop reacting negatively to them.

I guess some people consider saying "Jesus" a swear though. I don't.
Oh, don't even get me started on that one. That one's unique in that it's not the word itself that's supposedly bad. It's the fact that when we use it as an exclamation, we're using it without merit. You know what I say to that? Jesus fucking Christ!

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

I swear all the time. Though I don't do it when it's not appropriate. Like in presence of small children and relatives. Any other time it's swear-tastic.

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

I try not to swear if I can help it. Sometimes though, I just can't help it. I'm working on trying to get it under control though.

warren
warren
Posted at

Swear too much actually, been trying to cut down for quite a while.

Don't do it much in my comics though… I've always thought an overreliance on cursing in writing shows a lack of imagination. Doesn't mean it should never be used, just let it fit the context.

Posted at

not generally. the only swear word i allow myself in regular conversation is 'bloody hell'.

-i will say it if i am repeating what someone else said.

-physical and extreme emotional pain means that i am not held resonsible for whatever comes out of my mouth.

Posted at

i have a pretty extended vocabulary–sometimes it fails me.

and that's where my friends Mother F- and the Funtime Four Letter word crew come in.

i actually swear less than i do in my comic. i guess i'm just trying to get attention.

//really trying to cut down. honest.

Posted at

as George Carlin said that swear words aren't necessary but are more like enhancers to language… well my language is very enhanced.

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

"When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight it's way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. As for the types of comments I make, Sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence."

One of my favorite quotes.

Posted at

I swear for effect, basically. If there's an intense emotion I have about something, chances are, I'm going to drop the f-bomb fairly liberally and not really care who hears it. I treat "bad words" the same as I'd treat any other word. I apply them contextually and if I don't need to use them, I don't use them. On the other hand, I think that the superstition and negative aura that surrounds these words is absolute bullshit.

If you ask me, the concept of "bad words" has got to be one of the single stupidest aspects of human culture. I can't believe that in the 21st Century, we're still bothered by certain sounds that we make with our mouthes, and that these sounds are always bad, regardless of context. And worse, we have a government commission that is entirely dedicated to making sure said words remain… well… unsaid on TV and radio airwaves. And worst of all, they're paid with our tax money!

They're just words, for crying out loud! They're not even expressions of thought. If you ask me, the expressed intent and physical act of harming another human being is far more offensive than having to hear a four-lettered word. In fact, I'm greatly offended by people who think it's their job to employ police and government in order to stop people like me from essentially making a particular sound with my mouth.

Seriously, with all the bad shit going on in the world, it flabbergasts me to see people… grown adults… acting as though some irreversible damage has been done by having a to hear a pajorative. The sun will not stop shining if your kid hears you say "shit" and repeats it. We can handle this. It's okay. Tomorrow will still come.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to take the sting out of bad words is to stop reacting negatively to them.

I guess some people consider saying "Jesus" a swear though. I don't.
Oh, don't even get me started on that one. That one's unique in that it's not the word itself that's supposedly bad. It's the fact that when we use it as an exclamation, we're using it without merit. You know what I say to that? Jesus fucking Christ!

Thank you. You are COMPLETELY RIGHT! In fact, I am trying to swear MORE just to get people used to it. Everyone, help me. Say words like fuck, damn, hell, bitch, shit, bastard, ass etc.. Help me break humanity of it's own stupidity.

Rori
Rori
Posted at

I use profanity, but I also say things like, "awe, flapjacks!" Sometimes it's just funnier. I do say "fuck that guy/shit/etc." a lot. I agree that the concept of "bad" words is a bit absurd. I think my big problem is the constant sex/gross humor spewing from my mouth, but hell, why shouldn't I talk about taint rash on the CTA, those kids live in Chicago, they're used to it.

Coyotejeff
Coyotejeff
Posted at

I swear Casually, Frequently and fluently.

Posted at

"When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight it's way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. As for the types of comments I make, Sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence."

One of my favorite quotes.

Awesome.

Loud_G
Loud_G
Posted at

I never swear. Never have, never will. I just don't like it. I don't like hearing it or reading it. It used to be really bad because every time I'd hear the F-word it was almost like physical pain.

Just so you know, I am 26 and married. (To give you a little more of the story)
I don't see swearing as "Adult" (read: naughty) language, I tend to see it as "Childish" (read: naughty) language. ;)

I am also a very religious guy, so my non-swearing fits well with my beliefs. :D

Posted at

I don't swear at work, and I try not to while in public. However around my friends, it's a little more and the angrier the more I do. However, last year one of my roommates warned the people across the hall that if they had their door open when any of us were playing video games to just pretend that we had turrets.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

I swear when I am:

- driving
- playing video games
- on roller coasters
- and when I'm mad with or fighting with skanks

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I am also a very religious guy, so my non-swearing fits well with my beliefs. :D
Then I hope you're aware of the obvious sexual connotations of your avatar. ;)
It's not a matter of interpretation, the composition and that angle of view was chosen for a reason. lol!

Just so you know, I'm swearing at you all right this second. :P

Posted at

hmmm…
is cooch a swear?

I never swear in my comic, because my little cousins & my younger brother read it!!! although there was one time where the word "bitch!" was totally needed, in an exclamatory sense… I used some really cheesy word instead, don't remember which.
I don't swear too much, but I'm constantly saying inappropriate things…
oh and look what I found in a bag of cheetos?

heh. fuckin a!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

hmmm…
is cooch a swear?

I don't swear too much, but I'm constantly saying inappropriate things…
oh and look what I found in a bag of cheetos?

heh. fuckin a!

I get it!

It looks like a doggy treat.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.